- Text Size +
Amber walked into the dressing room to find AJ sleeping on the couch. She closed the door and walked slowly over to him, siting on the table next to him. He looked so peasefull yet so troubled. She gently touched his face...the curves in it so fimillar to her yet different. Amber sighed, she knew she has missed him but it was only now when she was in arms lenth of him did it really hit her. She was fighting with herself if werther she should stay or go....her scared side must have got the best of her for she stood up and headed for the door.

"Wait." Came a whisper and Amber froze on the spot as a warm hand touched her shoulder. "Don't go, don't leave me again." Amber turned and faced the eyes that had done so much to her over the past months. Before she could say anything AJ wrapped his arms around her...sighed in contentment. Amber smiled and returned the hug, she could deney it till the end of time of she wanted to but she knew, she knew she loved him....the question is does he still love her?

"Alex...." Amber pulled back from the embrace first. "God I've missed you." She sighed as a small tear excaped her eye. AJ smiled and kissed it away.

"I've missed you to Amby."

"I'm sorry."

"What do you have to be sorry for?" AJ face filled with concern. "You havn't done anything."

"Thats the point Alex." Amber tried to pull away from him but he refused to let her go. "If I had of just told you in the first place all of this wouldn't of happend...it's all my fault all this damn drama is happening."

"Told me what?" AJ rubbed her back gently. Amber bit her bottom lip and looked at the floor. "Told me what?" AJ repeated.

"I really thought that when I came back that these feelings would have left me in some way but the truth is they havn't...they havn't Alex!" Amber cried. "No matter how I look at it..it all comes back to you..and I don't know how to stop this feeling."

"Amby..."

"And I'm not sure if I want to..." She finished in a whisper and wiped her eyes. "I'm not sure I want to." She repeated.

"Amby..." AJ tried again but Amber placed a finger on his lips.

"Alex please..let me finish...I'm afried that if I don't I'll never tell you this." AJ nodded.

"You want to sit?" Amber shook her head no.

"Alex...remember the day I left?" AJ nodded. "Well the minute I got on that plane I relized that I loved you...I wanted to run back but it was to late and I wanted to give you some time to yourself."

"Amber I love you to." AJ smiled and traced her lips with his thumb softly. "In the back of my mind I think I've always have it's just there where put on hold and never really caught back up with me till I was with my mom...how much I thought about you...I missed you."

"What about Krista? Doesn't she mean anything to you?" AJ sighed.

"I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I don't have feelings for her...I made a promise that I wouldn't hurt her and if..."

"If what AJ?.....if we're together?" Amber sighed. "I knew it was to good to be true...i'm to late....maybe we should just accept it."

"Accept what?"

"We just don't fit together." Amber reached for the door again but AJ grabed her. "Alex..."

"Shh..." AJ whispered and kissed her forehead...then the side of her mouth till he reached her lips. Amber didn't return it at first but soon found herself lost in this man. Her arms found their way around AJ's neck and her fingers toyed with the little hairs there causing AJ to moan....a moan that was lost in and found in Amber's mouth. AJ pulled her closer to him...he wanted to feel her...breathe her. His left hand left the small of Amber's back and gentaly masaged her hip. "We fit." He whispered. "In more ways then one." AJ pulled back from the embrace first leaving tiny butterfly kiss' on Amber's face till she opened her eyes...they held so much confusion.

"We...we can't Alex, we can't do this."

"Why not?"

"You love Krista to." Amber sighed. "And I don't want to have to sneek around behind everyones back." AJ looked at the ground...finding it enteresting for the moment.

"I know."

"The only thing it will end up coming down to is you....you'll have to choose sooner of later....but I'm not going to hang around for the later Alex."

"Thats nothing new." AJ looked her dead in the eye as his arger broke thru. "Poor little Amber....you can never do any wrong! I told you I loved you and what did you do? Riped my heart out!"

"Well what did you want me to say? That I loved you back when it wasn't true!"

"Did you honesty thought I would wait for you? Drive myself crazy over you? I did what you told me to do Amber....move on!"

"Your a hypocrite!" Amber yelled.

"That doesn't even make sense! Your right, there is a hypocrite in this room and i'm looking at her!" Amber stared at him in shock...pure shock. She didn't have a comeback for that one thats for sure.

"This is why I left Alex." Amber said softly. "This is why I didn't want to come back in the first place." She pointed between them. "I didn't want to fight with you...hell I still don't but the situation that were in now isn't helping." AJ sighed and ran his fingers thru his hair. After about ten minutes the dangerous slince was broken.

"Look Amber....I'm sorry, for all thats been happening this year and for yelling at you, I just don't knkow what to do with myself and it would be so easy for me to say fuck off....but I can't." He closed his eyes for a brife moment then reopend them. "I can't tell you that becasue I love you....no matter how many times I've tried to shut it out it just comes back a million times stronger and your right, I do love Krista...I'm not the first man to be in this spot." Amber nodded.

"Do you love her or are you in love with her?" She stressed the word in. "Love and in love are two different things Alex."

"Amber don't...."

"I'll make this even easir on you then.....if you had to pick right here and now.....which one of us would it be?"

"I don't see how making me answer this is going to make this any better Amber I really don't...what will you get out of this?"

"The truth...if I don't desereve anything else from you then I think I can have to the truth."

