- Text Size +
Chapter 2

The month before the tour went by quickly. Day after day, the girls rehearsed. Faith was determined to have the group preform it's best every night. The hours were rapidly melting away as the girls waited for the guys to meet up with them. Touring started today. Though their first show was tomorrow, they were already becoming very excited.

"Faith, I'm going to take a break," Bridget announced. Faith looked at her dissapprovingly.

"We have to be perfect and we can only be perfect if we practice," she explained.

"Yeah well I need to chill before I pass out alright?"

"We're going to have a break in about twenty minutes," Faith reasoned as she looked from her watch back to Bridget, "I think you can make it until then."

"Sounds a lot like a certian someone that I've worked with for the past ten years," Nick commented, causing the girls to turn around and look at him, "too bad Kev's already married or we might have found a match."

"Come on Nick, tell Bridget, since you have experience in this sort of thing, that you need to practice," Faith asked.

"Yeah well, my experience also tells me that you should stop when your body tells you that it's had enough," he answered.

"See," Bridget said with a grin on her face, "I need my break. I'll be enjoying it down the hall. Away from the insane workaholic." Nick smiled at her as she walked out of the room.

"Why must you encourage her?" Faith asked.

"Because I know where she's coming from," Nick explained, "when I first started this, it was way too much for me to handle. Give her time, she'll get used to it, I promise."

"Not if she doesn't try," Faith countered.

"Look, you don't need to push her past her limits. That's what happens to a lot of acts out there. They get pushed to far and they can't handle it. That's when they break down and you never hear from them again."

"Faith, don't say anything," Jacky interupted before Faith could reply. Jacky knew all to well the look on her face. It said 'oh no you didn't' and she was ready to tear Nicks head off.

"Fine, I'll be back," she replied as she walked out of the room.

"Is she always like that?" Nick asked.

"No, she just wants things to go well. When she's serious about something, she lets it take control of her life. She just wants this to go well," Jacky explained.

"If I didn't know better I would swear that she was Kevins long lost sister or something," Nick joked. Jacky laughed then shrugged.

"You never know."

"Yeah well I know that now I'm going to have double the trouble. Mixing her and Kevin is defnately not a good thing, especailly for me."

"Probably for Bridget too," Jacky replied.

"Do they always fight like that?"

"Basically. They're great friends, at least I think or there would never have been a group. There's just some history between them."

"Faith said Bridget dated her brother. She dump him or something?"

"Look, they didn't actually date," Jacky commented, "you can't tell anyone that I told you this though."

"I won't say a word."

"They were more fuck buddies than anything. It pisses Faith off to think that her brother could be like that. She blames it on Bridget sometimes."

"If Faith hates her so much, why did you guys become a band?"

"You ever hear that saying, 'keep your friends closer, and your enemies even closer?'" Jacky asked. Nick nodded. "Well I think that's what Faith has going through her mind."

"Why don't you ever say anything to either of them?"

"Because I think once Faith really gets to know Bridget, she'll realize that she's not as bad as she thinks she is. I've known Bridget and she's a good friend. Faith has other things on her mind other than friendship."

"Do you think that's why Faith pushes her so hard?"

"I know that's why."

"And you've never said anything to either one of them?"

"Talking to Faith is almost impossible. She has it set in her mind that Bridget is bad and that she needs to help her become 'good.' Bridget on the other hand, well she's Bridget. She knows what's going on, it's impossible not to see, but she's not going to be the one that breaks. Personally I think she's a lot stronger than Faith in that way."

"You'd think Bridget stole her man or somethin'," Nick commented. Jacky smiled.

"Nope, Faith says that the guys that Bridget goes out with are horny frat boys. Whereas she preferes the more adjusted and sophisticated men."

"Couldn't be more different could they?"

"No way in hell."

"Good luck having them in your life everyday," Nick replied.

"Luck isn't all that I'm going to need," she answered.

"We're going to be leaving soon so I'll talk to you later," Nick told her.

"Alright c-ya," she answered as Nick walked towards the door.

"Peace."