- Text Size +
Chapter 98:

The next day the bus finally made it to Nevada. AJ had told Nastasia his plans, and he wanted her to be in the room when he made the phone call. She was like his rock, she agreed and promised she'd be there, but then she'd have to be off to get Howie's cast on.

" Hey Stazzie, you in here?! " A.J called as he bound into Howie and Nastasia's room. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Howie laying on the bed watching tv, as Alexandria slept next to him.

"She's taking a shower." Howie mumbled not even wanting to give AJ another look. He was still upset that Nastasia could be so forgiving towards someone who could hurt her so badly.

" Fine, I'll leave, " A.J muttered and turned around to leave.

"Hey JJ?" Nastasia called as she burst out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her long blonde hair. She looked at Howie, who was glaring and frowned. "What do you want JJ?"

" Nothing anymore, " A.J answered quietly as he reached for the doorknob.

"JJ, don't you dare leave." Nastasia answered as she quickly shut the door, before AJ could leave.

" Why not? " A.J questioned.

"Because I hate it that you and Howie are so pissed at each other. If anything, I should be mad at both of you, and I'm not." Nastasia answered, looking between her husband and her brother.

" Yeah, well...I don't want to cause any problems so I'm just going to go, " A.J replied, openening the boor, but Nastasia shut it again before he could walk out.

"I swear to God Alexander James, if you do not sit down and talk out your problems right now there is going to be a wall with your head on it." Nastasia whispered forcefully.

A.J stepped back from Nastasia, shock written on his face.

"Sit down." Nastasia answered.

" Nastasia- " Howie started.

"I'm not listening to anything until you two talk." Nastasia answered as she placed her hands over her ears and leaned against the only door.

Howie rolled his eyes as A.J took a seat in the chair farthest away from the bed.

"I hate women." AJ muttered as he slumped on the chair, rubbing his temples. Nastasia glared hatefully at him.

" I hate you, " Howie mumbled towards A.J.

"Why? Because Nastasia and I have a better relationship than you and her do?" AJ muttered back.

" You wanna say that a little louder? "

"Not if you heard me in the first place."

" Smartass. "

"Just because it's true."

" Screw you. "

"Uh...no..." AJ shot back.

" Why don't you just go fuck off? "

"Because Nastasia has the door closed."

" Like it's ever stopped you before. "

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

" You know exactly what it means! "

"Actually, no I don't."

" That's because you never think with your brain. "

"Neither do you, otherwise you and Stazzie wouldn't be fighting all the damn time!"

" You're really asking for it! "

"No I'm not, you're the one who started getting the attitude!"

" You came bursting in here uninvited! "

"Because I wanted Nastasia's help with something! And I'm sorry, she usually doesn't mind when I burst in!"

" Well I do, so get the hell out of here! "

"Nastasia has the door, why can't you get that through your thick skull?!" AJ spat back as Nastasia looked at the two of them. Sadness was glistening in her beautiful eyes.

" Why don't you just slam her against it like you did before? "

"Okay now that was low. I told her I was sorry for that. I didn't mean to hurt her." AJ spat, his eyes turning dark.

" You're full of bullshit. "

"No I'm not, because it's the truth. I never meant to hurt her. I would never hurt her in a million years."

" But you did! "

"But I wasn't thinking right! And she accepts it! Why can't you?!"

" Because you hu- " Howie began but stopped, realizing this was going nowhere.

Nastasia just watched the two. It tore her insides apart that they couldn't get along. She wished they would, she prayed they would.

" This is useless... " Howie mumbled.

"Why can't you accept my faults like Nastasia did?" AJ whispered.

" Because... "

"Why?"

" Forget it. "

"NO Howie, I want to know."

" Fine, I don't know. "

"What?" Nastasia blurted.

" Exactly what I said. "

"You don't know why you're mad at JJ?"

" I know why I'm pissed at him, because of what he did to you. "

"But you can't sit there and accept me for my mistake?" AJ asked.

" Accept you for hurting my wife? "

"She's my sister Howie. I never meant to hurt her."

" Fine. "

"Fine what?"

" I accept your apology... "

"Really?" AJ asked hopefully.

" Yes. "

"Seriously Howie?" Nastasia asked, looking at her husband for a moment, trying to decide if he was lying or not.

" I said yes. "

"Uh...Thanks Howie..." AJ mumbled.

" What was that? " Howie asked.

"THANKS HOWIE!" AJ yelled.

" DAMN! DID YOU HAVE TO YELL?! " Howie yelled back, his features softening.

"Oh yeah!" AJ grinned as Alexandria stirred with a whine. "Watch out Howie, she might beat you up again."

Howie rolled away from his daughter and fell off the bed. " Shit, " he cried out in pain as he slammed his bad hand on the floor.

"Ohmigod Howie! Are you okay?!" Nastasia asked quickly.

" I'll...be...fine, " Howie winced, leaning against the bed and cradling his hand.

"Sweetie..." Nastasia cooed as she bent down towards Howie.

" What? "

"Are you sure you're okay?"

" Yeah, " Howie answered, putting on a fake smile.

"You lie so bad."

" But you love me anyways, right? "

"Unfortunantly." Nastasia laughed.

" Hey now. "

"I'm playing, but you still get your cast today."

" Damn... "

Nastasia rolled her eyes as she stood up. "JJ, what did you want again?"

" You know...the call I was supposed to make? "

"Yeah..."

" Nevermind though...I see you have to take care of whiney boy there... "

" Watch it J... " Howie grumbled jokingly.

"No, I'll come..." Nastasia answered softly, "Howie, I'll be back in an hour to get you for the casting session."

" Where you going? "

"Help JJ with something. "

" And it's going to take you an hour? "

"It might..."

" Ok... "

"Unless I decide to go see my secret lover, then it might take longer." Nastasia grinned.

" Oh, so now you have a secret lover too? "

"Hey, don't yell at me. You're the one who's having twins."

" D's having twins? " A.J smirked.

"With his other lover...but guess what JJ?" Nastasia grinned.

" What? "

"I'm having Nicky's triplets."

Howie jumped up as A.J looked completely shocked.

" YOU WANNA RUN THAT BY ME AGAIN?! " Howie exclaimed.

"Okay JJ, now it's a good time to run JJ!" Nastasia answered.

" I think you're right, " A.J answered.

"Uh....love you Howie! Bye!" Nastasia squealed as she pushed AJ out the door.