- Text Size +
Chapter 2

It was around six the next night when the boys wrapped up another recording session. They all sat around cleaning up the last two tracks they had made then relaxed and talked for a while till Howie excused himself. Making his way down a short hallway he found a little room next the bathroom and went in. Locking the door behind him to secure some kind of privacy he sled to the floor sighing as he reached into his pocket to find his cell phone. Opening it, he dialed the number all to familiar to him but received only the answering machine. His happiness fell a bit but was thankful that he would at least hear Jamie's voice on the message.

"Hey if your looking for a Howie or perhaps a Jamie, which in my opinion I don't know why you'd want to talk to her." Howie's voice joked and Jamie could be heard in the background. "But for any chance you are..."

"Where not home at the moment,"Came her voice,"that or we don't want to be bothered. You see, Howard and I are engaging in baby making so call back in about....eight to nine hours." They laughed and Howie couldn't help but chuckle. "Till then..." A short beep filled his ear as he laughed.

"We ran out of tape." He laughed upon the message. "This is me love, we've just finished up two tracks and I'd thought I'd give you a call to see how everything's going at home. I miss you so much Jamie you have no ideal." He whispered, waiting a moment before speaking again. "I can't wait to be with you three again, give the boys my love...talk to you soon, bye." He hung up the phone and placed it back into his pocket when he heard a light tap at the door he made his way upon his feet.

"Yo D, you in there?" Alex's voice could be heard.

"Yeah." Howie answered softly and opened the door. "Just checking up on Jamie and the boys." He confessed, "I really miss them J."

"Yeah, I miss mine to." Alex sighed thinking of his own family waiting for him at home. "Seems like time is really going slow huh? Especially when you will it to speed up a bit." Howie nodded in agreement as they made their way to find the others all ready to go.

"We were beginning to think we lost you guys." Brian's smile had tired written all over it. "Kevin was about to send out the search party." They laughed and got into the waiting van heading back to the hotel.

"I can't wait till this is over." Nick laid his head on the window closing his eyes to get some sort of rest.

"Wait till this is over or we're over?" Kevin looked at his younger band mate who he had watched grown the last few years.

"You know what I mean Kev." Nick whispered and fell into a light sleep but was awakened as they approached the hotel. "Thank god." He muttered and pulled his cap further over his eyes as his bodyguard helped him safely into the building as the others did with theirs. When Howie made it to his room he took a quick shower and laid across his bed exhausted. Don't think for one minute that they didn't love what they do but there comes a time in everyone's life where old dreams just don't cut it anymore and get in the way of new ones in your life.

"It's far past time to let this go..." He whispered to the room and his eyes jerked open as a voice replied to him.

"You can say that again." Alex walked further into the room closing the door, explaining it was unlocked and sat in the chair across from Howie's bed. After a while of silence Howie noticed the cell phone stuck to Alex's hand.

"Waiting?"

"You to?" He sighed and they both laughed. "Calls every night just to check in with each other..."

"Same here." A small smile claimed his face. "You know the funny thing J? Being who we are it always seemed so hard to find someone who would look at us for us and not as some god."

"Your telling me D, never thought I'd find someone like Lynn and Jamie is wonderful to."

"We're all getting older, wiser and having kids..."

"Except Nick..." Alex joked. "I'm sorry but in till that boy can learn to except the fact that Brian can beat him at video games he has problems." The two laughed thinking of their younger brother.

"True." Howie rubbed his eyes smirking. "The thought of him multiplying is more then I can handle."

"That's exactly what the world needs, more blonde haired, blue eyed heartbreakers..."

"If I recall you've broken some hearts to J..."

"...and gotten mine tossed a few times...but that's all in the past now. What Lynn and I have is far more then I've ever asked god for and to top things off he blessed us with a wonderful daughter." Alex smiled thinking of Anna.

"I feel the same way, I don't know if I could ever put into words how much Jamie and the boys mean to me."

"Twins..." Alex gasped. "The thought of you having twin boys still escapes me...your really lucky."

"You'll have boys Alex, just give it time." Howie assured him and laughed as Alex told him that Anna wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend in till after she got married. "That defeats the whole purpose though."

"I know." Alex smiled happy with his fool proof plan. "Saves me the headaches and buying the shot gun I know I'll need for those hormone driven teen boys." Howie laughed at his friend.

"You have a while to worry about that J, Anna's only four."

"All the more reason to start now." Howie shook his head in amusement. Alex began to say something else but was interrupted as his phone rang, he then excused himself and went back to his room. A few minutes later Howie found himself listing to the sound of his boys breathing as Jamie explained they had a tough day and the boys where tuckered out.

"Mother was over taking pictures today and fawning over us." Jamie laughed as she tucked Chris and Sam into bed. "I'll send them to you once we get them back, your going to love them daddy."

"I'm sure I will." He played with the bed covers he found himself under. "How long did she stay? I hope she didn't worry you to much."

"No, I love your mother Howie you know that." Jamie stated. "Between your mom and mine I don't know who's nutter over our boys." She laughed, lightly placing a kiss upon both babies warm cheeks and Sam wiggled a bit.

"A little longer babe...." He answered without having to hear the question. "I wish you guys could come out here."

"Me to but the doctor said it would be best if we don't expose them right now, in till they get their shots."

"Your right, don't want them catching god knows what." Howie agreed with their safely. "The last thing I want is you or the boys getting hurt, I'd rather you stay where I know your ok." A few tears escaped Jamie's eyes as she listen to her husband's voice. Every night when she called she would close her eyes and picture him being right in front of her...close enough to touch...close enough to love in ways no other man could dare love her.

"When you get home I'm going to love you silly."

"That sounds great, then we can work on baby number three..." The two laughed, thinking of all the things they would share as soon as he came back home. "I love you."

"I love you to babe."

"For some reason it doesn't feel like I tell you that enough." Jamie laughed at his sweetness.

"How can that be so when you tell me that everyday and you tell the boys, how can that not be enough?"

"It just doesn't so I'll have to tell you twice a day." He laughed with her. This was the part of his day he longed for, the part where he was stripped of being a Backstreet boy and was reduced into being nothing more but Howard. One of the many reason's he knew Jamie was the one was because of her love for him before they we're together. They had been close friends for a while and she helped set him on dates which never seemed to work for they where all missing something that Howie most desperately needed...her. He realized that the woman he had been waiting for wasn't real, she wasn't perfect as he dreamed her to be...she was real...she was Jamie and that was more then he had hoped for in the first place. "I thank god for you guys everyday, without you I'd be lost."

"This is hard." Jamie sighed.

"I know, but it's the last time babe then I'm all yours." He comforted her. "I'm going to get going, I'm dead tired from recording today."

"Ok, get some rest and take care ok?"

"Ok hun and give the boys my love."

"Will do, I love you..."

"I love you to." After listing to her hang up the phone Howie laid back onto his bed and closed his eyes willing some sort of sleep to calm him and in about an hour it did. Within his dreams where his family and him getting back to them safe and sound. It may have been the end of the Backstreet boys but believe me when I say that every road must come to an end, every door must close but with it a new is born.