- Text Size +
Chapter 5

A week passed by rather quickly and Amber and Caitlin were getting situated in their hotel room.

"God, don't you just love New Orleans?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah, its ok." Amber smiled and lied on her bed.

"Amber?"

"Hmm?"

"How do you feel about Brian?"

"What do you mean? I already told you I don't care if he has a girlfriend, it's for the best."

"Yeah but if he didn't, then how would you feel?"

"I don't know, why?"

"No reason."

"There has to be a reason you asked Caitlin."

"It's just, I think you and Brian make a really cute pair, that's all."

"Well not anymore. He has someone."

"But if he didn't would you give him another try?"

"Caitlin, what's up with all these questions?" Amber laughed.

"Just curious, that's all." Caitlin smiled. "Hey, do you wanna go out to eat or should I order in?"

"Out, we might meet some hotties tonight." Amber laughed. "This is the city of love ya know."

"Amber, Paris is the city of love." Caitlin giggled. "I think all these plane rides you've been taking have finally fried your brain." Amber giggled.

"Probably. So where do you wanna go?"

"My friend Heather suggested this place called La Renace (AN: My own little made up place.) Or something, she said the food was awesome but you pay a pretty penny for it."

"Ah so it's expensive."

"Yep." Caitlin walked into the bathroom to freshen up.

"I don't care, as long as I get food in this stomach of mine."

"Ditto." Caitlin and Amber left 15 minutes after that to go eat at La Renace.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A.j watched Krista as she walked into their hotel room; she had been gone for most of the day. Come to think of it she was hardly ever around A.j for more then needed.
A.j got up and hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.

"Hey baby." He whispered in her ear and Krista could feel herself melt, she knew she couldn't stay mad at him for long.

"Hi."

"How’s everything? Is everything ok?" Krista nodded. "Good. I have a surprise for you babe." He smiled as she turned around to face him.

"What is it?"

"Remember that new place that opened up here?" Krista thought for a minute then it came to her.

"La Renace?"

"Yep, we're going tonight." He kissed her hand.

"But I thought you had a show tonight."

"Tomorrow baby." He smiled and she returned it. Krista leaned in and kissed him passionately and he returned it. He made sure not to say you know who's name, he was gonna make it up to Krista. He knew how much he was hurting her by calling her Amber and tonight he was going to make up for it.

"I love you." Krista whispered and he smiled.

"I love you to."

“So what time are our reservations?” Krista asked as she sat on the bed.

“Eight.” A.j answered and Krista looked at the clock, which read 7:27.

“Damn McLean. Don’t even give a girl time to get ready.” Krista laughed and headed into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

“Want any company in there?” A.j yelled from the bedroom.

“No McLean! The last time I had company in here it took us forever to get out.” Krista giggled.

“And your point is?” A grin forming on A.j’s face as Krista walked back into the bedroom to get a towel.

“My point is you don’t know how to behave your self mister.”

“I can behave myself.” A.j placed his hand over his heart and gave her the best puppy eyes he could.

“Sure you can.” Krista giggled. “Hey! Where are all the towels?”

“What? We don’t have towels?” A.j asked grinning.

“No we don’t. Now how am I going to dry myself off?” A.j laughed. “What’s so funny?”

“I have a solution for your problem love.” He smiled. “I could lick the water off you.”

“I’m sure you would like that very much, wouldn’t you?” Krista smiled as A.j began to play with her top.

“Bonedaddy wants some love mama.” He whispered softly in her ear. Krista giggled.

“Sorry but Bonedaddy is just going to have to wait.”

“Why?” A.j whined.

“Because if we start something now we won’t make it to the restaurant on time.”

“So?”

“So?” Krista mocked him. A.j stopped and looked at her. Krista just kissed his nose and went next door to borrow a towel from Nick. As she shut the door A.j’s cell phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Alex, sweetheart. How are you?” A cheery voiced asked.

“Hi mom, I’m doing ok and you?”

“I’m great. Guess what I found out today.”

“What?”

“Come on Alex guess.”

“I don’t know ma.” A.j laid back on the bed and closed his eyes and pictured Krista and smiled.

“Fine.” Denise laughed. “You never where one with patience.”

“I know.” A.j laughed with her.

“Amber is back.” At this A.j shot straight up. “Alex? Alex are you still there?”

“Y-Yeah mom I’m still here. What did you say?”

“Good. I said Amber is back.” The day at the airport came running back to him and memories of her that he was trying to erase began to resurface.

“Amber.” He whispered. “Well how is she? Did she ask about me? Is she okay? How was her trip?”

“Whoa Alex, calm down.” Denise laughed. “Anyway why don’t you call her and ask her yourself?”

“Yeah, maybe I will.” A.j ran his hand thru his hair, for a change he skipped to wild colors and went with his natural one.

