- Text Size +
Chapter 10

Nick sighed as he walked down the hall way of the hotel, his eyes wondering over everything. Everything about last night seemed to be unreal. They, he and Bridget, had spent hours talking until they both fell asleep. It had to have been one of the best nights of his life.

"Hey Nick," Brian called as he walked up behind Nick, "what's been on your mind bro? You looked like you had something important on your mind this morning."

"I was just thinking about Bridget."

"Nick.. you know..," Brian started but was interrupted by Nick.

"We talked for a while last night and she and I are together now. I didn't think that it would happen but she said that she loved me and I couldn't believe it. I hadn't expected her to just break down like that so fast."

"I guess you really made an impact on her," Brian replied. "But I'm happy for you. I'm glad that everything worked out in your favor."

"Thanks man, I don't know what I would have done without you," he stated, "I might have given up a long time ago."
"Hey, I can't take any of the credit, I did tell you to give up on her."

"Do I ever listen?" Brian laughed.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing that you didn't decide to start now." Nick smiled at his friend, glad to know that he had all of his support.

"Nick," Bridget said as she walked out of her hotel room causing Brian and Nick to look in her direction.

"Hi Bridget," Brian said. She smiled at him.

"Hey," she replied.

"Whatcha need?" Nick asked.

"Nothing. I just wanted to make sure that what happened was real."

"Very real," Nick answered.

"Well I'm going to leave you guys alone so that you can talk," Brian informed them as he walked towards his room.

"Good," she said with a sigh of relief.

"So we both thought that it was a dream."

"Yeah, it seemed like it was though, didn't it?"

"It did," Nick nodded. "Like some sort of fairy tale."

"The Prince and The Tramp maybe," Bridget replied.

"Brige, don't say that. We all have pasts but all that matters is our future alright? 'Cause I'm willing to put all of this behind me so you should be able to too. I don't care what you did alright? All I care about is you."

"Sorry, I just sometimes can't believe..... that I have something," she mumbled.

"You've got me. Forever. Even if this doesn't work out, I want us to be friends," Nick replied, kissing Bridget lightly on the top of her head.

"I'd like that. Thanks Nick."

"So what do you say that we go out for a little while. Our first date actually when you think about it."

"I don't know Nick. Are you sure that it's such a good idea that you let your fans see us together?" Bridget asked.

"Last night I said that we didn't have to tell the fans, but I don't care what they think any more. They can know whatever because I've got you."

"That was so corny," Bridget replied with a laugh.

"Yeah I know, but it sounded kinda good you have to admit," Nick replied.

"It sounded corny."

"Whatever 'cause I meant it. No matter how corny it sounds."

"Good."

The End