- Text Size +
Chapter 18


"Caitlin!" Brian called as he chased her down the hall. "Caitlin wait."


"Wait for what Brian? The two of you acted like children down there and you know it!" Caitlin threw at him, opening her door. "You should be ashamed." She walked in with Brian hot on her tail.


"Cait..." He said softly.


"Look." She faced him. "I know your hurting over Amber ok? I understand that but that's no reason for the outburst this morning...you love her and want to be with her it's only natural but if she's going to be with Alex you need to accept that."


"Accept that?" Caitlin nodded. "It's funny how you all say that everyday, preaching it to me but you know that if you where in my shoes you'd all do the same thing." He sat in a nearby chair. "All I'm doing is fighting...fighting for love." Brian sighed and placed his head in his hands. "What am I going to do now Cait?"


"I'm so sorry Brian." She made her way across the room pulling him into her arms.


"I'd cry...but it hurts far to much to." She smoothed her hand over his hair. "I mean, to love someone day in and day out with them loving someone else is..." His words fell silent.

"I know."

"And Nick just doesn't understand...since I've met you I've been drawn to you. Your the closest to a best friend I can have right now...I don't half trust anyone as much as I trust you." Caitlin offered a small smile.

"What about the rest of the guys?"

"Their great and all but it's even better having someone like you here with me." He looked up at her. "I could kiss you right now." He whispered after some time, catching Caitlin off guard. "But I'm not..." He looked away, brushing invisible lint off his pants. "I don't want to cause any more pain and drama." Caitlin touched his cheek, he turned and looked at her."

"What did you mean when you said you have some nerve accusing us of cheating?" Brian fumbled with his answer in his head.

"Don't worry about it, I was just trying to get under Nick's skin." That wasn't completely a lie but one nonetheless. Caitlin rubbed her sore eyes.

"I don't what to say Brian but I think you and Nick should have a talk about us." Nick stopped walking and listened. "I want him to understand why we do this and he can't in less you talk to him." His heart dropped. "I can't keep going around like this Bri, it's only going to get ugly before it's all said and done." Brian nodded.

"Your right Cait." Nick peeked in. "You know, your the best." Caitlin smiled. "I'll have a talk with him but I can't promise anything, he can be pretty hard to get to."

"I know but you'll try your best right?"

"Nothing short of that." Brian kissed her cheek. "We should be able to spend as much time as we want to together..." Nick sighed and made his way back to the elevator, not wanting to hear another word. "...being best friends and all."That was all he needed to hear, them making there plans of breaking it to him. No wonder she had folded when he had asked her, she didn't love him for it was all just a game to her. And how dare he try to cover it up with Amber.

"Caitlin." Escaped his lips, she was cheating on him. Nick shook his head..but hadn't he done just the same last night?