- Text Size +
Chapter 16


~*~Meanwhile~*~

She looked over to his sleeping form and smirked.

“Thank you mister Carter.” She muffled a laugh and slipped out of the bed. She moved around in the darkened room to find her belongings stealing glances at the sleeping body only a few inches from her. She quickly found her clothes and was about to head for the bathroom to freshen up but voted against it. It would be wise to leave now for the risk of getting caught in her plan. “Fuck.” She muttered as she hit the edge of the table. She looked once more around the room and turned for the door.

“Brian be quite.” Caitlin giggled. “People are trying to sleep ya know.” Brian smiled as he and Caitlin made it down the hallway.

“So?” He laughed with her.

“So?” She mimicked him. “I don’t know about you but I really don’t want to get in the way of Kevin’s wrath at…” She stopped to look at her watch. “5:13 in the morning.”

“We’ve been out that long?”

“Yep yep.” She patted him on the back and smiled. Brian returned it but it quickly faded as he saw a blonde leave Nick’s room.

“Krista?” He whispered and Caitlin looked at him funny. Brian’s eyes never left Krista’s as she stopped dead in her tracks. She made a motion for him to play it cool and Brian bit his lip.

“Brian are you ok?” Caitlin stared into his now pale blue eyes. “Bri? Bri you’re scaring me please say something!” Caitlin yelled and Brian focused his attention back to her.

“I’m sorry. I must have blocked out for a minute.” He gave a nervous laugh and Caitlin pressed her hand against his forehead.

“Your not coming down with anything are you?”

“Ugh…no.” Brian quickly darted his eyes back at Krista who had made it to her and A.j’s door and quickly closed the door behind her.

“What do you keep looking at?” Caitlin smiled and turned around to see nothing but an empty hallway. Brian shook his head as though to clear his thoughts.

“Nothing…just tired I suppose.” He faked a smile and hoped she wouldn’t see thru it. Fate must have been on his side cause she bought it.

“Go get some sleep Littreal.” She smiled. “You’re starting to go crazy.” Brian laughed.

“Yeah, maybe I am.” He gave her a brief hug and they both went to their rooms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's getting late." Amber whispered, smiling when AJ kissed her temple.

"So?"

"So people are going to worry about us...and wonder."

"Hey." AJ backed up to look into her eye's. "You love me right?"

"Yes."

"And you know I love you right?" Amber nodded. "Then don't worry about it baby girl, we're going to get through this together, that I promise you."

"I'm just scared...for the first time in my life something feels right." AJ smiled. "Being here with you feels right...like this."

"And you'll never have to feel any less of this ever again...you have my heart."

"I know."

"No I don't think you do." AJ backed away. "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and if that takes forever then so be it! I want to shot this out to the roof tops Amber...I don't want to hide it, please don't ask me to!"

"I'm not, it's just...we're going to hurt two people we once claimed to love."

"Once...once claimed." AJ reasoned. "It's not like I don't care about their feelings, I do, I just want you so bad...I want this so bad that I can taste it and now that your mine...I just don't want to lose it." AJ kissed the inside of her palm. "I don't want to lose this feeling I have when I'm with you...the feeling I can fly."

"I know Alex...I feel the same way and it's stupid for me to worry, for once i'm going to put myself first. People will get hurt no matter what we do."

"Exacally." AJ smiled and placed a gentil kiss on Amber's lips. "I'll never get tired of this." Amber smiled.

"Yes..I know." She giggled. "But we really should be going." She pulled back from AJ and started walking towards the hotel hand in hand.