- Text Size +
“No, there’s nothing left to work out between us.”

“Oh really? Then why haven’t you two talked at all in the last two days huh?”

“He’s busy.”

“Busy with what.”

“The tour and stuff…Krista.”

“Oh.” Caitlin said softly.

“Yeah so…he has bigger issues then us.”

“Yeah maybe. But you know you can’t avoid him forever.” Amber looked at Caitlin.

“I’m not avoiding him…”

“Bullshit and you know it.”

“Fine. Maybe I have but so? What am I supposed to do? Sit around in la la land and pretend I don’t have feelings for him when I do?”

“No. Did you tell him you still loved him?” Amber nodded. “What did he say?”

“He loves me and wants to be with me as much as I want to be with him.” Caitlin was confused.

“Wait and minute, hold the phone. You mean to tell me he loves you and you love him and your not together?” Amber nodded again.

“Why!?!” Caitlin screamed and everyone looked at her. Amber giggled and Caitlin felt her cheeks flush. “Don’t mind us guys, girlie gossip.” Caitlin laughed nervously and ran a hand thru her hair. The guys went back to rehearsal and Caitlin turned back to look at Amber. “Why?” She asked in a more appropriate tone.

“You know why Cate.”

“Krista? Girl we could get rid of her a quick.” Amber smiled. “Let me take her on I’ll…”

“Hold on Cate.” Amber laughed.

“I’ll show her the true meaning of the words ass whooping.” Caitlin pretended to be mad only to have a laugh.

“I’m sure you would Cate, I’m sure you would.” Amber’s smile faded. “He loves her and I understand and respect that, I…I just don’t want to ruin his life anymore then I already have you know?”

“I don’t get it, how did you ruin his life?”

Amber sighed. “Maybe I should spell it all out for you. Remember when A.j told me he loved me for the first time?”

“Yeah.”

“Well he had just got over a breakup and I didn’t want to be his rebound chick and ruin our friendship but I did, I broke his heart and I told him over and over again to accept Brian and I and to move on…and he did. He found Krista, she gave him something I couldn’t return to him at the moment…love.”

“Yeah but your heart told you later that you loved him right?”

“Yeah. But it’s not that simple, he loves Krista on some level and I know that the last thing on this earth Alex will do is hurt her.”

“Do you think he loves her the same way he loves you?”

“I don’t know, I don’t care. You know…I went away to free myself of all this pain and heartaches and when I come back it’s all waiting here for me like I’m back where I started.” Amber sighed.

“It will get better Amby, I promise.” Caitlin hugged her.

“Oh and I found out about your and Brian’s plan to get me back together with him.” Caitlin looked down at the floor.

“Are you mad?” she asked softly.

“No.” Amber giggled. “I found it quite amusing.” They both laughed.

“It was all Brian’s ideal.” Caitlin stressed the word all.

“Don’t worry I know. Poor thing told me everything. I find it cute.” Amber smiled and waved at Brian who smiled and waved back.

“All right guys lets try this one more time.” Fatima yelled and the guys got back into place with their dancer. “That’s it guys, I think it’s finally starting to sink in.” She smiled and the guys did to.

“Does this mean…”

“No Nick you can’t get out of rehearsal early.” The rest of the guys laughed.

“But…but…”

“But what Nicky?” Nick smiled and turned to point at Caitlin, who was busy laughing at something Amber had said.

“Oh, sorry Fatima. Nicky’s girlfriend is here and you heard how much he talked about her when they were apart.”

“All he did was talk my ear off about her.” Fatima laughed and so did the guys, all except A.j who was watching Amber. Her smile was something he could only remember in his dreams. A small smile played on A.j’s lips as well when she looked at him and smiled, he returned it. For the first time in two days they had made some sort of progress that was a promise for a friendship in the end, who knows…maybe even more.