- Text Size +
Katrina opened her eyes, unable to focus. It was 9am and she was out all night partying with her best friend. It was a late. She stared up at her ceiling remembering what happened, smiling.

*Flashback*

“Kat come on! We’re waiting on you!” Katrina’s friend, Tierja, called up the stairs. Growling under her breath, she awaited Kat’s answer.
“I’m almost ready!” Kat called back. In her room, she was finishing her makeup and deciding on what to do with her hair. She put her contacts into her piercing blue eyes and put some black eye-liner on. She was wearing her favorite halter-top that was decorated like a bandana. She wore her black pants that were fit just for her petite 5’4” body. She had light blue Timberlands to match her shirt. She decided to throw her hair up in a clip, so it didn’t get in the way while she danced. Little strands hung down around her eyes.

Thumping down the steps, she could see Tierja with her arms crossed and her right foot tapping on the floor, impatiently. Tierja wore a cute gray top to bring out her stormy blue eyes and black pants as well.

“Finally!” Tierja exclaimed. Kat threw her arms around Tierja, knowing Tierja was annoyed with her because they were running late. To Kat it was so great to see her best friend. Tierja had hair that changed color monthly, but it usually stayed in normal colors like blonde and brown. She had her nose, eyebrow and tongue pierced. She was gorgeous and Kat was jealous. Kat on the other hand had her eyebrow and tongue done. She had gone with Tierja that day.

“Okay, okay. You win. It’s good to see you too, Katty,” Tierja sighed, knowing she couldn’t stay mad at her best friend.
“Let’s go get out groove thang on,” Kat giggled, grabbing her sweater and opening the door to her penthouse apartment. They thumped down the stairs to the main door and popped it open, bouncing to Tierja’s car.
“I want to take your car,” Tierja said.
“Why?” Kat asked.
“Well, look at your car and then look at mine,” Tierja said.
Kat glanced at her dark blue Celica and then looked at Tierja’s Jetta.
“I’m getting a new car this month,” Tierja smiled.
“Okay fine, we’ll take my car,” Kat said. She dug for her keys in her purse and pulled them out, deactivating the alarm. They got in and buckled. Kat started her engine and started to bump up “Most Girls” by Pink. Kat lit up a cigarette as Tierja reached for hers and took Kat’s lighter. The sunroof was open and their windows were open about 4 inches. The girls sang along as Kat’s car hummed down the street.

Within 20 minutes, they arrived at the club. They were pumped up and ready to go. The girls popped some gum into their mouth and Kat smiled at the bodyguard. He was a family friend so they got to enter in through the back without having to wait in line.

“I love having friends in high places,” Kat smiled with a sigh. Tierja laughed and shoved her as they reached the back door. Knocking with her fist, a bigger body guard who Kat called Tiny came to the door.

“What do you want?” He asked her, knowing exactly who she was.
“My friend and I would like to come in,” Kat said.
“No,” Tiny replied.
“What? Why?” Kat asked.
“Because I don’t want to see your face tonight,” Tiny replied, holding back a smile.
“Fuck you Tiny. Let us in please,” Kat said, getting slightly annoyed.
“Where’s my hug and kiss?” Tiny asked.
Kat smiled. “I’m sorry honey.” She wrapped her arms around his big body and gave him a kiss on his cheek while hugging him tightly. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around him.

“Come right in,” he smiled. He held the door open for Tierja and she followed Tiny. Kat, who was looking at Tierja, winked and gave her thumbs up. Tiny put Kat down at the entrance to the VIP section.

“Tiny, we need passes,” Kat said, batting her eyelashes. It was almost like she was flirting with him. Tierja rolled her eyes, but knew that if Kat wasn’t how she was that they wouldn’t have everything they have. Tiny pulled two passes out of his pocket and put it around both of their necks. Kat smiled and kissed him on his cheek and they walked into the VIP lounge. Kat shook her butt a little bit as she walked over to the bar. Smiling at the bartender, he handed her a coke.

