- Text Size +
A.N.: Hey y'all! Hope yah enjoy this one as much as I do-lol. Plz R&R! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own myself & story idea. Carter Clan & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus (should he be mentioned). Thank-you.
Florida later that night.....

Lenore awoke from a nightmare screaming.

"NICK! NICK!"

Bob and Jane came running into Nick's room.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Jane queried.

"NICK!"

Bob pulled her into a hug. "Shh. Don't cry. He's okay. I promise."

She sniffled. "You sure Daddy?"

"Positive," Bob responded.

"You wanna call him just to make sure?" Jane questioned. "This way you'll know he's okay."

Lenore nodded "Uh-huh."

Jane picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" A voice said groggily.

"Brian? Is Nick there?"

"Yeah. But he's zonked out on top his bed."

"Could you wake him up for me please?"

"Is something wrong?"

"No. It's nothing urgent. Lenore just had a bad dream, that's all."

"Ah, I see. She needs proof he's okay, right?"

"Right."

"Give me a minute. He's hard to wake up. I'm hoping he don't swing at me again."

"Nick!" Brian called softly, shaking his best bud. "Nick! Wake-up!"

"What?" Nick groaned. "Go away."

"Your Mom's on the phone."

Nick shot straight up. "Mom? What's wrong? Is everything okay? Did something happen to someone?"

"Nothing happened. She'll explain," Brian assured him, as he handed him the phone. "I'll be in the bathroom if you need me."

Nick nodded, then spoke into the phone.

"Mom?"

"Hello Nick."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," she replied. "Lenore had a bad dream involving you and won't go back to sleep until she knows you're okay."

"Oh. Okay. Put her on."

"Here."

"Oh, Mom?"

She brought the phone back to her ear. "Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you once she's asleep. It's important."

"Okay Dear."

She passed Lenore the phone. "Here Honey."

"Nick?" Lenore asked cautiously.

"Hey Munchkin," Nick answered. "Where ya been?"

"Here," she told him. "Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you hate me?"

"No. I could never hate you, Hun."

"But Leslie said you did. So'd B.J.!" She cried. "They said that's why you never wanna talk to me."

Bob and Jane exchanged looks. Both knew she'd never lie to Nick. No. Not to her hero. Not ever.

"They were wrong to do that," Nick informed her. "I love all of you, no matter what."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you sing?"

"Um..." Nick trailed off, casting a glance at the bathroom. "Okay."

"Yay!" Lenore cheered happily.

"You can't tell anyone I sing this for you though, okay? It'll be our lil' secret, alright?"

"Kay Nick," she grinned.

"Tweedle deedle deedle dee. Tweedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dee. Tweedle deedle deedle dee. Tweedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dee. Tweet tweet. Tweet tweet. He rocks in the tree top all day long. Hoppin' and a boppin' and a singin' his song. All the little birds on day bird street, go up to Rockin' Robin going tweet tweet tweet," Nick sang. "Rockin' Robin. Tweedle deedle deedle dee. Tweedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dee. Rockin' Robin. Tweedle deedle deedle dee. Tweedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dee. Go Rockin' Robin. He's really gonna rock tonight....."

Lenore eventually fell asleep with a small smile on her face.

"Nick, I don't know what you sang to her, but thanks," Bob said into the phone. "I haven't seen her this happy in two long months."

"No problem Dad. Call me anytime if she needs me again. I don't mind singing her to sleep."

"Thanks again son," Bob said, before passing the phone to Jane.

"Now, what did you want to talk to me about Nick?" Jane questioned. "You didn't sound too happy about something."

"It's Leslie and B.J.," he began.