- Text Size +
Changing Gyms

"I'm just not sure if this is something I want her to do." Clara said to her husband later on that night.

"Why not? This is something she has always dreamed of." Fred said.

Andie walked in happily looking at things about the city.

"Oh my gosh mom there is just so much stuff to do in Orlando! I can't believe it."

"Honey are you sure that this is something that you really want to do?" Clara asked her daughter.

Andie turned to her and smiled.

"Mom, when I was in first grade and my teacher asked me what I wanted to be, what did I say?"

"That you wanted to be a lawyer?" Her dad said as he walked by.

Andie laughed and smacked his arm.

"NO!"

Clara sighed.

"You said that you wanted to be an Olympian."

"And I still do."

"Well, if you are sure that this is what you really want...."

"It is! It really is mom." Andie insisted.

"Then, we'll do it." Clara sighed.

"YES!" Andie ran up to her room to call Brian and Kayla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day had finally come and it was 3:45 am when Andie's clock alarm went off, signaling her to wake up for the first day at her new gym.

Clara dropped her off.

"Well, later I have to go in for my job interview. Now you memorize everything about today because I want all of the details." Clara said as Andie leaned in the window.

"Ok, I will." Andie agreed.

"I feel like a kid again." Clara sighed.

Andie laughed.

"Me too!" She giggled.

"Ha ha, very funny. Well goodluck sweet heart." She drove away.

Leslie sat in her yellow jeep shoving her food from Mickey D's into her mouth. She got out of the car grabbing her bag and taking one last bite of her food.

"Hey!" She called out to Andie as she walked up. "So you decided to go for it?"

"Yeah." Andie said with a smile as she adjusted her bag.

"Well," Leslie said opening the door. "Welcome to hell."

Andie looked at her in shock as she walked in and headed to the bathroom.

Tons of girls were already in the gym working out on the equipment and warming up. Andie headed back into the locker rooms. A girl with dark hair sat wrapping her knee. Andie looked at her then at the lockers..

"Any of them are free." The girl offered with a smile.

"Thanks." Andie opened one and put her bag in. "I'm Andie." She introduced herself.

"I'm Anita." The girl said looking up with a smile.

"So have you been with coach Blair for a while?"

"Actually we call him David and yeah, I've been with him for two years, but I just got senior elite."

"Oh, congradulations."

Anita picked up a bottle of pills and put two in her hand. Andie looked at her in shock.

"For my knees. They always hurt since my surgery. David says I have to suck it up but they aren't his knees." She rolled her eyes.

She got up to get some water. Andie turned and began to roll up her hoodie sleeves.

"A little advise, I would take that off." Anita said.

Andie gave a nervous laugh.

"Why?"

"It's stupid really, it's what we call initiation humiliation. You'll get used to it."

Andie hesitated as Anita left and took her sweatshirt off. She wondered exactly what she had gotten herself into.

"Hurry up." Brenda, David's assistant coach said sticking her head in.

"Do I have time to go to the bathroom?" Andie asked quickly.

Brenda gave her a tight smile.

"If you hurry."

Andie quickly headed into the bathroom where she heard the sounds of someone throwing up. She looked over towards the stall. Leslie walked out to rinse her mouth.

"Are you ok?"

"Uh huh fine." Leslie said taking a handful of water.

"Do you need anyone? I can go get Brenda or David."

Leslie stood up straight her eyes wide.

"NO! I"m fine. Really, I just ate too much."

Andie wasn't too sure but just left it.

Slowly, she followed Leslie out.

"You ready Andie?" David asked as she came out.

"Yes."

"Come on, up onto the scale."

Andie stood in shock.