- Text Size +
~*~Meanwhile~*~

“So Missy your going to sleep in here with me tonight huh?” Nick smiled as Caitlin reached and pulled back the covers.

“Yes Mr. Carter.” She giggled. “That is unless you have an objection to that.”

“No no, please be my guest.” Caitlin smiled and got in the bed with Nick. “Thank you.”

“For what Nicky?”

“For being here with me, like this.”

“Ohh don’t think just because I’m in the same bed as you your going to get lucky.” Caitlin joked.

“Damn.” Nick mocked hurt and Caitlin play smacked his arm and laughed. “No. What I mean is thank you for coming out here to see me, I’ve missed you a lot.”

“I missed you to.” Caitlin smiled and kissed the soft spot behind Nick’s ear.

“Whoa there, don’t do that unless you mean it babe.” Nicky joked.

“I’m I turning you on Nick?” Caitlin leaned on him.

“Yes.” He smiled.

“Good.”

“And what are you planning to do about it?” He asked, gently rubbing her arm.

“Nothing.” Caitlin giggled and cut off the lights and tried to sleep.

“Women.” Nick laughed and placed his arms around Caitlin and soon fell into sleep himself.

The next couple of days are what you could call tense. Everyone knew something was up but didn’t want to talk about it seeing it would involve hurting people. Caitlin and Nick where together non-stop, so where Krista and A.j, Amber avoided them as much as possible. She didn’t want to see A.j because then he would be with Krista, which made it that much harder to focus.

“Hey you.” Came a soft voice and Amber looked up to see Brian before her. She smiled.

“Hey.” She returned the softness in tone.

“I brought these for you.” Brian handed her tulips. Amber smiled and took the flowers and smelled them.

“Their my favorite.”

“I know.”

“But why?” Amber asked and place down the flowers on an empty seat next to her. Brian shrugged.

“You’ve been kind of down for the last few days and I wanted to do something nice for you.” He smiled and Amber returned it. “See? There goes that smile that we all know and love. You should try it more often.” Amber laughed. “Ladies and gentlemen did we just hear Amber laugh?” Brian joked and they both laughed.

“It feels good to laugh again.”

“Yeah, but why haven’t you?”

“I haven’t had much to smile about recently.” Amber sighed. “Do you think I’m stupid for still wanting him when I know I can never have him?”

“No.”

“You don’t?”

“No, because I know how you feel. To love someone with all of you and never experience that love back…it’s painful to watch them in love with another.” Brian sighed and looked up and Amber who was looking at the stage.

“Hey Yo Rok? Get your ass up here, rehearsal starting.” Kevin yelled from the stage. Amber laughed.

“Duty calls.” Brian smiled and kissed her cheek. “Come on Nicky boy. You two can suck face later.” Brian laughed and pulled Nick on stage where everyone was waiting to start. Caitlin made her way over to where Amber was and took the seat Brian had been sitting in.

“So, what’s up?”

“Long time no see.” Amber laughed and so did Caitlin.

“Yeah I know, I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s ok.” Amber smiled.

“So how are you holding up? Really.”

“I’m fine I guess.”

“You’ve worked everything out with A.j?”