“We just got here and already you’re drinking,” Tierja said.
“It’s not alcoholic, Tier, calm down,” Kat said, putting the coke up to her nose. Kat heard her song coming on through the speakers of the main club. Grabbing Tier, she handed the bartender her soda and they skipped out to the dance floor. Kat put her hands up in the air as her favorite song played over the speakers. It was a reggaeton remix, so it made her even happier. It was “Tempted to Touch” by Rupee. Kat closed her eyes and smiled as she danced to the music playing. She danced to the beat and as she was dancing, she felt a pair of hands on her waist. She could feel a guy get close to her and she could feel his waist against her butt. Tierja was in front of her, dancing with another guy. Kat looked at her, which usually means that the other is asking if the guy is hot. Tierja’s eyes widened and she nodded heavily. Kat smiled and wrapped her arms around the back of his neck as he danced in back of her. She could feel a beard.

I don’t like beards, but I think I’ll get over it, Kat thought to herself.

She circled her hips and he followed her rhythm. The song changed to “Turn Me On” by Kevin Lyttle and Kat smiled again. She turned around to face the guy she was dancing with. She was speechless. He was absolutely gorgeous! He had chocolate brown eyes and short curly hair. His heard looked shaped up, but good for his face. He was muscular, but thin and maybe about 5’9”. He smiled at her, and she smiled back, wrapping her arms around his neck as their hips grinded together. She grinded against him very closely and he held her waist. She did her favorite body wave move and his jaw dropped and he smiled at the same time. She did the same and continued to dance. Before she knew it, there was another man behind her. She turned her head to look and it was an older guy, obviously drunk.

“Get off me!” she yelled at him.
“Come on baby! Let’s dance! Shake that ass for me!” he replied back. Kat looked over towards the wall. Tiny was there. She waved him over as the guy she was originally dancing with stopped dancing and looked as if he was getting mad.
“Didn’t you hear her? She doesn’t want to dance with you, asshole!” he growled. The drunk guy flipped him off. Chocolate Eyes shoved the drunk and Tiny ran over to separate them.
“You! Out! Now!” Tiny yelled at Chocolate eyes.
“No! Tiny, he didn’t do anything! He was trying to get that drunk fuck off of me!” Kat exclaimed.
“Kat, I’m sorry but he can’t stay here. He pushed that guy,” Tiny said, sincerely. Kat growled and stormed off into the VIP lounge to get her purse.

She saw Chocolate eyes standing outside smoking a cigarette. She pushed the door to the club open and she joined him, lighting up her own cigarette.
“I’m sorry,” Kat said, exhaling.
“Don’t be. It’s okay. I was in there for a few hours already,” he said with a shrug.
“My name is Katrina,” she said, putting her cigarette in her mouth and sticking out her right hand.
“AJ,” he replied with a smile, taking her hand.

There was a spark that went through the both of them, and it was not a static shock. When they let go, she took a drag of her cigarette and grabbed it with her hand.

“Where is your friend?” AJ asked, breaking the silence.

He felt it too, she thought to herself.

“Tierja? Probably still inside, confused as to where I went. I’ll be back. Please don’t leave,” Kat said. AJ nodded his head and Kat went inside, first going to the VIP lounge to see if Tierja was there. She was sitting in the VIP lounge with the guy she was dancing with. She noticed that he was very broad, tall, dark and handsome.

“Hey Kat!” Tierja smiled.
“Hey girl. AJ and I are outside. Tiny kicked him out, so we’re either going to leave or just sit outside. If anything we’ll take a drive to a restaurant or something. Just call my cellular when you want a ride,” Kat replied.
“Okay!” Tierja smiled. She got up and hugged her best friend.
“Who is he? He’s hot!” Kat whispered into her ear.
“His name is Kevin,” Tierja smiled.
“Have fun, but be careful,” Kat smiled, letting go of her friend.
“I will,” Tierja smiled.
Kat waved to Kevin. “Bye!”