- Text Size +
Chapter 86:

Nick burst into the cold night air, his eyes darting in both directions as he searched for Nastasia. He hadn't been too far behind her, and he was just hoping that he could catch up to her. He took off running as he caught a glimpse of her running.

" Stazzie! WAIT UP! " he shouted as he picked up his pace, not wanting Nastasia to get too far ahead.

Nastasia barely looked over her shoulder and saw Nick, but made no movement to stop, she kept running, faster if any. She didn't want to see Nick. She wanted to get away from everyone, everything. She needed to go some place quiet, where she could just sit alone and let her pain take her away.

" NASTASIA! STOP! " Nick shouted again as he followed her into the city park, that only happened to be a few blocks away from the hotel. She must have spotted it when they came into town.

When he reached her, he grabbed her by the shoulders and spun her around. As a surprise, she screamed at the top of her lungs, it scared Nick. She just kept screaming.

" Stazzie, no, stop! It's only me! Please Stazzie! It's me Nick! " Nick stated as Nastasia struggled against his hold, she wouldn't even look at him. He used a hand to force her face towards his gently. " Stazzie, calm down! It's only me, Nick! "

Nastasia's screams soon turned into desperate cries and she slumped to the cold ground, Nick falling with her. She still didn't want to look at him and Nick was becoming more worried.

" Stazzie- "

" Leave me alone! Get away! " Nastasia shouted as she pushed Nick.

" Stazzie, please stop! " Nick pleaded, feeling his heart break in two. This wasn't the Nastasia he knew.

Nastasia burried her head in her hands as Nick held her close to his body. She just wanted everything to end. She didn't want to be there anymore and have to deal with all of it.

" Shhh... " Nick soothed, hugging her close. He kissed the top of her head, looking down at her, wondering what was going through her mind.

" What...did I...do...to deserve...this? " Nastasia sobbed, her body shaking.

" Nothing sweetie, you didn't do anything, " Nick tried to answer, but he could feel Nastasia shaking her head.

" Yes I did, I've screwed everything up, A.J should have just ki- "

" Nastasia! " Nick said with surprise. " Don't ever talk like that. A.J is the biggest ass for what he did to you. He had no right to do that, you aren't at blame for any of this! "

" Yes I am, " Nastasia whispered.

" No. "

" I've caused A.J to hate me, " Nastasia whimpered.

" A.J's got a problem, it's not your fault. "

" I should have told him what Denise was going to do. "

" What do you mean? "

" She took Chase to Orlando to be with Lauren, I found out, but I didn't tell A.J. I should of, but I didn't. "

" That still doesn't give him any right to hurt you. "

" He had every right to- "

Nick turned Nastasia around. " You listen to me Nastasia, A.J had no fucking right what so ever to lay a finger on you, you got that? So I don't want to hear you saying that you deserved it. "

" But- "

" No, damnit Stazzie, you blame yourself for all of A.J's problems, and that's not fair to yourself. A.J's problems are his problems, not yours. So don't blame yourself! "

Nastasia stared up at Nick through her tears, she could see the sincerity in his face, she just wished everything was all over. That's all she wanted, she couldn't deal with this anymore.

*****

Howie sat off in a corner of the waiting room, cradling his daughter on his lap. He held onto her with one arm while the other was wrapped tightly in a heavy duty ace bandage. He had just gotten done seeing the doctor and it turned out he had cracked a bone in his hand and it was throbbing greatly at the moment, but he didn't care, he was worried about Nastasia. He had screwed up again and he knew it.

He looked up to see Brian resting quietly in the chair next to Kevin while Kevin stared angrily at the wall. They had basically alienated Howie at the moment, neither of them would speak a word to him and Kevin had said nothing on the way to the hospital.

It didn't bother him very much, the only thing that bothered him was that Nastasia wasn't there, if she was there with him, he would be fine, but the worst part was he didn't know where she was or if Nick had found her.

