- Text Size +
Rebirth

**~Chapter three: Unfaltering Altercations

-Time: 2150 Area: Secret location, Outer Space

Her light chocolate eyes scroll down the list of refuges assigned on the list. The smooth papyrus was tacked up against the cushioned wall of her room. Listed there was her name: Jynx Jamison, along with a few other lucky survivors that had managed to escape from their death. Sighing, she paces her room provided to her from the military space force. She didn’t want to be on this ship, she longed for the softness of her own bed and the sweet smells of home cook meals. But for Jynx, that was left in her past memory, one that can be revisited at any moment of time. Perhaps she was meant to stay alive for some reason. Luck could have been on her side for the reason she was the only survivor in her household. The eldest child in her family at 25 years of age, she was the pride in her parents eyes. The etched memories of her parents remained frozen in the photograph in her hands as she wipes away a fallen tear that streaked the photo of her with her parents at more happier times. She sniffs and wipes away a tear, settling down on the small cushioned bed, her eyes clouded in distraught pain of the past memories.


At the sliding of the metal door opening, she gazes over to see one of her friends, another one of the survivors from the disaster that claimed Earth. “Jersey, back so soon I see.” Jynx whispers out, watching the flaxen hair woman step into the room.

“Yeah.” She murmurs out setting down across her in her own bed. “Thought you needed a roommate so I’m gonna stay here if you don’t mind.” She smiles sadly, her azure orbs twinkling in glee.

“Thanks. I can always use the company.”

“Yeah.” Jersey whispers out, a small hint of smile appearing across her ivory cheeks.

“Heh…alright…who is he and what’s his name?” Jynx grins, happy for the distraction of the war being implemented.

“Why do you assume I met a guy?” Jersey fails in hiding her smile as she sits up in the flowered covered bed beaming.

“Because it’s obvious that’s why. So spill it out girl.” Jynx smiles, her eyes glittering in mischievous as she sits up in her own bed gazing at her friend.

Jersey faintly blushing, scrolls her light eyes down on the flowered covered bed sheet. “Well I mean I haven’t talk to the guy…I’ve only seen him when he came and I was in my disguise as a guy named Jeremy. I can’t tell what he would think of me...but he’s…” Jersey sighs happily, “Amazing on the eyes. Bright blue eyes that can shine a room and blonde hair cut real short in a messy spike look. Jynx if you could see him you’d agreed he’s great. He’s new from what I can tell. Just drafted into the military but he seems mysterious.”

“Just be careful. If he’s anything like the other guys in here, he might just be cold hearted to a lot of the things around him. This war kinda freezes people’s emotions up for a while. But I’m sure when the time is right, you can talk to him. Just wait till he warms up to this place. I know it took me some time to adjust here.” Jynx warned her, gazing at her friend seriously before breaking into a soft laugh. “Look at you all in a loop over that guy. He’s gotta be that good looking that you’re left speechless.” She gently teases her friend who laughs along with her.

“Yeah, he is. You gotta find out more for me! I mean I bet he’s single and stuff!”

Jersey! He must have gone through the lost of his family or loved ones and you want to get the guy?” She asks in shock.

“Noo...its not like that...Ok well not for now, just well maybe you can help me to get to know him more, that’s all. I’m not asking you to set up a date with him for me. Just this favor that you can get to the guy and find out some stuff from him.”

“But can’t you do that? It would be easier since you’re in disguise as a guy.”

“But Jynx you know guys aren’t open about their emotions to another guy unless they like know them for a while. But I bet he’ll feel more willing to talk to someone well…less intimating…like a girl?” Jersey grins.

Sighing, Jynx drops her head shaking it, “The things I do for you. Fine just remember you own me big time for this. Cause if he’s a psycho I’m gonna make sure he’s all yours then.”

“Thanks for the encouraging words.” Jersey smiles teasingly.

“No problem girl.”

“So yeah you got some work to do. I say you should start now. Go hurry, hurry. I need to know that hottie.” Jersey bubbles out, her bright eyes twinkling in delight.