“I know you have missed her a great deal sweetheart and it will do you some good to talk to her.”

“Yeah.” A.j didn’t know what to think. Sure he had missed her, he dreamed about her every night. Sometimes just lying in his bunk thinking about her and why he felt the way he did about her or is it how he feels about her? A.j hung up the phone with his mom as Krista walked back into the room.

“Are you ok J? You look like you’ve just be hit by a truck?”

“Huh? Oh Kris, I’m fine just a little tired that’s all.” A.j just sat there staring out into space.

“Are you sure?” Krista sat next to him and felt his forehead. “Maybe you’re coming down with something.”

“I’m fine, really. I think I just need some rest.” A.j closed his eyes and imminently an image of Amber popped into his mind. “God why is this happening to me now?” He thought to himself.

“So we’re not going out tonight are we?” Krista asked.

“I’ll make it up to you Kris, I promise.”

“No, its ok. I’d rather stay here and take care of you.” She smiled as she turned out the lights and got in the bed with to him.

~*~THE NEXT DAY*~*

“What time are you going to meet the guys again Cate?” Amber called from the bathroom.

“Uhh…around 7:30, their concert starts at 6 and ends at 7.” Caitlin answered.

“Are we still going to the concert?”

“Yep.”

“Do you think they’re going to be mad at me for just up and running do you?” Amber asked as she walked back into the bedroom to pick out an outfit.

“Amber, just tell them you needed a vacation. They all know you work hard on your writing and will understand why you had disappear for awhile.”

“You right.”

“I know.” Caitlin smiled.

“Sometimes I don’t know if Nick has the bigger ego or you.” Amber joked.

“Definitely Nicky, the boy goes insane if he loses a video game for crying out loud.” Caitlin laughed.

“Well that’s Nick for ya.” Amber laughed.

“Yeah, and I wouldn’t have him any other way.” Caitlin smiled and picked up her cell phone and dialed seven familiar numbers. After about two rings the person picked up.

“Hello?” Asked a tired voice.

“Aww. Don’t tell me your still asleep baby, I came all this way for nothing.” Caitlin smiled while she played with the phone cord.

“Caitlin? Baby is that you?” The voice sounded more awake now.

“Good guess.” She beamed.

“Where are you?”

“New Orleans.”

“Right now?” He asked.

“Yep.”

“Which hotel?”

“The Marriott.”

“Really?”

“Yes really.” She laughed and looked at Amber who was mouthing who is it. “Nick.” Caitlin whispered. When Amber realized it was Nick she smiled.

“Hi Nickelodeon!” Amber yelled and heard Nick laughing on the other end of the phone.

“So Amby’s back huh?” Nick asked as Caitlin put her ear back to the phone.

“Yeah, but remember you can’t tell anyone.”

“Why?” Nick was confused.

“We want to surprise the rest of the guys.”

“Oh yeah.” A sound of remembrance washed over him.

“Oh yeah.” Caitlin mocked him and Nick laughed. “I can’t wait to see you.”

“I can’t wait to see you to babe, I’ve missed you.” Caitlin smiled.

“I’ve missed you to. See you later okay?”

“K.”

“I love you.”

“I love you to.” Nick replied.

“Love you more.”

“No, I love you more.” Nick heard Caitlin giggle on the other end and smiled.

“How about you love each other equally?” Amber yelled and caused Caitlin and Nick to laugh.

“I can live with that.” Caitlin smiled.

“So can I babe, so can I.” After that Caitlin hung up the phone and looked over at Amber who had the biggest grin on her face. “What?” Caitlin asked but Amber just shook her head. “Amby tell me.” Caitlin whined.

“Once again your acting like Nick with all that damn whining.” Amber joked and Caitlin laughed.

“Tell me Amby.”

“Tell you what?”

“Don’t try to play innocent with me young lady.” Caitlin laughed.

“Fine. If you must know.”

“Yes I do.” Caitlin smiled.

“I was just thinking of how luck you where to have someone who obviously cares a great deal about you.”

“Yeah.” Caitlin replied in a dreamy voice.

“Must be a nice feeling to have.”

“Aww Amby. Don’t feel blue, I have a feeling your going to meet someone here that’s going to turn your whole world upside down.” Amber smiled.

“You think so?”

“No. I know so.” Caitlin smiled and hugged her friend.

“And how do you know? What makes you so sure?” Amber asked.

“Da Card don’t lie child.” Caitlin imitated her best Miss. Chloe voice. Her and Amber busted out laughing.

“What would I do without you Caitlin?” Amber laughed.

“I don’t know, I don’t know what I would do without you here to act a fool with.” Caitlin giggled. “We’re two of a kind.”

“Partners in crime.” Amber laughed and so did Caitlin.