- Text Size +
*Present*

Kat looked over and saw him. He looked so peaceful. She didn’t want to wake him, so she slowly crept out of bed and into her bathroom.

Locking the door, she stripped down and got into the shower.

Within 15 minutes she was finished. Wrapping herself in her towel, she snuck out into her bedroom and grabbed come clothes from her dresser. She walked back into her bathroom, dropped the towel and got dressed. She decided to wear her jean shorts and a light blue tank top. She threw her hair up in a clip and went downstairs, closing her bedroom door behind her.

She came down the stairs only to find Tierja in her kitchen and Kevin still asleep on the couch.

“Morning,” Kat said in a slight whisper.
“Morning,” Tierja replied. They greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek.
“What are you making?” Kat asked.
“Pancakes,” Tierja smiled.
“I didn’t know I had the stuff for it, but hey. I never make my own food, so it’s whatever,” Kat laughed, trying to be quiet.
“So tell me what happened when we fell asleep,” Tierja whispered.
“Nothing really happened. We just both agreed that there is something there for us and we ended up making out for a few minutes before we went to sleep,” Kat grinned.
“Aww! That’s cute!” Tierja smiled.
“What about you?” Kat asked.
“The same thing with us. Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean,” Tierja smiled.
“It looks like now we finally have honeys,” Kat smiled.
“Yes you do,” AJ said as he came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. His hair was a mess and he had marks from where he slept all over his chest and face.
“Morning sleepyhead,” Kat smiled, walking over to him and giving him a quick kiss. “There are towels in the closet across from my room if you want to take a shower. I’ll throw yours, Kevins and Tierja’s clothes into the wash before you put them back in. Actually, Tier, you have clothes here from when you stay the night. Just go upstairs to my room if you want them. There are three bathrooms. One in my room, one on the second floor and one on this floor,” Kat explained.
“Okay,” AJ nodded. "You want to come with me?" She raised her eyebrows at him and laughed. Laighing, he kissed her and walked back into the living room, throwing a pillow at Kevin before trotting up the stairs. AJ jumped into the shower.

Kevin woke up and came into the kitchen, greeting Tierja by wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and kissing her neck.
“Good morning baby,” she smiled.
“Morning,” he replied.
“I just gave the shower speech, it’s your turn Tier,” Kat giggled as she took over the pancakes for her.
“There are towels in the closet downstairs. You can shower down here and Kat will throw clothes in the wash on EXPRESS so they’ll clean quicker,” Tier said to him. He nodded his head and left to the bathroom downstairs. He jumped into the shower.

Within half an hour, the pancakes were done. There were a ton stacked up, warm, and ready to be eaten. The boys were out of the shower and were seated at Kat’s kitchen table. Tierja poured them some orange juice and put 3 pancakes on everyone’s plate.

“Thank you for this, girls,” Kevin said.
“Oh it’s no problem. My door is always open if you guys need a place to stay for a few days or whatever,” Kat smiled, cutting a piece of pancake and putting it into her mouth.
“I’ll keep that in mind,” AJ said, with a slight grin and looking at her from the corner of his eye. She nudged him with her leg and continued to eat.
“I usually don’t cook, so if you end up staying here, expect to have a lot of delivery or going out,” Kat said, taking a tip of her orange juice.
AJ leaned over to her, kissed her on the cheek and whispered to her, “I don’t care, as long as I can spend time with you.”
She blushed and continued to eat.

They were finished eating and Kat gave AJ and Kevin toothbrushes so they could brush teeth. Tierja had one there at her house already.
Kat grabbed her pack of cigarettes, took one and her lighter out of it and went outside onto her balcony. There were a couple of chairs there, so she sat in one and put her feet up on the railing. She sparked up her cigarette and just stared out the scenery. The balcony was an add-on from the room where you could see a view of Los Angeles. She took a drag and then exhaled. Tierja came out onto the balcony with the same idea she had had.

