- Text Size +
Kat left the club and met AJ back outside. He was sitting on the curb, hands linked together and staring up at the clear night sky.

“You ready?” Kat asked.
“Where are we going?” AJ asked.
“Anywhere. Let’s just go,” Kat smiled. She helped him up and they walked over to her car.
“Nice car,” AJ smiled, running his fingertips along the side.
“Thank you,” Kat smiled. She deactivated the alarm and unlocked the doors. AJ opened the door and got in. She started the car and it hummed. Clicking the radio on, she buckled her seatbelt and looked at AJ. He was buckled in, so she put the car in reverse, pulled out of the parking spot and put it back into drive. She steered out of the parking lot and headed towards a McDonalds that was still open at 1am.

“You don’t mind McDonalds, do you?” she asked.
He gave her a blank stare. “Wow. No, I love McDonalds.”

She doesn’t even know who I am. Maybe that’s a good thing, he thought.

“Good,” she smiled. They exited the car and she activated the alarm on it. They entered McDonalds and stood in line before ordering.
“Can I get a #3, quarter pounder with cheese and a large iced tea with no lemon and a large coke?”AJ asked. “What do you want?”
“Chicken Selects and a medium Coke,” Kat replied. AJ pulled out his wallet and put a $10 on the counter.
“Oh you don’t have to do that,” Kat said, feeling bad.
“Sure I do,” AJ said.
“Why?” Kat asked.
“Because you’re beautiful,” AJ said, putting a hand on her waist and kissing her cheek.
“Shut up,” Kat said, feeling her ears become hot and her face turn dark red.
“What? It’s true,” he said.
Kat grabbed her food and drink with a grin and went to a table. AJ followed behind her. He sat across from her and opened up his burger and took a bite.

“So if you don’t mind me asking,” he said before taking a sip of his iced tea. “How old are you?”
“I’m 23,” she replied nonchalantly.
“Cool, I’m 25,” he replied.
“Old fart,” Kat mumbled with a grin as she took a bite of one of her Chicken Selects. AJ took a fry and tossed it at her. She giggled, picked it up and put it into her mouth.

“Hey! I wanted that fry!” he exclaimed.
“Well if you wanted it, you shouldn’t have thrown it at me,” she grinned. He made a pout face and crossed his arms.
“I wanted that one!” he pouted.
“Awwww,” she cooed. She took one of her own fries and handed it to him. “Want this one?”
“No!” he refused. She got up and sat in the same booth as him and he turned his face away from her. He was grinning and he didn’t want her to see it. She slithered her arm around his waist and gently kissed his neck.

“Don’t do that,” he shuddered, slightly scooting away from him.
“Sorry. I’m too short to reach your cheek,” she said. She sat herself up more and reached over, kissing him on his cheek. “Are you done pouting?”
“Yes,” he grinned. She lightly hit him on the arm and walked back over to her side of the table.

They were finished eating and they got back into Kat’s car. Kat had decided that she was going to head back to the club to see if Tierja was still there. She wasn’t sure, so she just parked.

“Well what do you want to do now? It’s 2:15 in the morning,” Kat asked, looking at AJ.
“I don’t know. You wanna go back to your place and watch movies? I’m not tired at all! I’m so wired,” he said.
“Sure,” She smiled. She pulled out of the parking lot and drove back to her cute little apartment.

She got back to her apartment and they got out of the car. She activated the alarm and pulled her keys out of her purse. The lock was being a pain in the ass.

“I gotta get this thing fixed,” she mumbled. Finally it opened. She opened the door and stepped inside. AJ closed the door behind him as Kat walked up the stairs. He followed her and noticed her ass in his face. Grinning, he pinched it.

“Ah! Hey! That’s my ass you just pinched!” She exclaimed.
“I know. I like it,” he grinned.
“Welcome to my humble abode,” she said.
“Wow! Nice place!” AJ said.

He admired everything about the place. The walls were two different colors. Top half was white, bottom half was dark blue. In the middle that separated the two colors was a thin silver strip. Her furniture was all mahogany, and everything blended together. She had two levels which consisted of the main area that they were in and then there was the upstairs where the bedrooms were.

“Thanks,” she smiled. “It’s comfortable, so that’s enough for me.”
He walked towards the living room and looked around. “Give me a tour?”
“Sure,” she smiled. She stretched out her arm to expose her hand to him. He smiled and took it as their fingers interlocked together. She walked towards the kitchen and showed him. It wasn’t a huge kitchen, but it was comfortable. There was a doorway that led to a hallway. Every room was connected but there was one main hallway that you could enter and exit out of. The farthest room to the back was really just a sitting room that had a little studio connected to it. There was a huge window that had a view of Los Angeles. The studio was soundproof, so Kat could bang and bang and no one would hear anything.

“That’s my house,” she replied, walking down the hall way with him.
“What about your room?” he grinned.
“Very funny, but you’re not ready for that yet,” she smiled. “But that was a nice try.”
“Thanks. I thought it up all night,” he grinned. She laughed and rolled her eyes, leading him back into the living room. They took their shoes off and sat down on the couch. The couch was one of her favorite things in the house. It was so comfortable. She flipped on the TV and started to channel surf until something caught their attention.