Smiling, Jynx nods, sighing. “Fine…but I want something in return.”

“Sure, what is that?”

“When I think of it. I’ll let you know girl.” Jynx smiles, stepping out of the room, a small smile framing her oval face. ‘Seems I’m on mission for cupid.’ She thinks and heads off to investigate the premises.
~*~

He grunts, yanking on the steering wheel, pulling out a gun and shooting it at the helpless targets. Smiling, he laughs as he scored a point in the game, blasting a head off an alien that was wrecking an animated village. “That’s for trying to go after us earthlings.” He laughs breaking into a small dance in the game room of the shielded military space building. Side stepping to the left he holds the plastic orange play gun at the arcade screen as he whistles happily. Shooting at the screen of the video game A.J. toots out a song, shooting his initials onto the large video game screen panning down the side of the room vertically down the wall. His raises his tan arms in the air in victory of the game while slowly backing away and bumping into something or rather someone.

Quickly turning around, he looks down to see a rather petite yet appealing woman that churned his heart at the sight of her. Her ivory complexion seemed to glow in the faint white florescent light as her dark emerald eyes scan over him.

A.J. gazes at her feeling a small tug of his lips framing into a smile as he captures her in his vision. “Well hello there. I’ve never seen you around here before. So what can I do for you?” He smiles, his caramel complexion streaked with various art works and tattoos down his arms. His dark chocolate eyes soften at the sight of the golden hair angel before him, it was as if he was placed under a trance and this woman was the only thing he could focus on.

Smiling gently, she offers her hand for a shake from him as she whispers out: “Hi, I’m Skyla.” Her emerald eyes glazing over him in awe, watching his lithe body.

“Are you going to fight in the war?” A.J. asks, eyeing her.

“No, just boarded the refugee ship since my place was burned down. I lost everything I own. I have no clue or connection to what happened to my family, but I think…”She whispers out sadly, “That they could have been attacked as well.”

A.J. frowns, still holding her hand and gently releases it wishing he could hold her hand for just a minute longer. “I’m sorry. I hope they’re ok. Its been tough on all of us. I joined cause I want to kill some aliens.” Suddenly the ship jerks causing A.J. to stumble into Skyla arms softly.

Skyla faintly blushes, gazing at him: “You ok there? Took a little trip I see.”

“Yeah, well that was smooth of me. I wanted to show you my new dance step, did you like?” A.J. beams brightly, causing a small giggle to escape from Skyla’s lips.

“Yes, it was well…hehe unique.” Skyla whispers out, brushing back of lock of her hair, her eyes locked into his.

“So yeah…maybe you should head back to the room, we’re about to land on Pleatus and its gonna get all shaking as we land.” A.J. smiles at her.

Skyla grins, clearing her throat. “Oh yeah…sure…ummm but I kinda lost my way down here, I was looking for the bathroom.”

A.J. chuckles, “Yeah it’s a little confusing these hallways, here lemme show ya where to go.”

Skyla nods, entranced by the man as she follows him out of the room.
~*~

“Calling space landing one. This is Richardson from ship Intrepid 124. Please respond back.” The pilot whispers out, glancing around the captain compartment.

“Nothing?” Howie glances at him.

“I’ve tried five times and all I got was static. Do you even think they’re there or want to bother with us at all?” The pilot sighs, placing the small microphone down on the metal table.

“Kevin, we have no choice. It’s them or no one. Everyone else is gone. You saw what happened back at Earth. We’re the only ones left on this ship from there. The survivors that are here with us need our help. I’m not gonna stand by and let those large fairy like Mystyrians win. I can’t allow for that. We have the right to live too and the survivors are counting on us.”

Kevin sighs heavily, his dark emerald eyes glance out of the ship window as he nervously runs a hand down his raven hair. “You’re right. But if Pleatus don’t help us we’re on our own.”

“Then so be it. But I’m not gonna die without a fight.” Howie stiffens up, gulping and hoping that when they land on the planet that they are not alone to fight off the enemy at large.