- Text Size +
Chapter 1

Bridget ran down the stairs of her apartment building. She was already running late and waiting for the elevator would only waste time. Faith and Jacky, her two band mates were waiting down stairs for her already. They had a big audition today. For the past two months they had spent almost all of their free time preparing for this. If they got the job, they would be opening up for the BackStreet Boys on their world tour. That would be the break that they were waiting for.

"Bridget!!" Faith yelled as she saw the younger woman run out of the building, "what the hell took you so long? We're going to be late!"

"Chill out," Bridget replied as she opened the door to the car and sat in the back seat, "it's not like we're the first act or anything. We can afford to be a little late."

"This better not be what costs us this gig," Faith warned in her usual motherly like way.

"Don't worry about it. They probably won't even know! So just drive the damn car and get us there already!"

"Bridget, this is a big deal for us," Faith said as she pulled the car into the road, "so please just act like you care."

"I do care," she replied as she ran her brush through her medium length brown hair, "if I didn't, I wouldn't have joined up with you guys in the first place."

"Leave her alone Faith," Jacky said to the first time, "she's probably just buggin' out that's all. None of us has ever had this big of a chance before."

"And that's why she should have been on time," Faith replied. Bridget rolled her eyes as she put her brush back into her bag.

"Faith, you know that I love you right?" Bridget asked, "but sometimes you're just a pain in my ass. Everything is going to be alright so just relax."

"How can I relax when I know that this audition might decide the rest of our careers! Girls, we could hit it big if we do this right!"

"We know that Faith," Jacky responded, "and that's why we have to act as normal as possible. So that way they actually hire us and not think we're just a group of nervous wrecks! That might cost us the job!"

"How do you figure?"

"Think about it. If they see how nervous we are preforming just for them, they're going to think that we're not going to be able to handle large crowds, which are the kinds that I know for a fact that these guys draw. So just relax and have fun."

"I just want this so much," Faith replied.

"So do we," Bridget informed her, "but we might not get it and we have to be ready. I mean the add was so vage. Sure, they might think that we're talented, but not what they're looking for. Who the hell knows what they're lookin' for. They might hire some old guys who's only experience is playing in the others garage."

"That makes me feel a lot better," Faith replied sarcasticlly.

"Don't mention it."

~*~*~

Nick Carter sighed as he walked into the arena and saw the other guys already sitting there, waiting for him. Kevin would for sure lecture him about being late. Especailly now. Since he completed touring for his solo album, things between him and Kevin had been very uneasy. He couldn't understand what started this fued, but he just knew that there was no way that he was going to get Kevin to have a change of heart. So he just ignored everything that went on between the two of them. He acted as if it was how things were supposed to be.

"Carter, I told you noon," Kevin Richardson snapped as he watched Nick walk down towards him the the other members of the band, "you knew that we were auditioning bands today."

"Did I miss anything?" Nick asked.

"No but..."

"Then all is good. Let's get this party started!" he declared as he took a seat next to his long time best friend and band mate, Brian Littrell.

"Where were you?" Brian whispered as he leand towards Nick.

"Back at the hotel. I just didn't feel like gettin' outta bed. I didn't know how late it was," he answered in a whisper as the first band took stage. After about fifteen bands had played, the guys had yet to decide which one they thought would be fit as their opening act. They had decided to take a short intermission to talk about it among themselves.

"I liked the sixth group," AJ McLean said as they started talking about the bands.

"Yeah, I have to agree with AJ," Howie replied.

"I haven't really liked any of them yet," Nick said, "I mean they're good but I haven't seen anything that really stands out and makes me think 'wow.'"

"Nick's right," Brian replied, "these guys are all really talented but nothing has caught my eye just yet."

"Fine," Kevin answered, not wanting to get into a fight with Nick, "let's keep going and see what else there is. Someone here should be good enough."

~*~ BackStage~*~

"We're next," Faith informed the other girls.

"We know," Bridget replied, "but just remember, be cool and relax."

"I'm so nervous," Faith confessed.

"Maybe Bridget or I should sing lead then," Jacky suggested.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm sure I can handle it." Bridget looked at her and placed her hands on her hips.

"You were the one..."

"Ladies, you're on," the stage manager yelled. The three girls quickly went onto the stage. This was their chance and they knew it so they sang their hearts out. In their minds it was their best preformance ever.

"Congrats ladies," Kevin said after a quick talk with the guys, "you're hired!" Screams came from the three girls after they were told the good news. They knew that this was going to be their chance for fame. If this tour didn't get them out there, then there would never be a tour that could bring them fame.

"Thanks guys," one of them answered while the other two still vented their excitement.

"We'll be back in a few minutes to talk to you guys." She nodded and the three girls headed towards the backstage area. Nick smiled to himself. He was glad that they won, in his mind, they were one of the only bands with talent. It only took the guys a few moments before they found their way to their new opening act.

"We want to thank you guys for letting us open for you guys," one of the ladies said.

"Hey, you girls are talented. We're happy to have you in the BackStreet family," Brian replied.

"Glad to be part of it."

"I'm Kevin," Kevin stated as he extended his arm.

"Faith," she replied as she took his hand, "and these girls are Jacky and Bridget."

"Hey," Jacky replied with a smile on her face.

"That's AJ, Brian, Howie and Nick," Kevin introduced.

"Sup," Bridget said.

"Let me tell you a bit about the three of us," Faith said.

"It's okay, I'm sure we'll get to know you because of all of the time that we're going to be spending with each other," AJ said.

"AJ," Kevin said as he looked over at the younger, smaller man.

"Jacky's 18 and fresh out of high school. Bridget's 23 and out of her mind.."

"Hey, watch it," Bridget snapped, interupting Faith.

"Couldn't resist," Faith replied with a wink, "and I'm 26 and some how got stuck with these two. I still have yet to figure out quite why or how."

"You love us," Jacky reminded her.

"How'd ya'll meet?" Brian asked curiously.

"Well Bridget dated my little brother for a while," Faith replied, "we got talking and got to be friends even after they broke up. I ment Jacky through Bridget because she went to school with her cousin or something like that."

"What got you guys into singing?" Howie asked.

"We all liked it and thought it might be a fun idea if we all got together. I think that was a damn good idea cause we've done pretty well," Faith answered.

"Alright ladies, we'll be seeing you very soon. Take care until then, we have some business to take care of," Kevin replied as he shook at the girls hands.

"Can't wait," Jacky mentioned as Kevin shook her hand.