- Text Size +
"You do realize you need to calm down right?" Caitlin laughed at Amber, who had been jumpy, the whole cab ride to the arena.

"What? I'm as calm as they come." Amber tried to cover up.

"Right." Caitlin smiled. "That's why you’re shaking."

"Huh?" Caitlin pointed down at Amber's hands. "Ok, ok so maybe I'm just a little nervous. There’s nothing wrong with that, it's a perfectly normal human emotion."

"True, but why? Why are you so nervous about seeing the guys again? It's just them."

"But you see that's it." They got out the cab and Caitlin gave the man 20 bucks and a smile. "Caitlin!"

"Thank you." The cab driver smiled and Caitlin returned it as he drove off.

"Caitlin you gave him twenty dollars for a four dollar ride?"

"Well the poor man had to listen to you babble about why you shouldn’t have come here for the whole ride so I thought I'd give him something to ease the pain." She joked. "Now come on and stop your bellyaching! I want to see Nick before the show." Caitlin beamed, grabbed Amber's hand and headed backstage.

"Ah, Caitlin."

"Hey Tom, how’s life as a security guard treating you tonight?" She asked as she and Amber showed him their passes.

"Well let's see, six girls tried to bribe me, two tried the whole 'I'm a family member and I really need to talk to Howie' routine and to top off my night well over two thousand fans chased us into the arena." Caitlin giggled. "So yea, my night has been just dandy." Tom smiled.

"Aww Tommy."

"You think that's bad? You should have been here last night! But that's a whole other story." Caitlin laughed.

"I'm sure it is. See ya Tom!" Caitlin yelled over her shoulder and drugged Amber along. We they got backstage they saw people running around like chickens without heads.

"Where’s Nick? Jack have you seen Nick?" One called.

"Dressing room eight Tailie!" Booker yelled.

"15 minutes to show time!" Someone yelled over all the madness. Caitlin and Amber looked at each other and laughed.

"So glad I don't work here."

"I second that motion." Caitlin smiled as she felt a pair of familiar arms go around her. "Nick." She whispered and turned in his arms.

"I missed you." Nick smiled and placed a tender kiss on Caitlin's lips. "What took you guys so long?"

"Outfit crises." Amber smiled. "Hey sexy."

"Hey yourself missy! Now where's my hug huh?" Amber smiled and gave Nick a big bear hug. "Leave me for half a year and don’t call!" She giggled.

"Well?"

"Well?" Nick mocked her and she playfully slapped his arm.

"Aren’t you going to tell me you missed me to?"

"Amby, you know we've missed you! All the guys have been going crazy over you, why didn't you ever call? Even if it was just to let us know you where alright?"

"Oh Nicky it's over and done with and I'm fine. Besides I'm here now and that's all the counts." She beamed.

"True. It's good to see you again Amby." Nick gave her one last smile and focused his attention back to Caitlin. "Now where were we?" Nick smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

"Oh god." Amber covered her eyes in mock horror. "Here they go again, I see that some things never change."

"Nick! There you are, I've been looking all over for you!" Nick pulled away from Caitlin and looked into the face of a very irritated Hailie.

"Hailie, I can explain."

"You know Nick, any other day I'd love to sit here and listen to your excuses, but news flash, this ain't one of them."

"Hailie." He pleaded and Amber snickered while Caitlin stood there confused. She was about to ask who this Tailie was but Amber shook her head not to, this was a funny scene to watch.
"Nick you have T minus 3 seconds to get your ass over to Jack so he can wire you up for the show ok? Unless you plan on going out into the audience and singing in every girls ear." She raised an eyebrow at Nick and he sighed.

"Yes ma'am." Nick gave Caitlin and Amber a small hug and left to over where Jack was standing, amassment written all over his face.

"That's the third time this week Carter." He laughed.

"Yeah I know." He joined in on the laughing. "And you think that after that nice little speech she gave A.j about the pyro I'd learn not to mess with her."

"Well she’s a pretty tough cookie!"

"You got that right." Nick agreed as Jack hooked up the last three wires.

"A tough cookie with a nice ass." They laughed and high fived.

"And they swear I can't hear them." Hailie shook her head and smiled at a laughing Amber. Nick and Jack froze on the spot and looked over at them. She pointed to her headset and Jack, getting the drift, looked down at his, which was on.

"Shit!"

"That's the beauty of microphones gentlemen, now lets get moving!" She clapped her hands.

"Come on lets go!" Booker yelled with laugher in his voice.

"You’re going to watch right?" Nick asked.

"Well Nickelodeon." Amber smiled and placed an arm around his shoulders. "We didn't fly 1,000 miles for nothing." He laughed and took his place with the rest of the guys.