- Text Size +
Chapter 85:

Nastasia looked at Kevin as he rushed over to her. She backed up a foot, as if she were afraid of him, until she bumped into the mirror and slid to the floor, the tears still raining down her cheeks.

" Oh God, Stazzie...sweetheart, " Kevin gasped as he pulled her shaking body into his arms. He hugged her tightly, trying to give her comfort, but she tried to push him away. " Stazzie stop, I'm trying to help you. "

Nastasia kept trying to push Kevin away from her, afraid of his touch. She didn't even realize it was Kevin. She was just so scared, she swore her father was there and he was trying to hurt her.

" NASTASIA! STOP! " Kevin shouted to get her attention as he grabbed her shoulders firmly, but gently.

Nastasia blinked more tears down her cheeks as she stared up at the pair of emerald green eyes, casted with worry, that were looking upon her. " Kevvy... " she barely managed to whisper as she finally relaxed in his arms, burrying her head in his chest as she sobbed.

" Sweetheart, tell me what happened, " Kevin pleaded as he stroked her soft hair. He avoided touching her back, afraid that he might hurt her because of the bruises that were forming. " Please Stazzie. "

"He...he...he..." Nastasia sobbed as she covered her face with her hands.

" Sweetie, take a deep breath, calm down, " Kevin soothed, stroking her cheek gently.

"He..." Nastasia gasped for air, she couldn't breathe. She felt like her father was right there. She couldn't breathe. It hurt so bad, her back and head throbbed.

" You need to calm down, just take slow deep breaths, " Kevin instructed, seeing Nastasia was showing the first signs of hyperventalation.

"AJ...AJ...Oh Kevvy..." Nastasia sobbed, her mind blanked out. Her mind swirling as her back throbbed, she could feel the blood trickle down her shoulder blade. She felt like she was back in the house that it took her so long to get out of. All the time she spent trying to leave.

" C'mon Stazzie, look up at me. Tell me what happened, " Kevin said, trying to keep her alert. He needed her to calm down.

"AJ...he...he...he hit me...the door...my...my...head..." Nastasia gasped, feeling the darkness creep in her mind.

" Why sweetheart? " Kevin asked, having already heard A.J's side of the story, but wanting to hear her side.

"He got mad because I didn't...I didn't...tell him Chase was leaving...he just kept slamming me...Lex was crying... my head... I was so scared Kevvy. I was so scared." Nastasia replied as sobs rattled her body.

" He hurt you about that? "

"Y-Y-Yes."

Kevin shook his head sadly. He knew how A.J could get when he was angry, but he never thought he would go this far because him and Stazzie were really close. " He had no right to hurt you. "

"I deserved it..." Nastasia whimpered.

" No Stazzie, don't you dare say that. "

"I...I...just hurt..."

" I know, but don't you dare say you deserved this because you didn't deserve it. He had no right to do what he did. "

"Yes." Nastasia whimpered, but sobs broke loose, "I want Howie."

" Oh shit, " Kevin winced, Howie was the reason he had come to get Nastasia. He knew she was the only one who could get him to calm down at the moment. " Listen, I came in here because Howie's about to murder A.J, and I'm sure A.J is feeling the same way towards Howie. They got into a bad fight before I came in. Howie is really out there defending you, but I need your help. You need to get out there with me and help me calm Howie down before one or both of them gets hurt. "

"Kevvy..." Nastasia felt her heart rip from her chest. She didn't want Howie standing up for her. She wanted it to be left alone, she just wanted to sleep this nightmare off. She couldn't process anything right at the moment. "He didn't...Howie, is he hurt?" Nastasia couldn't face the facts if Howie had gotten hurt by her faults again.

" He's about to go crazy if you don't talk to him. He's pissed off as hell about the things that A.J has just said about you... " Kevin trailed.

"I don't want Howie to get hurt." Nastasia whimpered.

" That's why you need to go talk to him. "

"Okay, will Lexie be okay? I don't want to-"

" Lexie is going to be fine. She's sleeping, but we need to go now. "

"Okay..." Nastasia sniffled, she didn't want to see AJ right now. He terrified her beyond belief. She felt so dizzy as she stood up, she knew she needed to help Howie.

*****

Nastasia felt sick as Kevin helped her into one of Howie's baggy shirts. Her skin ached badly and maybe worse than her head did. He had to help her down the hallway. She felt even sicker when she looked to see Nick and Brian practically sitting on Howie and AJ to keep them from tearing each other apart.

" You fucking bastard! How dare you say that about Nastasia! " Howie shouted as he tried to push Nick away, he wanted to lunge at A.J.

"Fuck off Howard! You know it's true! I'm glad I shoved her into that wall!" AJ hissed as he tried to pry Brian off him. There was no success at that. Nastasia watched in horror.

" YOU SON OF A BITCH! " Howie threw Nick off him with one tough push, sending Nick crashing to the floor with surprise. Howie lunged at A.J knocking Brian off of him.

