- Text Size +
“Watch the stars as they fall from the sky
I held a fallen star and it wept for me, dying
I feel the fallen stars encircle me now, as they cry.” –AFI “Death Of A Season”

~Chapter Seven A Silent Voice

Smoke filtered the air around him as he coughs swatting a hand over his face. Trying to clear the air out of smoke, Howie stumbles, standing around seeing the faces of the survivors on board.

“Is everyone ok?”

Some of the people grunted, nodding, a look of displeased cross over some of their expressions.

“Well because I need everyone here to remain on this ship for the time being. I’m going to check the ship and Kevin you look on the tracker screen and see if the ship needs any vital repairs.” Howie commanded, immediately reaching for an arsenal tucking it away in his holster.

“Are you out of your mind Dorough?! You going out there without the necessary instruments.” Kevin grunts out, frowning, adjusting his seat up.

“You have a better idea? Because at this moment, this planet can have all we need for survival and maybe you forgot we’re not the only ones here on this ship. We got a good handful of people here that depend on us for their life. So I’m going out there and see if I can get something to help people on this ship.” Howie straps on a laser gun: snapping on the light weigh gray suit as he makes his way to the exit door. “Unlock the door.”

Kevin frowns, pushing the eject button: “This is a mistake Dorough. You don’t know what’s out there and I wouldn’t risk it.”

“Well someone has to. Stay on this ship. And no matter what happens, I want you to seek safety if something goes wrong. Got that?” Howie slides on white thin gloves, grabbing his gun, quickly stepping off the ship.

“Damn idiot gonna get us all killed.” Kevin frowns, staring at the tracer screen before him. “Dorough can you hear me?” He speaks into the small intercom connected to a tiny microphone attached to the general’s suit.

“Loud and clear.” Howie responds, his eyes scanning the barren dirt land around him frowning. “Hey Richardson, this place looks dead. There’s nothing here.”

“How can that be? Dammit, Pleatus was our only hope.” Kevin frowns scanning a map on the large overhead screen.

“I don’t see any buildings or any kind of life here. It looks like it was sucked dry.” Howie exhales, a frown crossing his lips.

“Damn…Howie I don’t know about this place. It doesn’t look right. Maybe you should get back on. Forget it we’ll go and start a search in a few hours when the planet hits day.” Kevin frowns, sliding his seat back, his fingers tapping on the metal counter anxiously.

“I know. You’re probably right, but I need to at least see what this place looks like.”

“Forget it. It’s not worth your life. Just get back on General. Heroes aren’t born in a day.” Kevin muses, his eyes looked on the black tracer screen showing green circles indicting the formation of the land and a red dot blinking getting closer to some target.

“Yeah yeah relax.” Howie scans around the area, his eyes falling on something causing a storm of dust to fill the sky.

Kevin gasps, getting on the intercom again: “Dorough get your ass in here! There’s something coming at our direction!”

“I can see that…” He gulps, starting to make his way back to the ship when he blinks, tripping over a solid metal piece from their ruined first ship. Hitting the dirt ground hard, his knees buckle as he reaches for his gun.

“GET UP!! What are you doing?!” Kevin barks into the intercom.

“Shut up! I hear you! I twisted my ankle falling down. I can’t get up unless I can somehow sprint back on the ship.”

Kevin gulp, looking over at the survivors: “I’m going to get our General back. Everyone don’t panic and stay put. We’ll be right back.” And with that, Kevin hustles off the ship starting to run over to the fallen General. He looks over in time to see out of the dust a woman walking towards them alone.

Howie blinks as the beautiful woman covered in a thin silk scarf fluttering around her neck, her golden tresses flutter in the brisk wind over her ivory skin. Her hazel eyes scroll over him extending her hand out to him.

“Over here.” She breaths out, her smooth silk like hands capture his pulling him to her. Smiling, she curves her red lips to him as she opens her mouth, the skin beginning to crinkle and push back as it falls off the body. Beneath the gentle flesh was a black winged Mystertain, its fanged teeth and large eyes take him in. The alien steps out of the crumpled heap skin, roaring out, extending its sticky wings caused from being closed in the wet flesh.

Howie’s mouth drops open in horror as he struggles to get away from the Mysterian that revealed itself to him.

With shaking hands, Kevin shoots a few times at the creature, hitting it a few times as it squeals grabbing Howie by his neck and flies off taking the man away.

Kevin gasps, watching his leader being taken away as he was left alone with the survivors on the ship. “NOO!” He throws his gun at the ship frowning, leaning against the metal wing. “I’ll find you man. I’ll get you back.” And with that, he slides to the ground, watching the dark sky around him that held so many distant surprises.
~*~

The broken buildings revealed no life: holes and complete destruction littered the entire inner city as Jynx’s tied hands long to be stretched and released from its hold. It seems these new creatures were different. Jynx believed it was the people themselves that have evolved from their human species to something more.