Soon, a doctor approached the three guys, studying a clipboard as he walked. He had a solomn look on his face as he sat down and faced the guys.

" Well, " he began. " I've gotten the catscan results back. Your friend has suffered from a good concussion, whoever hit him, hit him pretty good. "

Kevin looked at Howie and glared, who in return looked down, hiding his face from the doctor and his two friends.

" He's going to be doing just fine, there's no permanent damage that I can see, so there'll be no memory loss. I tried questioning him about what happened when he was brought in, but he wasn't able to answer, he didn't seem to remember anything about it. That could be a good thing. I want to keep him here over night to keep a good watch on him, and then I'll release him in the morning. If there are any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them, but if not, I'll allow one of you to go see him. "

*****

A.J stirred restlessly as he slept. His mind was cloudly and very nightmarish. He kept on seeing images of his son, times when they were together and images of just his son alone, the cute smile he usually held on his face. He wanted to just reach out and hold him, but everytime he would reach out, Chase would dissappear, adding to A.J's despair, and then he would see images of Lauren and he would feel his anger boiling. But slowly his anger began to melt away when he would see an image of Lauren alone, her beautiful smile shining, but then the image would turn dark and he would become angry again. It just happened over and over.

" Mr. McLean? "

A.J allowed the male voice to travel in one ear and out the other, he was in no means wanting to listen.

" C'mon Mr. McLean, open your eyes. "

A.J mumbled a bit and slowly opened his eyes, hoping that if he did, than maybe whoever was there would soon go away and he could go back to his nightmarish dreams. He quickly squinted his eyes as they opened, for the light in the room stung his eyes greatly. " Damn, could ya turn down the lights a little? " he muttered hoarsly.

" How many fingers am I holding up Mr. McLean? " the doctor asked, holding up three of his fingers.

" Three, now turn the lights down. "

Kevin appeared by A.J's side, seeming to surprise him.

" I guess I'll leave and allow you two to talk. Page me if you need anything. And don't stay too long, because Mr. McLean needs to rest, " the doctor instructed as he walked out of the room, dimming the lights a bit as he left.

" What the hell was wrong with you tonight? "

" If you only came in here to yell at me, I'm not going to listen because my head hurts enough as it is and I don't need to hear any bullshit coming from you. "

" You are going to listen to every word I say, got it?! " Kevin hissed. " I want to know what gave you the right to do what you did to Nastasia. "

" The bitch deserved it. "

" You call her a bitch again, and I will beat the shit out of you right here, " Kevin hissed, his eyes turning a darker color. " How the hell could you do that to her? "

" She deserved it. "

" After all she's done for you? After all she's been through for you? And this is what you do? "

" She's a bitch just like her friend Lauren. " A.J sunk deeper into the matress as the words slipped from his mouth.

" You're the most careless son of a bitch that I know, and I'm sad to say I know you. You used to be different, but now you're just a selfish asshole, you make me sick. "

" Fuck you Kevin. I don't need to hear this shit. "

" I think you do. You need some sense put into that empty head of yours. Let me just tell you something, Nastasia has always been there for you, she would do anything to see you happy, she would die for you, but I don't see that you - "

" Bullshi- "

" Shut the fuck up and let me talk. You don't give a shit, Nastasia cares about you so much. She has been through so much for you and you just hurt her. She'd be stupid to ever forgive you and I'll make sure she doesn't. And with Denise taking Chase back to Lauren, I'm glad she did, because eventually that boy would have gotten hurt because of your temper and you would have nobody to blame but yourself. "

" Fuck...you, " A.J muttered, his eyes glistening with tears. Kevin's words were stabbing him in the heart.

" You don't want to hear it because it's the truth. Well, great going A.J, you've really screwed up this time and don't come running to any of us, because we aren't going to help. You don't deserve any help. You don't deserve anything, " Kevin hissed and stormed from the room, leaving A.J there, staring at the open door as the tears rolled down his cheeks silently.