- Text Size +
Chapter 14

“Nick?” Came a voice above the loud music.

“Who wants to know?” Nick slurred and finished the rest of his drink and quickly ordered another. “Look if you’re a fan I love ya and all but not-fucking now.”

“What crawled up your ass and died?” She laughed. “And I hate to burst your bubble but I’m not a crazed fan.” Nick took a closer look at the blonde.

“Yeah whatever.” He mumbled. “Your not the one who just got dumped are you?” He shot back and the blonde’s face changed to hurt but that quickly faded away.

“Hey don’t go around judging me Mr. Backstreet Boy, you don’t know shit about me.” She snapped and Nick looked her over once more. She wasn’t bad looking at all. Nick wondered if she was always this fiery.

“Do you always go around acting like a bitch?”

“No.” She replied simply and twisted a piece of hair around her finger. “It’s just your lucky day.” She turned her gaze to the dance floor as Missy’s “Work It.” Filled the room. “Fancy a dance?” Nick was about to blow her off when she dragged him out to the dance floor. **************************

“You know you guys don’t have to hang with me.” Caitlin whispered as they sat in a small restaurant.

“Nonsense. We’re your friends.” Brian took her hands in his and smiled. “We can’t help it if we care.” Caitlin looked over to Amber and smiled. “What?” Brian asked.

“Your so sweet Bri.” The girls laughed in unison.

“I find that very cute.” Amber smiled and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

“Are you blushing?" Caitlin giggled and caused Brian to blush even more but in embarrassment.

"Ladies, ladies." A voice spoke and they turned around to be met with a smiling A.j. "I assure you that even though Brian is a cutie." A.j mocked a girly voice and pinched Brian's cheeks. “I’m so much better!” He joked.

"Oh, quit it." Brian laughed and swatted his hand away. They all sat there having a friendly conversation when Amber glanced over at A.j, who had been surprisingly quite since he arrived. She noticed him staring at her, for once he didn't have on those sunglasses and she could see right thru him...to his soul. Amber didn't know but that was exactly what A.j wanted her to do...see him and feel his feelings so that then she couldn't deny them if she tried.

“Hey.” Came a soft whisper and Amber looked back over at A.j who smiled and moved closer to her side of the booth. Brian was to busying making Caitlin laugh to notice.

“What’s up?” The words left Amber’s lips in the same tone.

“A lot.” A.j sighed and ran a hand thru his hair. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking…” He paused. “You could call it soul searching.” Amber nodded. A.j began to play with the end of his shirt. He was nerves as shit about now…who wouldn’t? Explaining how you feel isn’t always easy to do. Amber gave him a soft smile and placed her hand over his.

“You want to go someplace more quite?” She offered and A.j’s head shot up.

“Yeah…if you don’t mind. We really need to talk, this whole “everything is fine” method were on isn’t….”

“Say no more, I understand…completely.” Amber smiles and A.j returns it. “Ugh…guys?” Amber break into Caitlin and Brian’s laughing fit. “I’m tired…I’m going to head back to the hotel.”

“Oh…what me to come with?” Brian asks.

“Naw…that’s ok.” Amber and A.j rise from their seats. “Alexander has volunteered for that job tonight.” She smiled and hugged Caitlin goodnight, she had missed the slight pain that flicked thru Brian’s eyes. “Night B.” Amber and A.j waved as they made their way out the restaurant. Brian let out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding.

“Still got it bad for her I see?” Brian turned back to face Caitlin.

“Yeah…and in the worst way.”

“Aww…B.” Caitlin rubbed his back, which caused him to smile. “You know if I wasn’t so caught up on Nick I could fall for ya!” She joked.

“Really?” Brian played along.

“Oh yeah.” They laughed. “In a heartbeat!”

“You are far to much Caitlin…far to much.” Brian smiled. He had only known Caitlin for a little while but already knew that they would grow to be great friends.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She smiled, which only made Brian laugh.

“Nothing just…I know why Nick is so crazy about you, he told me he couldn’t live without it…if I was him I’d feel the same way.”

“Really?” Her eyes sparkled and Brian nodded. “And what does he love about me the most?”

“Easy…your essence. You bring new meaning to his life. I never knew you could fall so fast and so hard but whatever you did you have that boy hooked.” Caitlin smiled.

“I never expected to find him either but…”

“Destiny had other plans right?”

“Yeah.” She giggled. “I’m thankful for it to.”