- Text Size +
AN: And here I find myself updating..lol

Chapter 17 "Have you seen Alex?" Krista asked the next morning at breakfast. "No's." Where heard from around the table and Nick slowly walked into the lounge. "Morning." He grumbled and took the seat farthest from Caitlin who shot a look a Brian, giving her a sad smile. "Nick have you heard from AJ? I haven't seen him since yesterday." Krista sipped at her orange juice. Nick nodded. "Yeah, said something about shopping or something." He glanced up at Caitlin to find her looking at Brian. "Great." He mumbled. "I swear that man loves to shop..." Krista laughed but it was cut short as she noticed that someone else was missing. "Where is Amber?" Brian's heart stopped as her heard that name and found himself looking around. "Where is Amber?" He thought to himself. "Maybe with AJ, you never know. They are best friends." Howie broke the silence. Kevin glanced around the table with sadness. This was going to turn out to be a whole soap opera. He sighed at the tension he could already see arising. "I think Howie's right." Brian said with no emotion. "They are best friends after all, who know each other like the back of their hands! Why wouldn't they spend time together?" Sarcasm sticking in his voice. "Best Friends." Nick glared silently at Brian. "Friendship is overrated." "So are relationships, apparently." Brian threw back at Nick. "One mistake can screw them up." "Bri?" Kevin coaxed. "Calm down." He motioned to the passing stares they where now getting. Brian ignored him and stood up, throwing his napkin on the table. "It's funny how people can clam to be in love and find a way to fuck it all to hell." He glared at Nick and then Krista. "I hope those people are happy with themselves I really do!" "Brian!" Kevin stood up with warning in his eyes. "That's enough." He's eyes slowly soften, he knew his cousin was hurting and it killed him. "I love her." Brian stated, causing Nick to give him a cold laugh. "What's your problem Carter?" "Stop shitting me Brian, I've seen the way you've been looking at Caitlin all this morning and last night the two of you didn't come back till this fucking morning." Nick stated calmly. "We hung out because of some shit you did." Everyone sat back down. "Well, excuse me if proposing is a shitty thing to do when your in love." Nick stole a glance at Caitlin. "I'm sorry if I'm not a wonderful as Brian." "Nick you need to quit it right here and right now." Brian stated. "He proposed?" Howie asked Kevin and was answered with a nod. "Wow." "Don't worry your heads off to much." Nick looked at Howie. "She said no..." "No, I didn't." Caitlin spoke softly. "You didn't, your right." Nick laughed bitterly, letting the tears escape him. "You walked away." "I needed time, I needed someone to talk to." "Brian?" "He was there for me Nick." "Yeah, I'm sure he was." "You have some nerve to sit here and accuse us of cheating." Brian threw at him. Caitlin looked at Nick's puzzled face. "What?" "Hey guys!" AJ and Amber walked in with shopping bags. "What's up?" "That's a good question." Caitlin stumped off leaving everyone speechless. Nick sighed and placed his head in his hands. Krista sat back, feeling pretty bad. She never intended to hurt everyone in the process of her plan. She played with her hands and made eye contact with AJ for the first time that morning. She looked away as she noticed AJ and Amber's clasped hands. Brian followed her gaze, shook his head, brushing past them. "Congratulations."