- Text Size +
“Rebirth”

A Moment to Reflect

“Somehow I know that we can’t wake again from this dream. It's not real, but it's ours. Maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away…We'll be lost before the dawn.” - Evanescence, “Before The Dawn”

Sometimes when life throws you at a crossroad, you have no idea which way to go. How the hell do you choose anyway? At that moment, everything seemed lost. The biggest human colony was ravaged, destroyed till nothing was left. How would any of us know if the others were the same? Why take that risk? We were trying to escape the enemy, not follow it.

I took this moment to pause from writing our tale, to set this manuscript aside and just stare up at the stars. When trying to escape a race of beings trying to destroy you, you don’t notice them much. However when you are writing the story that pains you from deep within, you tend to notice them again. I see a falling star streak across the sky and I think that’s what we were. A race falling across the sky in it’s last moments. Beautiful, and trying its best to still leave its mark, and perhaps…survive?

Maybe I am over thinking this. I might be rambling and you could just skip this page and continue reading about our journey. Though some might not, who knows, someone might even be interested in my thoughts. Who the hell knows anymore.

Let me just set our emotional place. The ten of us, and now twelve with our two new passengers D and his little sister Erica; we’re in a ship, unsure of where to go. Brian had come back with tales of yet another race hostile against us. I suppose its karma for the human race, thinking it is superior to all so many centuries. Also destroying anything different out of harmless fear. We as a whole, did earn it. It wasn’t fair though dammit. We could either let fate take over or we could fight against it. Never knowing that was fate’s plan to begin with.

Needless to say, these fallen stars chose to struggle.