"But you know..."

"Just answer it Alex!!" She sighed and calm down. "Please?"

"Krista." He smiled.

"What's going on guys?" Krista smiled and took at good look at who was talking to AJ. "Oh, hey Amber." She held her arms out and Amber turned back to AJ.

"Thought so." She blinked back tears and made her way out of the dressing room.

"What was that about?" Krista asked, confused about Amber's cold shoulder. AJ sighed and shook his head. This was going to be a long tour.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Amber?" A voice asked as she turned the corner. "Is that you?" She raised her head.

"Brian?" Amber gave him a weak smile and hugged him, god did it feel good to be back there with him. "I've missed you." He smiled.

"And I you." He gently kissed her forehead and pulled back from the embrace. "You look beautiful." Amber blushed.

"Thank you."

"But still you hold so much sadness in your eyes." Amber focused on the ground. "You saw him?" Brian whispered, Amber jerked her head up meet his sad eyes.

"Brian.."

"Shh, it's ok...I'm ok." He reassured her and she laughed.

"So I've heard." She smiled. "You and your new girlfriend." Brian blushed. "I don't think I've ever seen you go beat red before Bri, she must be pretty darn special." She imitated his country accent and they both laughed.

"Well, I have a little confession to make." He smiled.

"Uh oh." Amber joked.

"I don't have a lady friend at the moment."

"But Caitlin..the magazines showed..."

"Aww damn Amby...you should know by now that..."

"It was only a rumor." She laughed and Brian nodded in agreement.

"Caitlin and I where going to go thru this whole plan but...I don't know, I just couldn't do it." Amber laughed at his southern accent that seeped through. "I'm sorry, I really am. I just wasn't thinking straight at the time."

"Aw, your far to sweet Frick!"

"You know that no one will ever compare to you...not in a million years."

"Oh yeah? What about two?" Brian pretended to think and Amber slapped his arm.

"Naw, I'm just playing with you." He smiled and they made their way to the dressing room to talk to the rest of the guys. After that the night went on a little more smoothly, AJ and Krista where no where to be found and that worried Amber a bit but she didn't show it. Soon after that their bodyguards told them it was safe to leave the arena and head back to the hotel. Once outside Brian slipped his hand into Amber's and she just smiled, out the corner of her eye she could see AJ and Kris getting on his bus. They made eye contact for a split second before Nick said something stupid to Caitlin causing her to scream and Amber laughed at the two when Cait chased him up the steps to his.

"I keep telling you Carter, I'm not the one to mess with!" Caitlin yelled after Nick.

"Come on." Brian pulled me up to Nick's bus. "We better get in there before she kills him." They laughed. They got on and made their way to the back where Caitlin was standing tapping her foot.

"What did he do this time Cait?" Amber giggled.

"Acting like a little hornball what else!" Caitlin giggled and Nick opened the door waving a pair of his white boxers.

"I come in peace." He laughed and Caitlin rolled her eyes.

"We should only hope so." Brian muttered and the girls laughed, leaving Nick glaring at Brian.

"You'll regret that!" Nick threw at him and Brian laughed like a little school girl.

"I can see why all the girls like you Nicky." He talked in his best girl impression.

"Brian..." He warned.

"Your so damn cute when your angry."

"That's it, you me and the Nintendo right here right now!" Nick smirked.

"Oh god do they ever quit?" Laughed Caitlin and Amber shook her head no. "Thought so."

"And to think I thought you'd be used to it by now."

"I know." She smiled and they sat up front in the kitchen. "So.."

"So what?"

"So what happened when you went to see AJ?"

"I didn't..."

"Amby." Caitlin reasoned.

"We talked, we kissed..."

"You kissed!" Caitlin smiled. "That's always a good sign."

"Yeah we kissed." Amber smiled remembering the way their lips moved together. "I don't know, when I kissed him it felt...I don't know but I know I felt something."

"Love?"

"Well, I know I love him Cait, but it's so complicated." She sighed in frustration.

"Krista?"

"Yep, she walked in on us." Amber laughed at Caitlin's shocked expression. "She didn't see the kiss though."

"Do you want me to smash her face in for ya Amby cause you know I will." Caitlin went to stand up but Amber pulled her back down and they laughed.

"No."

"Well, the offer stands." She giggled.

"Thank you." Amber smiled as they pulled up to the hotel.

"Come on little ladies!" Brian smiled and held his arms out to Caitlin and Amber.

"Hey!" Nick protested.

"Shh!" We laughed and headed to the back entrance of the hotel, not that they didn't love to the fans just they where extremely tired. As the last ding of the elevator rang and the doors opened they all made it to their rooms for the night saying their goodnights they all turned in.

"I take it your not sharing our room with me tonight Cait?" Amber giggled.

"Naw, I'm gonna sleep with Nicky boy." Amber laughed. "Not like that!" Caitlin giggled.

"Suuuuure." Caitlin gave Amber the finger, laughed and said goodnight. As Amber walked in she was greeted a single white rose and attached with it was a small white evolve. She went into the bathroom, showered and got in the bed holding these items. She opened the small evolve to revile a short note.

Just wanted to say I love you.

Amber smiled down at the card and smelt her rose, no one knew she liked white roses, no one but AJ but she didn't want to get her hopes up just yet.