- Text Size +
Chapter 99:

" You're bad, you know that? " A.J grinned, placing his arm around Nastasia's shoulders as they walked down the hall towards his room.

"Yeah, and it's from growing up with you." Nastasia laughed.

" You trying to say that's a bad thing? "

"Nah!" Nastasia smiled as AJ pushed the door open to his room. She giggled as she fell onto the bed and bounced up and down laughing.

" Didn't think so. "

"Ahhh, it was only because of mom." Nastasia laughed as AJ picked up the phone.

A.J felt himself freeze as he reached to dial the number. He knew that this was going to happen. He just stared as his hand reached out to dial, but didn't touch the dial pad.

"Did the dye get to your head? Or are you going to dial the number JJ?"

A.J quickly put the phone back on the reciever as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Come on JJ, you can do it."

" I...I forgot the number, " A.J lied.

"You liar." Nastasia sighed as she picked up the phone and dialed the number, handing it to AJ. "She's waiting."

" Thanks, " A.J mumbled, taking the phone from his sister. He brought the phone up to his ear as he listened to it ring.

"You know I'm right." Nastasia replied as she sat down on the bed.

A.J just rolled his eyes as it kept ringing. He sighed and was about to hang up when someone answered.

"Hello?" Lauren answered the phone.

A.J felt his heart stop beating as he heard her voice. He wanted to hang up the phone right then but he didn't. He just sat there, staring at the wall blankly.

"Hello?" Lauren asked again as she heard a smack, then a loud moan.

A.J bit down on his bottom lip then spoke. " Lauren? "

"AJ?!" Lauren screeched.

A.J held the phone away from his ear for a second. " Um...yeah. "

"W-W-Why?" Lauren stumbled as her heart continued to pound with a fast beat.

" Why what? " A.J asked with confusion.

"Why did you call?"

" To talk to you...if that's ok. "

"It's...uh-fine."

" You don't sound so sure of that. "

"It's just I thought you didn't want to talk to me."

" Feeling's mutual... "

"I..." Lauren swallowed her words. She didn't want to admit she missed him. But just hearing his voice made her want to cry. She wanted to hold him, kiss him, love him.

" You what? "

"Nothing." Lauren muttered.

" No, you started saying something, so tell me. "

"It's nothing."

" Than if it's nothing, why did you start to say something? "

"I don't know."

" Fine, " A.J scuffed.

"Your so damn aggravating."

" I'm the one who's damn aggravating? You have some nerve to talk Lauren. "

"Oh shut up Alexander, all you do is piss me off every single day! I'm glad Chase isn't around you!" Lauren spat, then she regretted the words.

" Oh fuck off Lauren! Damn, I call to try to have a damn civilized conversation and you begin to bitch at me! "

"Yeah, because we all know I'm the bitch of the century!"

" And I married you! "

"FUCK OFF!" Lauren screamed as she slammed the phone down hard in AJ's ear.

A.J brought his hand down to his side as he heard the dial tone. Once again he had messed up. " Shit... " he swore under his breath.

Nastasia looked at A.J with shock. She knew what just happened wasn't good. The look on her brother's face told it all. " JJ? "

" Shit... "

" JJ? What happened? " Nastasia questioned as she turned him around to face her.

" Shit shit shit, " A.J swore again as he stood up and slammed the phone down. He ran over to the dresser and grabbed his cell phone, sunglasses and black Nike cap. He looked around frantically, avoiding Nastasia's gaze, and then ran over to pick up his wallet off the nightstand.

Nastasia grabbed A.J's arm and looked up at him. " What are you doing? "

" I gotta go. I...I just gotta go, " A.J answered as he slipped on his hat and sunglasses. He shoved his cellphone into his baggy jeans pocket and looked at Nastasia. " Do you understand? "

" I think so? " Nastasia replied, raising a blond eyebrow at him. " What am I supposed to tell everyone when they find out you've just up and left? "

" Um...tell them I was abducted by aliens, " A.J joked as he ran over to the door.

" That might be believable if it was coming from Nicky, " Nastasia laughed. " But how about the truth? "

" Ok, that too, " A.J grinned reaching for the doorknob.

" Um, JJ? "

" What? " A.J asked as he stopped and turned around.

" Do you plan on going out and not being recognized? Cause if that's the case, you might wanna put a long sleeved shirt over your tank, " Nastasia giggled. " Or the tattoos are gonna give ya away. "

A.J looked down at his arms and rolled his eyes as he ran over to the dresser. He pulled out a long sleeved checkered overshirt and slipped it on. " Much better. " He grabbed the manilla envelope also. " Better take this... "

" Oooh...going for the Eminem look, huh bro? "

" If you say so, but you know I look DAMN good compared to him. "

" That I will not deny. "

" I'll call ya when I get to Orlando. "

" Alright. Good luck JJ and don't give up. "

" Thanks, I'm gonna need it, " A.J muttered as he ran back over to the door and opened it. " Thanks Stazzie for your help! Love ya! Bye! "

Nastasia shook her head with a small chuckle as the door slammed. She knew A.J was going to stop at nothing now to make ammends with Lauren. She knew that he loved Lauren with all his heart and that he had never stopped loving her, even when he had screamed at her that he wanted a divorce. It was just taking him this long to realize it. She just prayed to God that Lauren wouldn't make the same mistake A.J had and not talk to him, or all hell would break loose.

*****

" C'mon damnit! This happened to me the last time I was going through the same problem! " A.J hissed at the young lady behind the desk at the airport.

" When all flights are booked, there's nothing I can do but book you on a later flight, " the young lady answered becoming annoyed by the attitude A.J was giving her.

" Well try harder. There's gotta be ONE seat open on one of the flights to Orlando! "

" Sir... "

" Listen to me! You don't know how important it is that I catch a flight to Orlando today, " A.J explained, lowering his voice level down. " Please, try again. "

The young lady sighed and turned back to her computer, quickly taping at the keys. After a few minutes of silence she finally turned back to A.J. " You're in luck. I found a seat open on a flight to Orlando that leaves in five minutes. Would you like me to book you for that flight? "

" YES! " A.J shouted. He impatiently tapped his finger on the marble counter as he waited for his ticket to be printed. Once it was handed over to him he took off running, only having 3 and a half minutes left.

" Gate 9A sir! " the young lady called after him.

" SHIT! " A.J hissed as he glanced down at his watch. He had less than a minute to reach his boarding gate and he'd be damned to miss his flight, he had gotten this far.

" WHOA! WAIT! " A.J shouted just as one of the flight attendants was closing the doors to the on-ramp for the plane. He sprinted over waving his ticket to her.

" Just in time sir, " she smiled.

A.J offered her a smile back and ran onto the plan, his mind racing with thoughts. He was really on his way to Orlando, he just hoped he wasn't wasting his time trying to win his love back.