- Text Size +
Chapter 4


“How do you know A.j doesn’t love Amber?”

“Well I don’t know for sure, but what I do know is if he really was in love with Amber then he wouldn’t be with Krista right now.”

“You got me there. I’m just scared it will hurt her and she’ll run again and never look back.”

“Amber won’t run again, I won’t let her! I need her more then she’ll ever know, I love her Caitlin, I really do. And maybe if I can get her out here can I show her that.”

“Well we’re coming so don’t worry, that part of the plan is done but how are you gonna keep A.j away?”

“Don’t worry about that. Krista will be attached to him wherever he goes. He’s not gonna play with Amber’s heart. He has Kris so he should just be happy and leave what happened with them in the past where it belongs.”

“I understand where you going with this Brian but what if he does?”

“Caitlin.” Brain whined. “Can you at least pretend to be on my side.” Caitlin giggled.

“Ok.”

“Thank you.” Brian laughed.

“So what are we gonna do when she asks about Alicia?”

“I’ll just say she had to leave or something, it shouldn’t be that hard cause Alicia doesn’t even exist.”

“I feel bad Bri, we’re lying to Amber here.” Caitlin pulled into Nick’s Driveway and shut off the car.

“I know, do you think I’m jumping up for joy? I know this may be selfish but people throw object and reason out the window when they’re in love.”

“You must really love her.”

“More then you’ll ever know.” Brian smiled. “So I guess I’ll talk to you when you guys come out here, when are you guys coming?”

“Maybe next week or so.”

“Great, see ya soon bye Cate.”

“Bye Bri.” Caitlin looked at the phone in her hands and sighed as she placed it back on its cradle. Caitlin sat her keys down and made her way to her bedroom, she still refuses to sleep in the same room with Nick, not that she didn’t love him because she just didn’t want to.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” She said to herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amber was lying in her bed trying to sleep but it just wouldn’t come to her. In the back of her mind was A.j and going out to see him and the guys. On her little vacation Amber had realize she was in love with him and that was it. Her heart told her that and she knew it wouldn’t stir her wrong. But what if A.j’s told him something different? No, she couldn’t think like this, it was no good but why build up hope only to be let down?

“Get a grip Amber!” Amber yelled out loud. “If he doesn’t feel that way anymore, just move on.” She sighed as she turned over on her back staring up at the ceiling. “Who am I kidding? He’s probably with Krista right now.” Amber felt a small tear escaped her eye and brushed it away. “Why do I need you so much Alex?” Finally after an hour Amber found a dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Do you love me Alex? I mean really love me? I have to know.” A.j walked up and wrapped her in his arms.

“I love you baby girl, with everything I am.” A.j pulled back to look into her tear-filled eyes and smiled. “I love you.” He whispered and leaned in and kissed her.

“God, it seems like I’ve waited forever for this moment.” A.j cupped her face and she closed her eyes.

“You don’t have to wait anymore baby.”

“I never want this to end Alex, I need you.”

“It will never end babe, you have me and I have you, that’s all we’ll ever need.” He kissed her.

“You won’t leave me will you.” She opened her eyes and tears ran down her cheek and A.j brushed them away and smiled.

“I’ll never leave you, I love you so much Amber.”

A.j bolted up out his bunk; he had just had one of his dreams about Amber. These were becoming more and more frequent. Why was he having the same dream every night? Was it a sign? God he hoped not but then again he wanted it to become reality. A.j got up and walked thru the dark tour bus and into the bathroom. Once he locked the door he looked into the mirror.

“What’s happening to you McLean?” He asked himself softly so Krista wouldn’t wake up and hear him. “You should be dreaming about your girl not Amber.” A.j placed his pointer and middle finger to his lips. Even though he knew it was a dream it always felt so real to him. How come he could always feel her kiss’ even in a dream? Amber mesmerized him in many ways. “Why do I need you so much Amby?” A.j asked himself. After that A.j made his way back to his bunk but first he checked Krista’s bunk across from his and she was fast asleep, he smiled, got in his and drifted off to sleep. But little did he know Krista was far from sleep. She had heard A.j in his sleep once again call out Amber’s name and whisper a silent I love you and it broke her heart. Krista reached over and picked up her diary and a pen. When she was sure A.j was sleeping she made her way to the kitchen and switched on the light. She looked out the window at the passing trees as the rain poured down and sighed.

“Match’s my mood completely.” Krista whispered and sat down at the table and opened her diary.

Dear Diary,
I don’t know how much longer I can put up with this. Alex called out for her again tonight but this time he told her he loved her. Dairy does he really or am I acting a fool? I don’t know, but I have a feeling I’ll find out soon, I hope it doesn’t involved getting my heart broken. I love him so much dairy and I know he loves me but sometimes I wonder when he sees me does he see me? Or does he see Amber? I shouldn’t worry to much, Amber isn’t around and hasn’t been for a while as Alex puts it but then why do I still feel uneasy? Maybe I’m just being paranoid; yeah that’s it. Goodnight diary.


Krista made her way back to her bunk and tried to sleep, which didn’t come easy. Something was going to happen and it was going to happen soon.