- Text Size +
Chapter 9

"Tell me something that I didn't know," Jacky replied as she looked at her friend.

"I'm scared and I don't know what to do," Bridget told her.

"Go and talk to Nick. That's the best thing for you to do."

"Nick was just at my room. He told me about kissing you and it was to make me jealious, I didn't tell him but it did. It made me real jealious. I kinda told him that I was consdering being with him until he kissed you and then he promised me that he was telling the truth and then he kissed me. You don't know how bad I wanted to kiss him back but I didn't," Bridget spilled as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Why didn't you?"

"Because he thinks that I'm still mad at him for it. I called him a dog... he didn't seem to be bothered by it but, god Jacky what have I gotten myself into?"

"It's called love Bridget," Jacky replied as she pulled her best friend over to the bed and sat her down. "It's a great thing to have, only if you would let it in."

"I did and you see what it did to me!"

"No, you didn't let it in because you would be happy and with Nick."

"What am I supposed to do, Jacky?" Bridget asked.

"Go and talk to Nick. You need to work things out with him. Once you get all of this out, you'll feel a lot better, okay?"
"I'll talk to him in the morning, I don't want to look despirate."

"No, you're going to go talk to him right now while your emotions are still fresh. Now go get your ass over there," Jacky demanded.

"Fine," Bridget answered as she walked towards Jackys door, "thank you."

"No problem." Bridget forced a small smile and dissappeared into the hallway. She took a deep breath as she walked towards Nicks room. Slowly, she lifted her hand and knocked at the door. Nick opened the door and Bridget paused.

"Bridget," he said casually. Without thinking, Bridget reached up, cupped his face in her hands and kissed him roughly. He pulled back a moment later, surprised by her actions. "That was the last thing that I expected you to do," he answered with a slight tint of humor in his voice.

"I hate the power you have over me Nick," she answered honestly, "I hate the fact that... that I love you. I hate that whatever I do, I can't seem to tear my thoughts or my heart away from you. I hate that whatever you want me to do, I would probably do it without even thinking. I hate that you just came out of no where and changed everything. But I don't hate you, I love you."

"Now was that so hard?" Nick asked.

"Actually it was," she replied, brushing away the few stray tears that had rolled down her cheeks. Nick smiled at her. "I've never done that before."

"Come inside," Nick said. Bridget nodded and walked into his room. "What finally made you crack? I didn't think that you ever would."

"Everything. Jacky kept telling me to do what was in my heart and to be with you and when I saw you two, I don't know, I felt something that I never did before and it scared the shit out of me. I wasn't supposed to feel anything for you. What we had was just supposed to be sex. Then you just wouldn't leave me alone. You were always there telling me how you felt and it just got harder and harder to keep everything inside. If you had walked away from me, I never would have admitted it and I would have walked around regretting that for the rest of my life."

"I knew being a pest would pay off some day," Nick joked as he placed a soft kiss on top of Bridget's head. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him.

"You're crazy," she mumbled.

"Yeah, and that's why you love me."

"So what happens now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is there an us now?" she asked.

"Yeah, I would think so."

"Does that mean we tell everyone?"

"We don't have too," he answered, "if we wanted, we could only tell our family and friends. Keep everything private."
"That's what I was hoping you were going to say," Bridget confessed.

"Those fans may look all nice and innocent, but if they find out we're together, they'll tear you apart," Nick joked.

"I think I can take them," she replied with a laugh.

"Yeah, so do I."

Bridget yawned as she awoke to find herself in Nick's room. So it wasn't a dream, she thought to herself, thank god. She wasn't sure if that was only a dream, if she would be able to handle going through it again. All the emotions were so real and hard to control. It wasn't something that she wanted to relive. Bridget scanned the room for a sign of Nick. He hadn't been next to her when she woke up. Streaching, Bridget stood from the bed and saw a piece of paper on the table beside her. 'Brige, had some things to do with the guys, be back later, Nick.' She smiled to herself as she put the note down and walked into the hallway.

"I'm assuming that things went well," Jacky said as she saw Bridget leave Nicks room.

"What would make you say that?" Bridget asked.

"The fact that you're coming out of Nicks room and he left three hours ago," Jacky replied with a smile on her face, "so are you going to tell me what happened or am I going to have to beat it out of you?" Bridget laughed.

"It was okay. I had no idea what I was doing or anything but for my first time, I think I did a pretty good job," Bridget explained.

"Are you guys official now?"

"Yeah, we are," she answered with a satisfied smile on her face. "I can hardly believe it, but yeah, there's an us."

"I'm happy for you Brig, I really am. You desirve to have a good man by your side, and it's about time that you realized that for yourself," Jacky told her.

"Honestly, I'm still really scared," Bridget confessed. "I don't know what's going to happen so I can't prepare for it."

"There's nothing to worry about. Nick cares about you and that's all you're going to need to make it through any type of problem you guys may have. Besides, if you ever need to talk to anyone, Faith and I are right here for you. We love you," Jacky reminded.

"Thanks, that really does mean a lot to me. Come on, hug," Bridget answered as she grabbed her friend into a tight embrace. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You would probably have gone out every night and picked up guys so that you wouldn't have to think about Nick, but you and I both know that he would have been on your mind the entire time."

"Yeah, that sounds about right."

"You amaze me sometimes Bridget, you know that right? I mean Here's Nick, a great man that loves you, and here you are running away from him like he was some sort of monster. Do you know how many women want to be you right now? And I don't mean that because it's Nick that you're with but because you found someone who was actually worth something. But I knew from the beginning that you would do the right thing."

"What made you sure about that?"

"Call it a gut instinct. There was something there that never was before. Shit Brige, I've seen tons of guys walking out of your room but you never gave it a second thought and then here comes Nick, and I thought that he was just going to be like all of the others and then I saw the way you looked at him and I knew."

"That's why you're my best friend," Bridget replied, "come here I want to show you something."

"What are you up to?" Jacky asked as Bridget grabbed her arm and pulled her towards her room. Jacky walked inside quietly and shut the door behind her. "Now what is it that you wanted to show me?"

"Just how right you really were," Bridget answered with a smile on her face as she walked over to the nightstand and pulled out the picture of Nick that she had brought the night before. "I had someone pick it up for me."

"You're really something else, you know that don't you?" Jacky stated as she stared at the picture of Nick.

"The funny thing was, I was looking at the picture when Nick came to my door. It was like some sort of sign or something."

"A sign? Damn, you really do have something for him," Jacky joked.