- Text Size +
A/N: Last story for a while.It was actually after I had written this story did I discover the song fit. The song is really beautiful [as of the artist =D) and the artist name is Josh Groban.

~Wash away the thoughts inside
That keep my mind away from you
No more love and no more pride
And thoughts are all I have to do~

The date was etched in to every corner of his memory as his ears still rang with her terrified scream.Just depicting the scene of her wrongful death made him so insecure that suicide was at the top of his to do list possibly in minutes.

Everything; her paintings, photos, video tapes, cassette tapes, presents, anything that reminded him of her was immeadiatly burned trashed or given away that day or in the span of thirty two hours.

September 11th was etched into every corner of his memory as of the tearful words of knowledge that her life would be abruptly snatched from her.

~Remember when it rained
Felt the ground and looked up high and called your name
Remember when it rained
In the darkness I remain~

"Howard."

"Erin baby!" he cried out with excitement.Grining widely he adjusted the phone from his hand to between his shoulder and ear.He continued to cut the fresh vegetables for the Parmesian salad he was preparing.His parents were visiting and he wanted to fix the dinner.Smiling,he knew his mother would gawk all over him and smother him with her love.

Sighing,he awaited the answer from his girlfriend Erin Marie Zinnerman.He was planning on marrying her once she got back from Boston.She was right then leaving New York on a national convention of some sort he couldn't recall right this moment.

He was so proud.The glimmering diamond stayed in safe keeping wth his elder brother John Dorough.

"Howard." she said.Her voice was dead as he could hear he commotion surrounding her on the plane.

"Baby,what's going on?" Howard asked.the sharp blade immeadiatly stopped moving and for him,the air stood dealthly still.

"Terroist have taken over the plane...I'm going to die."

~Tears of hope run down my skin
Tears for you that will not dry
They magnifies the one within
And let the outside slowly die~

Tears brimmed his brown eyes as the knife blade clattered against the marble counter.His heart stopped and his chest tightened.A knot begin to form in his stomach as a wave of nasuea hit him.

"Baby?" Erin asked,her voice evident of the pain.

"No." he whispered shaking.Taking the phone by the hand he collasped to the floor.

"Howard,don't cry for me.Remember all the good times we had.Remember all the bright days instead of the dark.We've been through some tough times.But we made it baby...didn't we?"

"Erin,I can't live without you." he sobbed covering his mouth.

"Yes you can Dorough.I want you to find love.I want you to-"

"No Erin!" he screamed nearly choking on the tears,"I love you!I'll always love you..."

"Then carry on my wishes.Grieve Howard but please not forever.Don't push away the guys.Don't shut out your family.Do not lingle on my memory but please don't forget me."

"I'll never forget you baby...because I love you.And I want to marry you."

"I want to marry you too." she said as the connection starting to break.Erin sobbing could be heard as Howard could hear the door open and his parents' voices drifted through the small condominium.His body shook hard as Erin let out a blood curling scream then phone died...along with his girlfriend.Unable to bear the fresh news of her death,he dropped the phone and covered his face as tears fell from his eyes like a waterfall.

~Remember when it rained
I felt the ground and looked up high and called your name
Remember when it rained
In the water I remain
Running down...~

Standing at the grave of Erin Zinnerman,tears glazed over his dark eyes even three years after the incident.Although still single,he was trying his best to fulfil the final wishes of his late ex-girlfriend.

The flowers dropped from his hand to the mound of grass.Squatting down his fingers traced over the beautiful carvings.

Erin Marie Zinnerman

A daughter and a friend

May 7,1971-September 11,2001

He remembered Erin's looks exactly.He remembered her long blonde hair with shimmering blue eyees that looked like a vast ocean.She was tall he recalls and carried herself with grace.Being a women of Christian faith, her success in the field of science was easy for her.

Standing up,he took one last look at the beautiful head stone then turned and begin to slowly walk to the limousine that patiently awaited his return.



~THE END~