“You want to watch a DVD?” she asked.
“Sure. What do you have?” he asked. She got up off the couch and pulled out the drawer filled with DVDs. He knelt beside her and looked through them.
“This!” he exclaimed with a smile. He held “Without a Paddle” in his hands. She took the DVD case from him, opened it, took out the DVD and put it into the DVD player. They walked back to the couch and sat down and she turned the TV to the DVD channel. She hit play and the movie started.

Within an hour of the movie, Kat’s intercom went off. Sighing, she got up and hit the talk button.
“What do you want at 3:30 in the morning?” she asked, annoyed.
“Kat open up!” Tierja’s voice called through the intercom.
“Are you okay?” Kat asked.
“Kat just please open up! It’s an emergency!” Tierja exclaimed.
“Coming!” Kat exclaimed. She was worried now. She trotted down the stairs and opened the door for Tierja. It was pouring rain outside.
“What happened?” Kat asked.
“Kevin and I were sitting in the club and talking and we decided to leave. It was pouring rain and his car wouldn’t start. He left his lights on and so the battery was dead. My cell phone died and I didn’t know where else to go,” Tierja said, feeling as if she was going to cry.
“Come in, come in,” Kat said, letting them inside. “I’ll find you both clothes. Take your shoes and socks off by the door.” She ran back up the stairs and told AJ to pause the movie. She ran upstairs into her bedroom and pulled out PJs for Tierja. She wasn’t sure what she could find for Kevin, so she grabbed her ex-boyfriends jersey, boxers and found her own pair of South One sweats. She came back downstairs and handed them the clothing. They both went to change.
“Hey! I don’t want any hanky panky in my bathroom!” Kat exclaimed.
“Shut up KitKat!” Tier called in a sing-song voice that trailed through the hallway.

Within a minute or two, they came back out.
“Hang your wet clothes over the bathtub to let them dry. I’ll throw them into the washing machine in the morning,” Kat said. She sat back down on the couch and snuggled up next to AJ.
“Waddup dawg,” Kevin said to AJ, reaching out to give him dap.
“Sup,” he said.
“Oh you know each other. Ha, silly me,” Kat said, being sarcastic.
“Yeah. We’ve known each other for about 12 years now,” Kevin replied.
“Damn!” Kat and Tierja said in unison. The boys smiled and Kevin sat down, getting comfortable in the love seat.

“What are you watching?” Tierja asked.
“Without a Paddle. It’s close to being over though. When it ends, I am going to sleep,” Kat said.
“Yeah, I’m getting sleepy,” AJ replied.

Five minutes later, Kat glanced at Kevin and Tierja, and they were asleep. Kevin was laying on the love seat in a sitting position, however he was laying on the loveseat, and Tierja was laying on top of him with her head on his shoulder. They were peaceful.

“Come on,” Kat whispered, shutting off the movie. She took AJ’s hand and they walked up stairs. It was about 4am and when he entered her room, he walked to her bed and collapsed.
“You want something to sleep in?” she asked. “I probably have another pair of sweats you can borrow.”
“Sure. Thanks babe,” AJ replied. She dug through her dresser and found another pair of South One sweat pants. She tossed them at him and grabbed her PJs. They were cute. They were blue with white bunnies on it.
“Cute,” he said to her as she came out of her bathroom. He was already under the covers. She smiled and crawled into bed and under her covers. She noticed that he had no shirt on. She couldn’t help but look him up and down.

Damn…he’s sexy, she thought to herself, pulling her eyes away from his body.

AJ laid flat with his right hand behind his head. The other was underneath the covers, hand in hand with Kat. She turned to rest on her elbow, facing him. He did the same to face her. With their free hands they played with each others hands before they finally linked them.

“I don’t know what it is, Kat,” he said, looking into her eyes.
“You feel it too?” She asked. He nodded his head.
“I’ve never felt so strongly about someone when I just met them. Not only that, I never though you would even talk to me!” he said.
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“Well, when I went to dance with you, it took me time to actually get the nerve to do it. Usually I’ll go up to a chick and dance with her, but with you it was different. I was actually shy. Kevin was telling me to go. He proved that it would have been easy by going to dance with Tierja. I was shy, and that’s really unusual. I thought you were going to turn around and slap me,” he said, his face turning pink.
“I hadn’t even seen you. I’m glad you came to dance with me though,” she smiled.
“Me too,” he replied. He slightly leaned in closer to her. “Katrina?”
“Yes?” she replied.
“Can I kiss you?” he asked.

Oh my god! Finally! I’ve been waiting all damn night! She thought.

She lowered her head to look down at the bed and she bit her bottom lip. He took his finger and lifted her chin to look at him. He had his eyebrows raised a little bit as if to ask her again. She gave him a small smile. He leaned in closer and lightly kissed her lips. They shared a sweet kiss. He deepened it by pulling her closer to him and linking their legs together. He laid her down on her beck, still kissing her. She found herself wrapping her arms around his neck.

All they did was kiss. Within a few minutes, it ended. They knew it was going to get too heavy for them.

“Does this mean I am going to be seeing you again?” Kat asked.
“Definitely,” he replied. He kissed her one more time before rolling onto his back. She cuddled closer to him.
“Goodnight,” she said.
“Night baby,” he replied. He kissed the top of her head before shutting his eyes and slowly they drifted to sleep.