- Text Size +
Chapter 1

It had been six months since anyone had seen or heard from Amber well, all except Caitlin, who talked to Amber any free time they could get. Caitlin could tell there was a change in Amber but it was for the better. I mean, she still was the same lovable person but just more...grown up. They talked about there lives and stuff along those lines but never once had Amber mention the guys or A.j. Caitlin didn't know if she was doing this to forget her past or not but she decided not to push it. Amber seemed more full of life and happy whenever Caitlin spoke to her, she was more relaxed and calm. She had just about finished her autobiography and was quite happy with herself and her achievements.

"So when are you coming home?"

"Caitlin, we go through this conversation every phone call." Laughed Amber. "And it's starting to get old."

"Amber you have to come back! The guys are on tour and I'm here all by my lonesome."

"Why didn't you go with Nicky then?"

"I can't be around him for that long, I'd go crazy! I mean, don't get me wrong I love the man and all but sometimes a girl needs to be Carter-free." Caitlin giggled.

"I can't believe it! You must be the only girl, well besides me." Amber laughed. "Who can't stand to be around Nicky boy all the time."

"Yeah, but ya gotta love him." Caitlin smiled and Amber agreed. "He's one of a kind."

"Thank god!" Amber joked and they laughed.

"He wanted me to come but I had to stay here."

"Why?"

"What I didn't tell you?" Caitlin asked.

"Tell me what?"

"I'm moving in with Nick."

"Really? When did this happen?"

"A few weeks before he left on tour. I told him since you where gone I would go back home be he insisted that I move in with him."

"Oh, so now your stuck trying to organize everything." Amber smiled. "Caitlin and Nicky sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Amber teased and laughed.

"You got that right!" Caitlin laughed. "That's part of the reason why I need you here, to help me get settled in this big old house of his."

"It's your house to Cate." Amber smiled.

"I'm gonna have to get used to calling this place home huh?"

"Sure are missy." Amber laughed. "God, I miss Florida."

"I have a simple solution that will fix everything."

"What?"

"Come back! Amber you've been gone six mounts! So much has happened and it's not every funny. You've been gone long enough to find yourself so bring your ass back here." Caitlin said all in one breath.

"Aww ya miss me that much?" Amber smiled.

"Amber. I need you here to keep me sane ok?" Caitlin laughed. "They've been gone on tour for....two and a half weeks and I'm already starting to loss it." Caitlin joked. "It's so quite, I need company." Caitlin whined, Amber laughed.

"Would it brighten your day if I was to tell you to pick me up at the airport tomorrow?" Amber smiled.

"You’re coming back?"

"Well not anymore, you sound like you changed your mind." Amber joked.

"No I haven’t, I'm just surprised that's all." Caitlin smiled. "Great, now I have somebody to go crazy with." Caitlin and Amber laughed. A few more minutes later they got off the phone and Amber began packing for her trip. After six mounts Amber was ready to come back home. She had learned a lot form herself and was happy to return home tomorrow. Her mind drifted to A.j for a minute.

"I wonder if he still loves me?" She thought to herself, already feeling heartbroken at the thought that he didn't. "What are you saying Amber? When you left yeah he said he loved you but he still was with Krista and the time...I wonder it their still together? I wonder if he chose her?" Amber just shook off these feelings and took a shower and went to bed, tomorrow she would be home, talking to Caitlin and having starting a new life, one that was going to take place with or without A.j.....But she really hoped it would be with.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Yo Bone! Pass me a soda!" Nick yelled from his spot on the floor of the entertainment room on the buss.

"What am I your maid? Get it your damn self. Besides, I'm not even going to the frig." A.j smirked and walked right pass the frig and laughed as Nick glared at him.

"That was cold man!"

"Then put on a sweater." A.j joked and placed him arms around a familiar young lady. He kissed her neck and she smiled. "I missed you."

"Miss me?" She smiled. "Alex I haven’t gone anywhere today, I've been with you." Krista smiled and leaned back into his embrace.

"Yeah you did." A.j began to fool with Krista's tank top.

"When?" She giggled at the contact his lips were making with her neck.

"Just a minute ago, when you got up to come in here." A.j smiled. Krista turned around and they kissed.

"Hey! There will be none of that while I'm around!" Nick said, walking to the frig and grabbing a Sprite.

"No one told you to come on to my bus in the first place Nicky." A.j continued his assault on Krista's neck.

"What? My T.V is broken." Nick whined. "Besides I knew you wouldn't mind."

"Under any other circumstance I don't but I have a need right now Nicky, and your killing it." Krista giggled.

"Now Alex play nice with Nick." Krista smiled and looked into his eyes.

"But I don't wanna play with Nick, I'd rather play with you." He flashed her a seductive smiled. Nick took that as his cue to go back to playing his Nintendo.

"Alex." Krista blushed and he laughed. "Is that all you think about?" A.j pretended to think for a minute.

"When it comes to you...yeah." He passionately kissed her. "I love you Amber." He whispered and Krista pulled back and gave him a funny look.

"What did you just say?"

"Krista? I love you Krista." A.j spat out quite. Why did he call Krista Amber? This was not the first time he had made that mistake but lucky for him Krista never really caught on to it but now.

"No you didn't you said Amber." Krista never once raised her voice. "You called her name in you sleep last night and come to think about it you called her name almost every night. Why?" Oh shit, she had caught him there. He never realized he was calling out for Amber in his sleep let alone Krista hearing him. Ever since the day Amber left he had dreams about her, about what they could be together, how happy they would be...but why? He didn't have any problems with Krista, she loved him and he loved her with all his heart. But then why was he calling out for Amber? Yeah he told her he loved her but in the end he just thought of it as the spur of the moment type of thing. Oh well. He hadn't seen of heard form Amber in six mounts. Maybe she found out what her heart wanted and it was obvious it wasn't him or so he thought. It was far past time for him to move on with his life and be with Krista and stop all these dreams that did nothing but torment him. But deep down he knew he still needed her, but he would have to learn how to let that go.

"I'm sorry Kris, I guess I just miss her that's all."

"I don't get it why don't you just call her?"

"It's not that simple babe." A.j ran his fingers thru his hair/

"Why?"

"Because I don’t know exactly where she is, she kinda just up and left."

"Oh. When is she coming back?"

"I don't know." But A.j hoped for some reason it would be soon. No matter what he did he knew he would all ways love her, need her, and want her. But there was no telling how she felt about him, if she even felt anything at all. A.j laid in his bunk staring at the darkness as sleep came to him. "Goodnight baby girl, come back to me." A.j fell asleep as those words softly played off his lips and he dreamt the same dream every night, seeing her again. But that was imposable, she was never going to come back to him...or so he thought.