- Text Size +
Chapter 6

Bridget walked down the hallway of the hotel. She hardly ever spent more than one night with a guy. Something about Nick drew her back. It was probably all the experience that he had. More often than not, Bridget ended up with guys that didn't know what they were doing. It was a nice change for her. That's also what Nick must have thought about her. After all, the majority of the girls that he was sleeping with must have been young groupies who had no idea about what went where. Bridget knocked on the door and smiled when Nick answered without a shirt.

"Come on in," he told her as she looked at him and walked into the room. He took a silent breath and hoped that all his planning wouldn't be for nothing. His eyes scanned over the room quickly one last time. Candles lit the room and rose petals were scattered all around the room with the majority of them on the bed. He smiled to himself, satisfied with what he had done.

"What's with all the flowers?" Bridget asked as the sent filled her sences. She couldn't believe that Nick had done all of this for her. No man had ever done anything like this for her.

"I thought it would make the night much better," he whispered as he walked up behind her, put his hands on her waist and gentally started to kiss her neck. A soft moan escaped her lips as he continued to kiss her neck. He smiled to himself. Everything was going as he hoped it would. Bridget would see just how serious he was about wanting to pursue something with her.

The next morning, Nick woke up and looked around the room. Rose petals were still scattered all around and there was no sign of Bridget. Last night she had fallen asleep in his arms. He was almost positive that was a good sign. Nick took everything so slow last night. He could tell that she wasn't used to that because she wasn't really sure what to do. She did end up enjoying it though, he could tell. Now she was gone again. He let out a long breath and then heard a knock at the door.

"What!?" he yelled. He didn't want to talk to any one right now. He just wanted to think and replay last nights events in his mind again. He'd made love to her, it wasn't just plain sex like they were both used to. It was something more. Still she choise to ignore it.

"Nick you'd better hurry up and get out here before Kevin comes and kicks your ass," Brian warned through the door.

"I just want to stay in bed, I don't feel like doing anything," he replied as he pulled the sheet closer to his naked body. They were doing an interview at the local radio station, he didn't need to be there for that.

"Buddy what's wrong?" Brian asked as he stepped inside Nicks room. "Oh."

"She left again Brian. This time she did it after I was asleep," Nick mumbled as he buried his head deeper into the pillow. "I tried so hard last night to show her that I care. What did I do wrong?"

"Nick, I doubt you did anything wrong. You just did it to the wrong woman," he explained, "I'll tell Kevin that I said that you can stay here. You need to relax for a little while."

"I just don't understand Brian. I did everything that I could think of to make her realize that I'm serious about what I said. I've never done anything like that before, for a girl," Nick said mindlessly as Brian looked at him.

"Yeah Nick, I know," Brian replied.

"What am I supposed to do?" Nick asked hopelessly.

"I don't know what to tell you, Nick. I'm not going to lie to you. Usually I would tell you to go after this girl but you already did...," Brian stated as he looked around the room, "I'd tell you to leave her alone but I know that's not going to help either. So Nick, sorry to say but this one's up to you. You have to decide what's best."

"I wanna give this a shot...."

"I know that Nick, but Bridget isn't going to let that happen. So what are you going to do? Pursue Bridget, even though you know that she's never going to return your interest or just forget about her for now. Maybe she needs to grow up a little bit."

"How long would I have to wait?"

"I don't know, until she's ready I guess."

"That could take years."

"Yeah, I know," Brian replied seriously.

"I can't wait years Brian. I want to be with her now. What if I don't want to be with her in a few years? What if something happens?"

"Then it wasn't meant to be," he answered without hesitation.

"You have to look at things in a certain way. If something is meant to happen, then it will. I believe that's what got us to where we are today and if you want something to happen with Bridget and it was meant to happen, then it will. Just don't go around beating yourself up over something that you had no control."

"Maybe if I had done something different..."

"No, no, no. There you go already. Nick you didn't do a damn thing wrong, shit. I don't know how to tell you that you did everything right. It's just her. The problem is with Bridget, not with you," Brian snapped. Nick looked up at Brian, his eyes showing confussion. "Nick, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off on you like that."

"No, it's okay Brian. It is, really," Nick assured him, "I think I needed that." Brian laughed. At least him going insane in Nick hadn't been a completely bad thing. Something may actually come out of it. I should do this more often, Brian thought to himself.

"So are you going to come with us or do you want to stay here?" Brian asked.

"I think I should stay here. I need to put myself back together," Nick replied. Brian forced a small smile as he looked down at his best friend.

"Alright, I'll see you later then alright?" Brian answered as he walked out of Nick's room. Leaving him with his thoughts. Nick sighed as he turned over to stare at the ceiling. He had no idea what he was going to do. Bridget was never going to let him into her heart, assuming that she even had one. Everything was just a game to her, he had learned that much already. She was never going to let him win, no matter what he said. Nick grinned to himself as an idea formed. He knew what to do to get her attention.