If they knew their language then surely there can be some reasoning to occur. Though at the moment these creatures wanted to hear nothing from them. They felt threatened seeing them all here and were now being brought to some holding chamber. Only God knows what will happen when they reach their destination. Jynx looks over at the two cousins and smirks. If only Brian knew who Jeremy really was. She caught Nick look over at her raising an eyebrow.

She had to give it to Jersey, she sure knew how to pick them, Nick was nice on the eyes, he had a pair of clear blue eyes that can melt any woman’s heart and that hair of his all messy and long, makes her want to grab a pair of scissors and cut it just to feel his hair. She blinks as A.J. tries to comfort the crying Skyla.

“I’m gonna get us out of here ok. I won’t let anything happen to you ok.” A.J. whispers softly to her.

“You think you can just take out all of these things out around here?!” Skyla sniffs, blinking her eyes slowly to block the tears from emerging.

“Shhh…yeah I can. I got an idea. Just work with me ok.”

Skyla getting curious eyes him: “What exactly are you planning?”

“Heh…you’ll see.” A.J. responds getting shoved by one of the creatures. “Hey fucker relax.” He glares at the blue spiky haired creatures apparently the males of that race.

“These don’t look like the one that attacked us.” Jynx whispers over to Jersey.

“Ugh I know. I got no clue what they are. But from the looks of it, it looks like a new race that I never saw before.” Jersey frowns, tucking back a strand of hair that fell loose beneath the hat.

Brian glances over at Jersey smiling, “Jeremy that was pretty slick of you doing that back there.” He tugs on his tied ropes around his wrists.

Jersey smirks, nodding: “Yeah thanks man no prob.” She shrugs deepening her voice at that watching him turn away. She couldn’t believe he didn’t recognize her yet. She was expecting the moment he saw her close up, he would know. But from the looks of it, she was good that she could even fool her own relatives. Sighing, her thoughts go back wondering what happened to her other cousin Kevin and just hoped to God, that the other ship made it somewhere safe.

Nick clicks his tongue, his eyes on Jersey and snorts: “Dude, that shit you did back there, getting all hurt. That looked painful.”

“Sometimes you gotta deal with it.” Jersey smirks, wincing at the throbbing pain shooting from the scratches.

Nick nods: “Heh…right.” He walks slowly surrounded by these strange creatures.

One of the creatures, the female one of these, with long tangled violet knotty locks hiss out suddenly reaching the end of a dead end.

“Oh this is nice. A dead end. Stupid things led us here.” Nick grumbles out, watching the female creature beginning to scream out.

“Its here!” It said, scratching at her chest, her long talons piercing her green flesh. The small vulture like head that shared the same body squeals out frightened.

“Shut that shit up!” A.J. growls: flinching at the ropes that were cutting into his wrists.

Brian looks over to Jersey eyeing her strangely and sighs, looking back at the squealing creature running around. Suddenly out of the dust a large Mystertian arises from the dust.

“No! No! No! Not again.” Jynx frowns, her eyes on the huge creature its large wings flapping against the dust.

One of the male creatures scream out to head back and each grab a person dragging them into a desolate building.

Jersey walks backwards as she watches in fascination the Mystertian chomping down on the running female alien. It bit halfway through the torso ripping the upper part off. Jersey watches the strings of muscles being pulled apart from the lower part as the Mystertian chews on the upper part in satisfaction.

“That is some fucked up shit there.” Jersey watches in awe as she’s forcefully pushed into an abandoned building.

Skyla shrieks, shaking in the building gulping: “That eats everything! I thought we were at least safe at the moment with these things.”

“I think we’re all its main course dish from the looks of it.” Jynx whispers as Brian grumbles peering out of the threshold of the broken building they were in. His eyes remained glued on the Mystertian chewing away at the smaller female creature that first spotted it.

“We can’t stay here. There is no way in hell I’m staying on this crazy planet. Those asses will eat us if we stick around. I ain’t planning on being like that wack alien that got eaten. We’re out of here!” Nick frowns, pulling at the ropes at his wrists roughly.

One of the male aliens, with the short hair glare over at him: “One of us passed away. You need us if you are to survive here. There is no food out on the open land. If you wish to live you need to depend on us.”

“Fuck you. I’m not relying on you. For all I know you could have one of those things waiting to eat us too!” Nick hisses out, his eyes slanting in anger.

“Whoa hey dude chill out man.” A.J. smirks, “In time we’ll get them all. Right now…we need to see what’s going on before doing something ok man?”

Nick opens his mouth to respond but sees the other’s eyes on him and quickly closes his mouth feeling slightly foolish for his outburst. “Heh…right. Sure.”

“Atta boy.” A.J. smirks as he shoves a male creature away.

“Follow us.” One of the creatures states, heading down some stairs off the side of the barren broken room. Some of the walls were cracking and the roof was partially torn off. Each person was grabbed and led down the stairs by an alien as they reach the basement of a cold creaking dark hallway. The smell of sewer flooded the halls as Skyla gags breathing softly through her mouth.

“Ugh…it smells like crap down here.” Brian gags as he is grabbed walking quickly down the long dank hallway. At the end of the hallway another stairwell was located and everyone was guided down there.

