- Text Size +
Chapter 13

“Nick! Nick open the door!” Yelled Kevin.

“You better get that.” Caitlin forced out. Nick sighed and went to open the door.

“Well thank you Nick for taking your dear sweet time, really I was in no hurry.”

“Sorry.” Nick muttered.

“Yo Nicky I was just playin.” Kevin smiled then looked at Caitlin. “Am I interrupting something? I can come back later.”

“No! Kev…it’s all right. I was leaving anyways so…” Caitlin grabbed her purse and bolted out the door leaving a tearful Nick and a puzzled Kevin. Nick made his way back to the bedroom with Kevin on his heel.

“I don’t want it to seem like I’m prying and if it does stop me but did…”

“I asked her.” Nick whispered. “I asked her to marry me.”

“She said no?”

“Not exactly, but she didn’t say yes either.”

“Then I did interrupt something.” Kevin sighed.

“No. In a way I think she was relived you interrupted us…maybe even happy.”

“Nick don’t think that way, there could have been a number of reasons why she didn’t responded and you know it.” Kevin reasoned.

“Yeah? Like what?”

“Shock! If anything that should be at the top of your list, ever thought of that? Maybe she’s scared or nervous Nick, marriage is not a step to be taken lightly.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Nick snapped and looked at Kevin.

“For the last couple of months the only thing that I ever think of is her, all I see is her, all I breathe is her…all I want is her.”

“I understand that Nick, we all do. But why marriage?”

“I love her ok? She loves me. What else is there?”

“Don’t you think your rushing things a bit?”

“No!”

“Nick calm down.”

“No! I can’t believe your saying this and to my face no doubt.”

“Nick your only 23 and have so much to live for, why don’t you give it more time and thought?”

“You of all people I thought would support me on this but I guess I was wrong…very wrong.” Nick ran out the room and shut the door leaving Kevin speechless.

“Just giving you my honest opinion.” Kevin sighed and left the room. *~*Meanwhile*~*

“Brian.” Amber giggled. “Can I open my eyes now?”

“One more minute.” Brian smiled and picked her up.

“Brian!” Amber squealed in delight. Brian smiled but then it quickly faded as he saw a figure in the near distance. "Brian?" Amber asked and slowly opened her eyes.

"What?" He asked and followed Amber's gaze. "Caitlin? Is that you?" Brian and Amber slowly approached the young woman and as they got closer they realized it was indeed Caitlin.

"Caitlin what's wrong?" Amber asked and placed an arm around her friend.

"He-he." Caitlin took a deep breath. "He proposed."

"Nick?"

"Yeah."

"What did you say?" Brian asked softly.

“I didn’t say anything…I couldn’t.” She wiped her eyes.

“It’s ok.” Amber tried to comfort her friend.

“No it’s not ok.” Caitlin stood up. “Nick probably thinks I’m unsure of my feelings for him.”

“Cait look at me.” Brian reasoned. “You and Nick belong together…I’m guessing he’s hurt over this just as much as you are, maybe more.” He sighed. “But if I know one thing is for sure it’s that he loves you. You know that I know that hell, the world knows it!” Caitlin looked at Amber for reassurance.

“It’s true.” She confirmed. “In all my years of knowing that little monkey and all the girls that have blown thru his life…you’re the one.” Amber smiled.

“If only you could see the look in his eyes when he talks about you.” Brian chipped in. “I never thought he’d find someone to love him, I mean really love him…for who he is not only on the outside but for the man within.”

“I do love him…I love him with all my heart it’s just.” Caitlin sighed. “I don’t know…maybe I’m just being stupid.”

“No.” Amber giggled. “Your in love.” She ended in a whisper as a glimpse of A.j flashed thru her mind and she smiled. “Hopelessly in love.”