- Text Size +
Chapter 15

“Are you really tired?” A.j asked after a while of walking with Amber. The night was cool and music could be heard all over the place.

“No…you?” A.j shook his head. A few more minutes passed and A.j suddenly pulled Amber's arm and started running. “Where a-are we going?” Amber asked, trying to keep up with A.j. “Are we being chased?”

“No.” A.j replied simply and stopped once he reached his destination.

“You had me run, in heels no less, to see a deserted beach?” Amber laughed and A.j rolled his eyes.

“It's quite here…I used to come here a lot on other tours when I needed to think. No ones ever around, it's nice to have peace once in a while and you know with my life style that comes about every blue moon.”

“Wish I could say I do but I've never been a Backstreet Boy.” She joked but A.j didn't hear her. Instead he took her hand and they began to walk down the beach into the darkness. Soon they grew tired and A.j laid his jacket in the sand for him and Amber.

“This year has been pretty crazy huh?” A.j broke the ice.

“Yeah…a lot of shocking surprises.” Amber smiled and wrapped her arms around herself as a cool breeze came thru. A.j noticed and moved over closer and placed his arms around Amber.

“Better?” He whispered in her ear. Amber trembled under his touch no long cold just scared…scared of her feeling. Being this close to something you know you can't have was driving her crazy.

“Yea.” Her reply was carried in the passing wind. “God he smells good”, Amber thought to herself. A.j sighed continently as he held her. He had held Amber many times but this time was different…much different. They just sat there watching the wind dance upon the ocean under the night sky. “What are we doing?” Amber asked after sometime.

“Hm?” A.j had closed his eyes and was nuzzling her hair.

“You and I…w-what are we doing?” Against her better judgment and the fact that she didn't want to move from his embraces but did. “One minute we say it's better if we don't…”

“I never said that.” He whispered and moved a piece of stray hair in her face. “You did.”

“Your right…I did, only because I think it's for the…”

“Please don't say the best.” A.j pleaded. “You and I both know that what's best is for us to be together…I want you…I…”

“No…don't say it A…”

“I love you.” Amber wiped away a tear that had escaped from her eye. “Baby girl…don't cry, I hate to see you cry…especially when it's because of me.”

“Krista Alex, Krista.” Amber spoke with all the strength she could find at the moment.

“I don't want her! I thought I did but I don't…I have always loved you Amby. I know we could both go our separate ways in life and eventually be fine but why? Id never stop thinking of you. You're more then just a woman I love…you're my best friend. The one I can always depend on to pick me up no matter how deep I fall.” He paused and lowed his voice. “I pray to god I haven't lost her.” A.j wiped away some of his own tears.

“You say that now but what if down the line you find out that I'm not the one.” She matched his tone. A.j meet her eyes and in the distance a song played. A.j pulled Amber back into his embrace.

"No." He sighed. "Your going to love me....like I know you do."

"I'm scared though Alex." She confessed into his shirt.

"Aren't we all? I was scared of my feelings for you Amby! Scared of loving you when I know you deserve so much better...someone like..."

"Brian?" AJ nodded. "AJ...Brian's a wonderful man and any woman would be lucky to have him but...he'll never be you."

"I'm gonna love you all my life," AJ whispered and placed a gentle kiss on Amber's ear, she let out a soft laugh. “What's so funny?” He asked, a little amused himself.

“Your goatee…tickles.” AJ chuckled.

"Sorry." Amber looked deep into the eyes of a man that she no longer could doubt she was in love with.

"I want you." She whispered. "No matter how I look at it or try to deny it I know it's true...it's only been to clear to see..."

“Right in front of us.” AJ lightly tapped Amber's nose and she giggled. The laughter soon died down as the two just stood taking in each other. AJ cupped Amber's cheek gently memorizing every inch, every curve of her face never breaking eye contact.

"What are you thinking?" AJ sighed.

"Nothing...just trying to remember this moment."

"I know the feeling." She smiled but AJ didn't return it, instead he just looked at her...studying the way her eyes light up when she's happy, little things he didn't even notice before where all showing themselves to him.

"I love you." He whispered for what seemed forever and gently captured her lips with his own. Not shocked nor scared Amber returned his kiss. I love you to was a response lost within his mouth. AJ pulled her closed, afraid to let go, afraid that he would awaken from another cruel dream, but a dream this was far from.

AN: Hey dancinpacer03, I've been meaning to write you and thank you for all your wonderful reviews and thanks for referring sweet18_2003 to my story as well. Your the only reason I still post on here now so thank you sooooo much *smiles* I'll update soon! Destiny