- Text Size +
Chapter 5

"Bridget," Jacky called as she saw her friend walk into the ladies room.

"Yeah?" she replied as Jacky walked into the bathroom behind her.

"You really need to talk to Nick," Jacky urged and Bridget laughed as she walked into one of the stalls.

"He's had his fun," she replied, "just like all of the other guys. He probably just wants more. They all do."

"It's not like that Bridget and you know it," Jacky stated as Bridget imerged from the stall and headed towards a sink. "He said he felt something. He just came up to me for advice. None of the other guys have ever done that. There's something different with him."

"Are you trying to convince me to see him again?" she asked as she turned away from the sink and grabbed a towel. "Because it's not going to work. Last night was just sex. That's it. He knows that as well as I do."

"Okay fine," Jacky stated, "but you should talk to him anyway. To at least let him know that you're not interested because he's really into you."

"Alright, if it makes you happy," she replied as she started to head out of the bathroom.

"And do it before the show!" Jacky called.

"You're full of demands today little one, aren't you?" Bridget asked as she turned to face Jacky. Jacky stared back at her.

"I just don't want this to get in the way of either of our performances. So just take care of what you have to do alright?"

"Do I ever let you down?" Bridget replied as she walked out of the bathroom. Jacky sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't really know what else to do. The show didn't start for another couple of hours. She just hoped that Bridget was serious and was really going to talk to Nick. Jacky wondered out of the bathroom. Not really aware of her surroundings.

"Hey Jacky are you alright?" Howie asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just have some things on my mind," she explained.

"Oh, you nervous about tonight?" he asked.

"Beyond belief," she stated, "we've never been in front of a crowd like that before. Now I know why Faith wanted us to work so hard. It would be embarssing if we messed up."

"Yeah but when you get up there, it's like a rush. You won't be nervous for long, I promise. To tell you the truth, it's going to go by really fast. Like a flash," he explained.

"That's when you know that the crowd likes you. I'm sure it's much different if you're up there and no one knows who the hell you are or if you're even any good."

"With our fans, they probably already know a lot about you guys and your music. I wouldn't worry about it," Howie told her.

"Okay," she answered.

"So now are you going to tell me what's really bothering you?"

"That is what was bothering me," she defended.

"Come on, you have something on your mind. You can talk to me. I'm only here to be your friend. Are you sure you don't want to talk?"

"Thanks for the offer Howie, but I'm okay, really."

"Alright, but remember, if you ever need to talk, come find me."

"I sure will," she replied as she started to walk away from him. She didn't want to explain to Howie about what was going on between Bridget and Nick. Too many people knew already.
~*~
"Brian, she told me to forget about it," Nick explained to his best friend as they walked down the halls, to no place particular.

"Why would Jacky tell you that?" Brian questioned.

"I don't know, but she said that Bridget isn't really the type to get involved in relationships."

"No offence buddy, but neither are you," he pointed out.

"Alright fine, I'll admit it. I haven't been good about keeping a girl but I think this time it could be different. I just wish she would give me a chance."

"Nick, Jacky knows Bridget better than the both of us. She knows what she's like. Maybe you should back off for a little while," Brian suggested, "that might be better."

"I'm not going to give up Brian. I felt something last night and I'm not going to ignore it, not at least until I know what it is."

"If she's not going to give in then you're not going to find out anyway. You'll just be running around trying to convince her to do something that she's not going to do."

"So what am I supposed to do? Ignore her through the whole tour?"

"No, I think you should talk to her at some point but don't try to get her to go out with you. You're my friend Nick and that's why I'm saying this to you: you're going to look desperate if you follow her around all the time trying to talk her into going out with you."

"I don't care how I look, I just want a fuckin' chance," he explained.

"Can I talk to you Nick?" Bridget asked as she stepped out of no where and stopped Nick.

"Yeah, sure," Nick replied, stunned.

"Come with me," she said as Nick walked towards her. Taking one last glance at Brian, he followed Bridget back to her dressing room. "Nick we need to talk."

"Bridget, you have..."

"Let me talk Nick. Jacky came to me today and told me that you were asking about how to get with me. Nick I told you last night that what happened was nothing. It was sex. Nothing more. So please, just leave me alone," she told him.

"That's what I thought at first too. We both had that on our minds but after it happened, something came over me that I've never felt before.."

"Maybe you just need to find more girls who know what they're doing. You'll probably feel that more often," she interupted.

"Bridget, that's not what it is."

"Come on Nick," Bridget said as she came closer to Nick and put her mouth by his ear and ran her fingers down his chest, "yeah last night was fun, but I'm a one night only type of girl."

"Make it two nights," Nick said, hoping that he could do something to make Bridget change her mind. She smiled as she ran her tounge over his ear.

"I'll make an acception for you because last night was pretty damn good, but after tonight, baby that's it," she told him and then walked away. Nick stared in the direction that Bridget dissappeared into. He was going to have to find a way to get Bridget to see that he was serious.