- Text Size +
Chapter 92:

A.J walked towards the dressing-room with much determination on his mind that he was going to talk to Nastasia now, no question about it. He had to talk to her now or he was going to go crazy. But with each step he got closer to the dressing-room, he felt his heart beat faster, because didn't know wether or not she would talk to him at all.

AJ stopped just before entering the room. He hesitated, did he really want to do this? He knew Howie was in Kevin's dressing room talking, which would keep him busy. So, he could talk to Nastasia without fear of Howie killing him. But would she talk?

He slowly and quietly opened the door and peeked his head, finding Nastasia quieting Alexandria who had recently been crying, but now was calming down as she sucked on her bottle. He felt himself melting, he was missing Chase dearly.

Nastasia felt someone's presence in the room, she shook off the thoughts. "Mommy loves little Lexie. " She sighed softly as she placed Alexandria down on the couch, swiping away a blonde curl that had fallen. Alexandria looked intently at her mother as Nastasia quickly eased her large t-shirt off to get into her concert outfit with her back facing the door.

A.J leaned against the door frame as he waited for Nastasia to finish changing into her concert outfit. He smiled at Alexandria as she looked over at him.

Nastasia heard Alexandria giggle as she finished changing. Nastasia looked at her daughter and she stopped. She followed her daughter's gaze and found her heart start to beat faster and faster.

A.J swallowed hard as Nastasia's gaze met up with his. He could see she was beginning to panic with his presence there and he wanted to just turn around and leave without saying anything, but he made himself stay. He was going to talk to her now. " Can I have permission to talk to my sister? " he asked hesitantly as he took a step into the room, causing Nastasia to step back.

"Um..." Nastasia answered as she took another step back, wanting her distance between the two of them. "Sure..."

A.J hated that she was doing that, but he knew it was his fault. He was just going to have to deal with it. " If you don't want me to be here, just tell me so and I'll leave. But I really want to talk to you. "

"Okay...talk..." Nastasia answered as she averted her eyes for a moment. She looked to see the bathroom door on her left. She could run for that if she needed, but then there was Alexandria, "What's on your mind?"

" Alot of things, " A.J answered quietly, glad to be wearing sunglasses because he didn't want her to see the pain in his eyes. He deserved that pain, she didn't. He looked around and saw a chair near by him and took a seat.

Nastasia seemed more at ease when he sat down. She stood behind the couch, watching him carefully. She didn't know what to say to him.

A.J rested his head in hands, and sighed, his breath coming out shakey. He was having a harder time with this than he thought he would.

"What's the matter?" Nastasia asked softly, her heart still betraying her mind. She gently eased herself a bit closer to where AJ was and sat on the couch. Looking at him carefully.

" Myself... "

"Yourself?"

" Yes. "

"Oh."

" I'm the biggest problem to ever walk this earth. "

"Don't say that JJ. You're not the biggest problem to walk the earth. You were just angry." Nastasia answered, her heart softening on her older brother.

" No. I don't want to hear you try to make an excuse for what I did, because there is no excuse. I had no right to do that to you, you didn't deserve it one bit. I was angry, but I had no right to take it out on you, " A.J said, his voice becoming shakey.

"But I should have told you about Chase. I deserved it JJ, I accept the fact that I deserved it."

" No, that's just the thing. You didn't deserve it Stazzie, I don't blame you for not telling me and I had no right to go off on you like that. It kills me inside to think that I've made you afraid of me. "

"I'm not afra-" Nastasia was about to say, but she heard the door swing open. Which startled her greatly as she jumped up from the couch.

" What the HELL do you think you're doing in here?! " Howie exclaimed, his anger shooting at A.J, causing him to jump up from the chair he was sitting on.

"Howie, chill, he just wants to-" Nastasia tried, but Howie wouldn't see it any other way.

" I thought I told you to stay the fuck away from her! " Howie hissed.

"I want to tell her I was sorry Howie!" AJ called out shakily.

" You aren't fucking sorry. "

"I am. I swear I am." AJ blurted out as Nastasia's heart iced over. Fighting again, she felt like her whole world revolved around arguments.

" Get the hell out of here and I'm warning you, don't fucking come near her again. "

"Howie would you please stop!" Nastasia pleaded as she grabbed ahold of his good arm.

" Fine, " A.J muttered as he bolted out of the room, letting the door slam shut behind him.

Nastasia jumped from the sound of the door slamming. Alexandria started to cry as the tears sprung to Nastasia's eyes. She moved to pick up Alexandria and comfort her.

" Stazzie... " Howie started.

"What?" Nastasia asked softly.

Howie sighed. " I'm sorry, I'll see you back at the hotel tonight. " He turned around to walk out of the room.

"Howie!"

" What? " Howie asked quietly as he stopped at the door.

"You're not performing?"

" Not anymore. "

"Do you want company?"

" No, don't not perform because I've decided not to. That's not fair to you. "

"But I want to make sure you're okay..."

" I'm fine... "

"You don't seem fine."

" I'll be fine. "

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid?"

" Yeah, I promise. "

"Will you be up when I get home?" Nastasia asked timidly.

" I might be. Do you want me to take Alexia? "

"I think I can handle her."

" While you're performing? I'll just take her back to the hotel with me. "

"Okay..."

" I love you. "

"You're not mad at me?"

" Why would I be? "

"I don't know." Nastasia answered as she shifted her eyes. She was used to people getting mad at her for no reason at all. Something her father had done quite often.

" That's because I have no reason to be mad at you. Now give me a kiss to last me until you get back after the concert. "

"Okay." Nastasia smiled as she ran over to where Howie was. She placed a gentle kiss on his lips, which he in return pushed the kiss into a more steamier one.

After a minute, he pulled back and walked over to the couch where their daughter sat watching them intently and picked her up. He walked back over to Nastasia, giving her one last kiss. " See ya when you get home. "

"Bye." She answered softly as he walked out the door, not once looking back. Nastasia sighed softly, somehow things were taking a turn for the worse. But she kept praying the silver lining would peak through soon.