- Text Size +
Scarlet O'Hara: A Role Model Gone Wrong

Kevin couldn't understand what had happened. How it had gone so wrong. Things had been happy for him for a while. He was in love with a beautiful, classy woman, he had a daughter and the band was doing amazing things.

He sat on the worn chair thinking of the past thinking of the signs that lead him to where he was at that moment.

He waited, waited for the results, waited for the words that would forever, change his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlet Johnson sat at her vanity brushing out her dark brown curls. Her brush had soft bristles and the handle was plated in silver. Her name, engraved in the bass of it. She studied her reflection in the mirror, her creamy skin, brown locks of silk and brilliant blue eyes were pictured.

Her mother had been a big fan of Viven Leigh and her most famous movie Gone With the Wind and therefore, named her daughter Scarlet. And not only did Scarlet Johnson bare the name of the drama heroine, she strikingly resembled Viven, the real Scarlet.

As a child, Scarlet idolized Viven in her role. She had practiced and perfected her manner, her speech and her look. Her attitude had captured the attention of Kevin Richardson.

Kevin had fallen head over heels in love with Scarlet when he had seen her at a party. It had been an event where they were reopening Gone With the Wind and laughingly, he had dressed to the part of Rhett Butler. When he had walked into the premier, his eyes had once gone straight to Scarlet and he nearly fainted in shock. It was like seeing Viven Leigh standing before him.

Scarlet had been amused when they meet and he, fittingly amused when he read her part of Scarlet O'Hara. At first, he had thought she was only like thing because she was going into role for the party, however, as he grew to know her more, he realized that she indeed was like the movie character.

Still, Kevin was blinded by his love for her to notice her unhealthy obsession with the movie.

Kevin and Scarlet began to date. Things seemed to go exceedingly well for their relationship, and after a year, they moved into his mansion together.

Kevin stepped into the room where Scarlet was.

"Scarlet darlin, dinner is ready."

She put her brush down and looked at him.

"I am not hungry."

Kevin frowned. She had been acting weird for several days. Scarlet's eyes went over to her poster, the famous picture of Rhett and Scarlet, where he leaned over her.

"Scarlet, you have to eat."

She stood up fast to face him.

"I have to do no such thing."

Kevin wasn't shocked by her blow up. She had been getting mad for everything snapping at him for the slightly thing. He sighed hard.

"Darlin, you just eat a bit, then you can come back up here to your room."

"Leave Rhett." She said flouncing into her seat.

"What did you say?"

"I asked you to leave Kevin." She said turning to look away from him.

Kevin's eyes narrowed. But he exited her room and went into the large dinning room. He took a seat at the head of the table and put the linen napkin into his lap. One of his servants, Henry, came in and gave him his food.

"Scarlet will not be joining us." He told Henry.

Henry bowed, the he quietly left the room leaving Kevin to eat dinner alone.

*One Year Later*

Kevin sat outside on the patio next to Scarlet, they had married and had a young daughter. When Scarlet found out that they had a girl, she insisted that they name her Bonnie Blue.

Kevin had been confused, the name had sounded dreadfully familiar, yet Kevin could not place where exactly that he had heard the name.

Bonnie became the pride and joy of Kevin. He adored the child. He spoiled her rotten much to Scarlet's delight. He was acting exactly like Rhett had done with his own Bonnie.

Happily, Scarlet watched Rhett, that is Kevin, play out in the garden with Bonnie. She lazily fanned her face as she watched the two of them. She sighed deeply and frowned.

"Oh Ashley, my darling, if only there were some way that I could go and see you. Just to let you know how much I love you. Oh Ashley, Ashley, I long for you." She whispered upset.

She straightened up as her husband and child came over.

"Come along Scarlet, we best be getting inside for dinner." Kevin said.

She sighed and got up, following him into the house. She smiled as they entered the main room. The luminous stair case was the first thing you saw coming into the house. She knew that she was the envy of all of the other women.

"Serves them right too for being mean to me." She muttered.

"What was that dear?" Kevin asked turing to her.

"Oh nothing." She smiled and they went into the dinning hall.

Kevin took his seat and watched as she took hers. He was still quite worried about her. Her strange behavior hadn't stopped. If anything, it had worsened. He had talked to Brian the other day about what was going on and Brian suggested taking her to a doctor.

Kevin was deeply considering the notion.

"Scarlet darling, we need to talk." He said breaking the silence.

"Oh? Whatever about?"

"You have been acting....strange for a while and was wondering what is going through your mind?"

"Nothing! I am perfectly fine!" She said her temper flaring.

Kevin sighed. He had half expected this. She had been blowing up for everything.

"Scarlet, I just thought that maybe we could see a doctor to talk about what is going on in your head."

"Nothing is going through my mind that is any of your business! Now leave me alone or I'll hate you! I'll hate you until I die!" She screamed at him.

Once again her choice of words haunted him. He frowned thinking as the words and passed words whirled around in his mind.

"I want mammy!" She said breaking through his thoughts.

Suddenly it hit him. She was quoting many lines from Gone With the Wind. And Bonnie! Bonnie was named after Bonnie Blue Butler! He remembered a year ago when she had called him Rhett.

He had thought he had heard wrong but it was true. He hadn't mad a mistake.

"Scarlet my dear." He started carefully.

She looked at him.

"Where were you today? Do you go down to the mill to see Ashley?"

"Still jealous of him I see." She sniffed.

He felt a shiver go down him. He realized that Scarlet was completely out of it. She thought she was actually Scarlet O'Hara. Thought that she was living the movie as if it were real life.

The next day Kevin helped Scarlet into the car. He had told her they were going away on a trip but he actually was taking her to a doctor. He drove on, thinking about his choice. He knew that it would hurt Scarlet but he felt as if he had no choice. This must be done.

Carefully he lead her into the building.

"Where are we Rhett? I thought you were taking me to Atlanta."

"I have something to do first Scarlet darlin." He went and spoke quietly to the person at the desk.

She picked up the phone and soon, three men came out. They had come to get Scarlet.

"Rhett, where are they taking me!" She screamed trying to throw them off.

"Now Scarlet, there there it's ok they are going to help you." Kevin said calmly trying to sooth her.

"I want to go home! I WANT TO GO TO TARA! I NEED TARA!" She screamed as they dragged her out.

Kevin felt his heart breaking as he watched the men drag his wife away from him.

He took a seat and waited for the doctor to tell him what was going to happen. What did the future hold for them?

Hours went by and Kevin was slowly going insane. Finally, a door opened and his friend, Dr. James came out.

"Kevin, we are going to keep your wife."

"What exactly is wrong with her sir?" He asked, his voice horse.

"She is mentally unstable. She believes that she is Scarlet O'Hara. She was named after her, looks a great deal like her. Her mother was a huge fan of the movie when Scarlet was a child. Scarlet was made to believe that she indeed was Scarlet O'Hara. She was the role model."

Kevin let out a breath. He wondered what to do.

"We will take care of her Kevin, help her come back to us in the real world."

"May I say goodbye to her?"

"Only from the door."

Kevin got up and headed to where they were keeping his beloved. She looked up seeing him.

"I will visit you everyday. I will be here for you."

"But what will I do? What will I do without you?" She cried by the door.

"I will be back." Kevin promised.

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." Rhett answered.

Rhett disapeared through the mist as Kevin slipped out the door to return home.

"I have to make him come back." Scarlet whispered.

"I love him, he must come back." She walked to the bed in the room and sat down.

"I'll figure out a way to make him come back. I won't think about this tonight though, I will think about it tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow is a new day."

a/n might do plastic sugery in the future