- Text Size +
“Hey Yo Bone!” Howie yelled and A.j was pulled out of his thoughts, he looked over at Howie who was heading off the stage.

“Rehearsals over man.” He laughed. “Whatever dream world you’re in come back to reality.” Howie disappeared behind the stage. A.j looked back over to Amber in time to see her and Caitlin leaving with Nick and Brian. He looked down and sighed. He had to let her go, for Krista’s sake. A.j looked up and saw Kevin coming towards him so he met him half way and set down in the first couple rows of seats.

“How you hanging’ J?”

“I don’t know, not to bad I guess.” A.j played with his sunglasses. “Ohh.”

“Yeah. Sad huh? I can’t even tell the woman I care for I love her without breaking the others heart.” A.j sighed and closed his eyes.

“Complicated situation. But you know no matter what you do your going to have to hurt someone in the end.” A.j nodded. “Your not only hurting Amber but yourself by staying in a one sided relationship.”

“It wasn’t always one sided, you know that right?” Kevin smiled.

“Yeah J, I know that you really cared for Krista…at one time.”

“The real question is will she understand?”

“Well, Krista is a strong girl…she can handle it but it’s better if you tell her it’s over then by her finding out that you love Amber from someone else.”

“Yeah I know, I just have to find a way to let her down.” A.j sighed and rubbed his tired eyes. “Well you better do it soon, your not the only one who has these feelings for Amby.”

“Who? Kev you don’t…”

“No. Don’t get me wrong, Amber is wonderful inside and out but I don’t see her in that way.”

“Then who?”

“Bone if you have to ask then…”

“Brian.”

“Bingo. Now I love my cousin and I want more then anything to see him happy but I know that what you and Amber have is the real thing and neither of you can live without the other by your side.”

“How?”

“Oh come J, it’s always been there just…hidden. Some place inside of you guys you were in love and didn’t even know it but the time came for you to discover it and you have. Just don’t let it go or you’ll live to regret it.”

“Yeah I know. When she left it tore me apart but deep down she needed a break from all this mess so I let her…I let her go.”

“And that was probably the best thing for both of you. To figure out some things on your own without interference.” A.j nodded.

“I just feel that I lost her as a lover and only gained her as a friend…she wants more, I want more…we both do.”

“And after you break the news to Krista you two can be together. It’s your call J.”

“But a tough one to call but I have to.” A.j stood up and brushed invisible lint of his pants and Kevin stood to.

“When are you going to tell Kris?”

“Now I guess.”

“Better to get it all over with.” Kevin offered a small smile. It wasn’t as if Kevin didn’t like Krista, he did…a lot but he wasn’t going to ruin her relationship with A.j so he kept it quite. A.j and Kevin walked out the arena. What they didn’t know was they weren’t the only people in there. They where so caught up in their conversation that they didn’t notice Krista sitting a couple of rows behind them on the far left. She had heard the whole thing and wasn’t too happy about it.

“He’s not leaving me for that tramp.” Krista stated through gritted teeth. “Over my dead body.” An evil glare flashed thru Krista’s eyes as she thought of a plan to keep A.j and Amber away from each other.

The concert that night was better then ever. The guys did a awesome job as always, not that it would of matter because the fans would have loved them regardless. At the end of the show the boys rushed into their tour bus’ and off to the next city. Nick, Caitlin, Amber and Brian where all on Nick’s bus, while the others where on Kevin’s bus.

“So what can we do now?” Brian asked.

“Play Nintendo.” Nick grinned and went for the controller but Caitlin grabbed it before he could. Nick looked up at her with a very puzzled expression. “Yes?” He smiled.

“No Nintendo tonight.”

“But why?” Nicky whined.

“Nick Carter! I can all this way to see you cause I got so damn sick of your whining of me not being here and when I get here all you want to play is a video game.” Caitlin was being so dramatic and Amber and Brian laughed at the two.

“Caitlin…where have you been all Nicky’s life?” Brian laughed. “We’ve been waiting for someone to come along and break him of his obsession on Nintendo.”

“Oh really?” Amber asked with a grin.

“Yep yep.” Brian smiled.

“I wouldn’t talk if I were you Littrell.”

“Your not suggesting that I have problems with the Nintendo.” Brian asked being very dramatic which caused Amber and Caitlin to laugh.

“Between you and Nick, I don’t know who’s the worst.” Caitlin giggled.

“Yeah yeah.” Nick mumbled as he continue to play with Brian. Amber sat back down next to Caitlin.

“You’re thinking about him huh?”

“Yeah I just…who? I’m not thinking about anything.” Amber tried to hide her thoughts about A.j.

“Look, I’m not dumb…but I’m not going to push the issue anymore…I just want you to be happy.”

“Don’t we all.” Caitlin smiled at her and they watched Nick and Brian compete in the worlds biggest video game challenge”, or so they called it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ A.j sat up front in Kevin's bus by himself. He needed time to think alone about how he was going to break it off with Krista and get Amber in his life permently.

"I wonder if she's thinking about me?"