- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Amber sat in the airport searching the crowd for a familiar face. She was tired from her long flight and wanted to get back home. She had loved her time in Hawaii, I mean who wouldn’t? It’s beautiful over there. But nevertheless she wanted to come home and see Caitlin and the guys. Amber looked again only to be met with a smiling Caitlin.

“Amby!” Caitlin squealed and hugged Amber tightly.

“Caitlin?”

“Yeah.” She smiled, still hugging Amber.

“I know you’re happy to see me and all and I’m happy to see you as well but your cutting off my air supply.” Amber laughed and Caitlin let her go and smiled.

“Sorry, I just missed you girl!”

“I missed ya to.” Amber smiled. They picked up her bags and made it to the car.

“So Amby, anything exciting happen in Hawaii your not telling me?” Caitlin asked and Amber smiled.

“Nope.” She simply answered, still smiling. “Nothing at all.”

“Oh come on! You don’t expect me to fall for that do you?”

“Well…yeah.” Amber and Caitlin laughed.

“Ok, spill it.” She smiled.

“I did meet somebody.” Amber confessed. “He was extremely sweet and it didn’t hurt that he wasn’t that bad looking.” Amber smiled.

“Anything happened between you to?”

“Naw, I told him I wasn’t ready for a relationship. I mean, I still do have feelings for…you know.”

“A.j?” Caitlin asked.

“Yeah. By the way how is he?”

“She doesn’t know?” Caitlin asked herself. “How could she not know the A.j and Krista were still together.”

“Cate? Cate, are you ok?” Amber asked, snapping Caitlin from her daze.

“Huh? Oh yeah, just thinking about Nicky.” Caitlin scolded herself on the inside for lying but she couldn’t help it. She didn’t want to see Amber get hurt again and leave, this time maybe even for good and she didn’t want that. “Speaking of Nick, he called last night.” She hoped to change the subject.

“Really? What did he say? Or do I even wanna know?” Amber joked and Caitlin giggled.

“Just the same as every other conversation we have.” She smiled.

“So basically you spend forever on the phone being all loving?” Amber smiled and Caitlin nodded. “I’m happy for you Caitlin, I really am but just promise one thing?”

“What’s that?”

“I get to be the maid of honor if you and Nicky decide to tie the not.” Caitlin laughed.

“Sure Amber, ok. But I have to warn you that Nicky and I don’t see wedding bells in our future yet.”

“Yet Caitlin. “Yet” is the key word in that sentence.” Amber giggled as they pulled into her driveway and Caitlin helped her unpack her stuff. Amber unlocked her front door and set down her bags.

“Home.” Amber sighed. “It’s good to be back.” She smiled.

“Well it’s good to have you back.” Caitlin smiled. “What do you say I help you unpack?”

“Naw that’s ok, I’ll do it later.” Amber sat on the couch.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, I just want to get some sleep. We all know those plane are the most comfortable place for a nap.” Amber said with sarcasm.

“Ok. I guess I’ll see ya later then?”

“You can go as soon as you answer my question.”

“What question?” Caitlin started to worry.

“About A.j and the rest of the guys. How are they?” Amber really wanted to know about A.j but was worried about what the answer would be.

“The guys are fine. I don’t know if you want to know this but Brian is kinda dating someone.” Caitlin waited for Amber’s response but got nothing so she continued. “Her name is…

“Alicia.” Amber finished for her.

“Uh…yeah. How did you know?” Amber smiled.