- Text Size +
Chapter 95:

"My goodness! I'm surrounded by men! It's so agravating! You think I'd love being the only woman on this bus! But between the burping and the farting I think I'm going to die!" Nastasia moaned loudly as Brian, Nick, and Kevin squished her tighter in the middle of them. She squealed out as Howie walked into the backroom with Alexandria.

"Hey D!" Nick smiled as Nastasia let out another squeal.

"Baby. Squished. Me. Help." Nastasia replied in broken English. Howie laughed as Alexandria turned her head to look at her mother, she smiled as she saw her mother call out again.

"We decided we loved your wife so much that we're keeping her." Brian answered as he placed a kiss on Nastasia's cheek. She whimpered.

"What?" Howie laughed.

"She's ours now. We're not giving her back. She gets to spend the night in Kevin's room tonight. Then she's in mine. Then she's in Brian's room the night after." Nick answered as Howie eyed Nastasia with surprise.

"HELP!!!" Nastasia yelped.

"When do I get her?"

"You don't." Brian grinned.

"Oh, now that's not fair." Howie whimpered.

"What are you going to do about it gimpy?" Nick challenged. Kevin looked at Howie, who looked a bit angry. And frowned, something had definitely been up with him, and he still couldn't figure it out.

"Howie! That reminds me!" Nastasia laughed suddenly as she pushed the three men off her. She looked at them with a large smile as they decided whether or not to grab her.

"What?" Howie asked softly, watching his wife's eyes carefully.

"The doctor called. He said that the next stop you're supposed to go to the ER and have the cast put on. He said that he checked your x-rays and decided that you needed to cast." Nastasia answered.

"Oh great." Howie muttered.

"Howie, it's not that bad." Nastasia smiled, "Plus we'll be in Nevada. One night spent on the bus sleeping, then the next night we get the whole day to ourselves. We'll go get the cast put on and spend the day together. All right?"

"Is that a promise?" Howie asked softly, knowing he didn't spend nearly enough time with Nastasia as he wanted.

"Definitely."

"Good." Howie replied as he kissed her softly, enjoying the feel of her lips on his.

*******

After a few hours Howie's pain medication slipped into affect and he slept soundly. Nastasia managed to get Alexandria to bed also, putting her with Howie in a bunk. Nastasia looked up front to see AJ sitting by himself, she sighed softly as she went to go over to him, but was pulled aside by Kevin.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asked abruptly, becoming very protective of her. Nick was becoming the same way, it made Nastasia feel good. But at the same time it annoyed her greatly.

"Over with JJ. He looks like he needs me."

"He might hurt you-"

"I already talked to him. He said he's sorry. And I knew he meant it so I forgave him, Kevvy." Nastasia answered softly.

"I don't think it's wise for you to forgive him." Kevin answered, still upset about what AJ put her through. He totally agreed with Howie, not that he agreed with hurting AJ. But sticking up for Nastasia was the right thing to do, because Nastasia wouldn't stick up for herself.

"He's going through a rough time right now Kevvy. None of you have offered your support. Which is very wrong. Instead of overlooking what he did to-"

"He physically hurt you Nastasia-"

"He made one mistake. And I'm not going to hold that against him. He's hurting very badly right now and he hurts even worse. And I'll be damned if I let him go through it alone." Nastasia answered seriously, her ocean eyes locking with Kevin's emerald eyes.

"Be careful." Kevin whispered as he softened.

"I knew you'd understand."

"But will Howie?"

"I-" Nastasia really couldn't answer that question. It was one that left her stumped.

****

"Hey JJ. What's up?" Nastasia called softly as she walked up to him. He glanced up from one of his magazines and smiled. He was so happy to see Nastasia's ocean eyes staring at him with happiness.

"There's my sister. What's up?" AJ asked as Nastasia sat next to him on the seats by the window. AJ wrapped his arm around Nastasia and tugged her closer to him.

"Just put Lexie down."

"Awe. Mother's love is never ending." AJ answered, but winced after he had stated it. The word mother still left a sour taste in his mouth. He never wanted to say that word.

"Mom did call me." Nastasia answered.

"When?"

"A few days ago. When I still wasn't allowed to speak with you." Nastasia answered.

"Where is Howie?" AJ asked wearily, looking around. He still knew Howie was extremely upset with him. Howie still didn't know Nastasia had forgiven him, which made AJ on more of an edge.

"He's sleeping." Nastasia answered.

"Oh. What'd Denise say?" AJ asked curiously.

"That's mom."

"No-"

"She said that you were the most important thing in her life. She thought that you'd understand what she did. She said she never wanted to hurt you JJ. She just did what she thought was right. It's breaking her heart to pieces that you refuse to speak with her." Nastasia answered softly.

"She took him away."

"But Chase is a lot better now, he's not sick. He talked to me. He's bouncing off walls and everything. He's just extremely happy JJ."

"He talked with you?"

"Yes."

"He's happy? Does that prove that I'm a bad father?"

"No, because he misses you terribly. He wanted to talk with you when I talked with him. But I didn't know where you were. I told him you would call him."

"I will-"

"Maybe you should start by calling mom first?" Nastasia hinted as she handed AJ his cell phone. Her beautiful eyes filled with question as she raised a blonde eyebrow at him.