- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Bridget sighed as she sat in front of the tv in the backstage area of the arena. She still couldn't believe that she was there. As much as she complained about having to work, she loved it. She only wished that Faith wouldn't push her as much as she did. Though she knew the reason why she did it. Faith's brand of 'tough love' started when she had walked in on Bridget and Allan, her brother, having sex. An arguement ensued which lead to the truth about Allan and Bridget's relationship came out. Ever since that night, Faith has always been hard on her.

There had never really been a normal relationship between Allan and Bridget. It had always been sex. They met at a club. Where Bridget meets most of the men that she dates. They got talking. That was when they found out that neither of them was really looking for a relationship. One idea lead to another and that's how the idea of being 'fuck buddys' was born. They had never intended for them to meet each others family. Faith just happened to come home one night as Bridget was leaving. The only thing that he knew Faith would accept was the she was his girlfriend.

"Hey Bridget," Nicks voice came, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Oh hey Nick," she replied as she looked over at Nick. 'Now that I think about it,' Bridget thought to herself, 'he's pretty damn hot.'

"How's it goin'?" he asked.

"Okay, and thanks for eariler Nick. I really needed to take a brake," she told him as she kept her eyes on him. Studying him.

"Hey don't mention it. I just wish that I had someone who would have done the same thing when I started this," he replied, "Kev did the same thing to me."

"So what are you doing tonight?" Bridget asked. Nick grinned at her.

"Why are you asking me out?"

"Only if you're going to say yes."

"What if the answer's no?" Nick questioned.

"Then I'd say that I just want the chance to get to know you since I'm going to be spending the next couple of months with you. May as well be friends," she replied.

"I'll see you tonight," Nick answered, causing Bridget to smile.

"Okay see you," she told him as he walked out of the the room.

"Who are you going to see tonight?" Kevin asked, although he had a pretty good idea. "Bridget," Nick answered reluctantly, because he knew that Kevin was going to give him some kind of lecture about why he shouldn't go out with her because they're working together.

"I don't think that's such a great idea."

"You never think anything I do is a good idea," Nick snapped.

"Nick, we're going to have to work with her for the next few months," Kevin explained as Nick rolled his eyes, he knew this was coming. "This is only going to make things uncomfortable."

"Why don't you just stay out of my business Kevin?"

"I'm just trying to make things as pleasant as possible for these ladies and I don't think you're asking Briget out is going to make the other girls too happy."

"Well than you'll be glad to know that Bridget asked me out, I merely accepted the invitation," Nick answered as he started to walk down the hall.

"You could have said no," Kevin replied, causing Nick to stop. He smiled to himself, but didn't turn to face Kevin.

"Why should I deprive the lady of what she wants," Nick commented and then continued to walk. Kevin shook his head in fustration. There wasn't anything that he could say to make Nick stay at the hotel, alone. Things between them lately had been becoming more and more tense. Nick was really going to mess things up for this group. He knew what Nick was like. This was only going to be a one night thing. All of the girls he brought back to the hotel were like that. Kevin walked into the room where Bridget was sitting.

"Bridget I need to talk to you about something," Kevin stated as he sat down on the couch next to her. She looked over at him. Aware of what he wanted to talk about. There was nothing else that he would have to talk to her about right now.

"I'm still going to go out with Nick tonight," she said as she turned her attention back to the tv. Nick was right, Kevin and Faith would have been great for each other.

"You can do what you want to, but I think that there's something that you should know."

"And what's that?" she questioned, still not looking towards Kevin.

"Nick really isn't the type of guy that wants to be in a relationship. All the girls he's with, he's just with them because he's either about to have sex with them or just did," Kevin explained.

"What made you think that I was looking for a relationship?" Bridget asked as she shut off the tv and stared directly at Kevin. He looked back at her. Not knowing what he should say.

"What?"

"Look, I'm young. I'm just looking to have a little fun. That's all. I don't need to be in a relationship," she further explained.

"Okay," Kevin replied, "I just thought that I would give you a heads up. I didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"No one will," she told him, "but thanks for lookin out for me." He nodded and left the room. Shock still flowing through him. He hadn't expected Bridget to be the player that she was coming off to be. Maybe it was just an act so that he wouldn't see how upset that so was so that she could bust Nick tonight without any problems or anyone knowing. That had to be it because there was no way that a girl as young as her would be involved in that sort of thing.