“Where are they taking us?” Jersey frowns, taking in every prospect of the facility for her escape. She needed to make sure she got every part covered so when she made the breakaway, she was able to find herself and led the others out to safety.

Her question was answered when they all step onto a grated floor, below them looked like dark waters. The barely lit room was visible from the few torches perched on the wet walls. Empty cages lined the room as many were swung over the dark waters.

Jersey gulps, this wasn’t exactly what she had in mind of being locked away. How was she gonna get out of this one now? Her mind begins racing as she watches her cousin Brian struggling and breaking into an argument with one of the male creatures.

“You kidding me?! I’m not going in there!” Brian retorts out as two of the aliens hold the cage door open.

“Get in.” One of the creatures hiss out: shoving him inside the dark cage sliding the cage door shut. The thick black bars from the cage around him made it easy for him to reach out and grab for the alien.

“Uh uh. You humans have caused enough trouble as it is. It is because of you our planet is dead. You led them here. They were in search for your race and because of your race: ours suffered immensely. We are down to our last meals and you shall suffer with us when it is time.” The male leader of that group growls out.

“Oh how nice, a family that stays together, dies together. Really now, you must excuse me, I’m feeling quite emotional at the vision of this all.” A.J. growls out, struggling against the creature’s grip as he’s led to another cage at the edge of the platform.

Jynx watches the cage Brian is in being pushed off the platform as he screams out.

Jersey gasps and runs to the edge watching him in shock. There was no way she could escape from there if she was locked up. She watches the hung cage swing off the edge slowly traveling from a converter to the middle of the dank room. Brian swings in the cage softly as he gasps shaking the bars.

“GET ME OUT OF HERE!!” Brian yells out, fear zooming down him now.

“Oh God!” Jynx gasps watching that as A.J. is pushed into a cage fuming and cursing up a storm.

Growling, AJ slams against the locked cage door he’s in as his cage is pulled up and taken off the platform to join besides Brian’s.

“Is this what you plan on doing?! Letting us die like this?” Skyla hisses as she gets shoved into the direction of one of the cages. “Lemme go!” As she’s shoved into a cage along with Nick and Jynx.

Jersey gulps and seeing that they were all busy attending to the cages, she sees the way she came from and bolts out of there quietly, sneaking out of the place and up the stairs, down the dark hallway and up another set of stairs. She reaches the place of the isolated ruined room they were all just in before hand and sighs, going to the broken doorframe. From the corner of her eyes, she hears a shrieking as a Mystertian collapses on the ground forming a puddle of black blood around its body.

Jersey smirks, curious to see what was out there killed that creature off. She needed to know what was responsible for its death. She scans over to the dead creature’s body to see a man holding a shaking gun in his hands as he drops to the ground on his knees wincing in pain. Her eyes look over the clear night sky and inches her way over to the man.

“You did that?” She deepens her voice going under her alias Jeremy, surprised it was the General that abolished such a creature.

Howie drenched in either his blood or the alien’s, nod.

“God…you look…hurt…” She states surprised, not sure what to say on that.

Howie smirks, dropping his gun: “There’s no more left…I finished my bullets on that one.” He struggles to stand up wincing at the pain his swollen ankle brought him. “I’ll be ok.”

Jeremy sighs, looking back over at the broken house she came from. “Look there are some people holed down in cages below us. We need to get them out. Can you even walk?”

“Barely, my ankle is killing me.”

She sighs, “There are some medical supplies I saw inside the house.” She points to the house. “You can patch that up and we can get more supplies. My gun got a good few rounds left in it to stun those bastards.”

Howie nods: “Let’s go then. I have people depending on me back at the ship.”

Jeremy nods, taking his arm quickly guided the injured man back into the building hoping that her friend was doing ok down below.
~*~

She watches them from afar smiling, her antennas twitching in the air at the heat of the planet. Giggling she runs off down a road reaching a large ship that had landed. She sniffs the air and smiles climbing the ship’s side, her suction hands and feet go the wall as she begins to climb peering into the window of the ship. There were tons of survivors there and one of them in particular caught her eyes. A lone man slumped in a seat nervously looking around. His rich coffee eyes cut around the room as his soft light tan complexion gleamed under the harsh fluorescent lights of the ship. His hands grip the arms of the seat as the soft wind from the ac brush through his soft brown haircut right below the neck. She watches him in interest never seeing a human this close up. She was highly interested in this race. Perhaps she can find a way to study one out herself and that man could be her first victim. She sees another one of her race with messy blonde hair giggle taking shape of a girl.

Smiling, she hops off the wall landing on the ground as she slowly begins to take a shape of a girl from inside the plane, her long black hair reaches down her back as her dark human orbs take shape. The antennas get sucked into her head for the time being hiding under her full set of hair. Smiling, she stands nude in a woman’s shape and grabs some leaves to cover her essentials as humans have a reason to want to cover those parts from what she heard. Leaves in place, she sits perched on a rock watching the ship calmly. She would make friends and she couldn’t wait to actually speak to a real human, the anxieties tickling her new tone tan stomach.