"HOWIE!" Nastasia heard her voice pierce the air. Everyone's heads jerked from the scream that rose out of Nastasia's pale lips.

Howie made the mistake of turning his head away from A.J to look back at Nastasia, letting his defenses go and as soon as he did, A.J threw a punch.

"You jerk!" Nastasia screamed as Howie went flying to the floor, clutching his jaw tightly. Nastasia felt the tears fly down her cheeks as she ran as fast as she could to Howie. Before AJ could jump on Nastasia, Kevin grabbed him.

" I'm fine, just stay back! " Howie shouted as Nastasia reached him.

"No you're not. Please stop Howie. Please." Nastasia whispered as tears kept falling down her cheeks. She was in so much pain. She just wanted to die, not having to go through this.

" I SAID STAY BACK! " Howie shouted again as he jumped up, wiping blood from his mouth. Without warning, he lunged at A.J, knocking Kevin away and the two fell to the ground swinging wildly at each other. A.J threw some good shots at Howie, but Howie managed to block them all. A.J jumped up again as did Howie and the two kept going at it, harsh words flying from their mouths the whole time. Within a second's time, Howie threw a massive punch towards A.J's head and A.J fell to the floor, not moving.

"Ohmigod." Nastasia moaned as she fell to the floor. Her heart pounded as Howie stood there, his chest heaving as he stared at AJ. AJ still didn't stir. Kevin felt frozen.

" Oh my god, " Brian mumbled quietly as he stared on in shock.

"AJ? Come on AJ! Wake up!" Kevin yelled as he smacked AJ's cheek. He was furious with both Howie and AJ. Nastasia was near a panic attack, then they heard AJ moan.

Everyone watched on in worry, waiting for A.J to open his eyes, but he only let out another quiet moan, his eyes staying closed.

Nastasia felt her lungs start to compress. She couldn't breathe as she stared at AJ. His lifeless body. She shook her head as the pain increased. "I can't...I can't stay..." Nastasia just shook her head again and ran, running away from everything.

" Stazzie! " Howie shouted after her.

She was too far gone. She burst out the doors and kept running, having no clue where she was going. Kevin felt himself tear in two different directions as he watched AJ's eyes flutter open. "You both blew it." He hissed as AJ moaned again.

Nick looked to everyone and then took off in the direction that Nastasia had ran.

Kevin glared again as Brian pushed Howie back onto the couch. Everyone was burning with anger for Nastasia. Kevin silently hoped Nick would catch up with Nastasia, but for now he helped AJ up and pushed him onto the other couch. "How many fucking fingers am I holding up AJ?" Kevin asked, anger bursting through his words.

A.J stared at him dazed like and not fully alert. He squinted a bit, but didn't answer.

"AJ, answer me now!" Kevin yelled hoarsly.

A.J kept staring at Kevin's fingers, squinting. He didn't want to answer because he couldn't tell. Everything looked double to him.

"Great a fucking concussion. And how many stitches do you need Howie? How much blood have you lost? How are we going to keep this from the press?" Kevin moaned, "Lord knows how bad Nastasia's injuries probably are. Damn it you two!"

A.J began to feel dizzy as he swayed a little bit on the couch, his vision going more blurry than it already was. He couldn't remember anything that happened, it was all a blur, even though it happened just a few seconds ago.

"Brian, take AJ to the rental car. Get him to the ER. Tell them what happened." Kevin ordered. "I'll get Alexandria and Howie in a cab and take him, make sure he didn't break anything or something. Then someone will have to call Nick's cell phone. I just hope Nastasia's okay."

" C'mon J, let's go, " Brian said as he walked over to A.J. A.J looked at him slightly and his eyes began to close. " Whoa J, no, keep your eyes open! You can't close them! You gotta stay awake man! "

Kevin sighed as Brian coaxed AJ to keep his eyes open. He slowly made his way out the door and down the steps. Kevin turned back to Howie and shook his head sadly. "Let's go get Lexie and we'll go"

" Who said I'm going? " Howie hissed.

"I did and you sure as hell can't take me on." Kevin answered with a hard glare. "You know you just fucked your relationship up with Nastasia again? And she's in so much pain right now that she can hardly breathe? Have you seen her back? There isn't one inch that ISN'T covered with a bruise or blood. And her head has a huge bump. You better pray to God Nick finds her, or you might not have a wife."

Howie gulped down the lump that was in caught in his throat, his heart was still pounding rapidly, that he didn't even feel the pain that was surging through his hand.

"So, like I said before. Let's go get your daughter, who's sleeping and has no clue where her mother is. She's probably going to flip out because all she's wanted was her mother today and get you to a hospital. I'm betting money that your hand is broke, you knocked AJ out good. And you just better start praying Nastasia comes home in one piece." Kevin barked coldly, his heart beating as he thought of Nastasia's injuries.