“You okay?” Tierja asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Kat lied.
“You’re lying. You know I know you better than that, Kitty,” Tierja said.
“Yeah you do. I just got some stuff on my mind, that’s all,” Kat shrugged.
“Like what?” Tierja asked.
“Well, what if AJ and Kevin are just passing through? What if we never see them again?” Kat asked.
“Don’t say that, Katrina. Kevin told me that they live in LA. They are in some music group or whatever, so they’re not around much, but we’re allowed to go with them if we wanted to,” Tierja said to her, putting her arm around her best friend.
Kat rested her head on Tierja’s shoulder. “I couldn’t stand being away from AJ.”
“Honey, you just met him,” Tierja said.
“I know. It’s weird and awkward and way too soon, but I feel something really strong there. I don’t know what it is, but there is something very strong there,” Kat said.
“I know how you feel,” Tierja sighed, resting her head on top of Kat’s.
“You feel it with Kevin?” Kat asked.
“Yeah, I just don’t know if he feels the same way,” Tierja said.
“Are we in love with them, Tier?” Kat asked.
“You can’t ask me that, hun. I don’t know. I know I am starting to fall for Kevin,” Tierja said with a sigh.
“I don’t want to be in love. I’m scared to be in love because of Brian,” Kat said, feeling as if she could cry. Tierja lifted her head off of Kats head and made her look at her.
“Don’t let Brian ruin your life. That’s done and over. He fucked you over, yes, but you’re stronger now. He made you stronger. It’s kind of like that damn Britney Spears’ song. Be in love. Don’t be afraid to be in love, Katrina. Do you hear me?” Tier said. Kat nodded her head and finished her cigarette off.
“I think you should talk to Kevin, and I’m going to talk to AJ. I mean I feel like we’ve known them forever and we’ve been dating them for so long,” Kat said, ashing out her cigarette into the ashtray.
“Not yet. Give it some time. See if you and AJ are really compatible,” Tierja said.
“Yeah,” Kat nodded. She kissed her best friend on the cheek and got up, walking inside. AJ was sitting on the couch watching TV, so Kat joined him, leaning against him. He kissed her on the top of the head and wrapped his arm around her. She kissed his arm and filled the spaces between his fingers with her own. It felt so right to her. She had never felt so safe in her life.

The four of them spent the day just lounging around, not really doing anything but joking around, watching movies and snacking on the crap that Kat had in her house.

“Let’s go swimming,” AJ said to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.
“Well you don’t have a bathing suit,” Kat said.
AJ just grinned at her.
“AJ! No way!” Kat laughed. Tierja and Kevin went out to dinner, so it was just the two of them.
“So then let’s go take a walk around town,” AJ suggested to her. She smiled and he took her hand. Grabbing her sweater and keys, they left the house. Their hands locked together as they began to walk around. They reached a park that Kat liked to go to sometimes to think that was right by the beach. They walked through it and walked straight out to the pier to watch the water and the sky. It was a gorgeous clear night.

“I think we need to talk,” AJ said as he faced her and took her hands in his.
Oh God. He’s going to tell me that he never wants to see me again. He has a girlfriend. He doesn’t want me like this, she thought in a panic.
“What about?” Kat asked, trying to hide the worry in her voice.
“About this thing we have. What happened and everything,” AJ said.
Oh shit here it comes, Kat thought.
“What do you mean?” Kat asked.
“Katrina, I’m AJ McLean of the Backstreet Boys. We leave to start our club tour soon. I mean it’s only a couple of weeks, but I am not going to be here,” he said to her.
“You’re who?” She asked as if she hadn’t heard him correctly.
“Alexander James McLean,” he replied.
“I knew I knew you from somewhere. I have some things to tell you, too. Let’s go back to my house,” Kat smiled.
AJ McLean. Wow. I’m in love with AJ McLean! She thought to herself with a smile.

Arriving back to her house, Kat unlocked the door and they walked in. They went up the steps and then went into her work office. In it was a computer and a bunch of bookshelves. She turned her computer on and let it load.

“Now, what I am about to show you is something that is top secret. Nobody has all of this, except me. I knew who you were, and so did Tierja. We tried to play it off because we wanted to get to know you on a personal level as you, not the Backstreet Boy,” Kat said. AJ pulled up a chair next to her.
“Close your eyes,” she said. He shut his chocolate eyes and Kat opened up her music player. She clicked a song and it started to play.
“Washed away my sad face…you flooded all my empty space…You take away life’s heart break…And I know with you it’s going to be okay…”
“How the hell do you have that?!” AJ asked, astonished.
“My friend sent me files. He’s friends with Howie’s cousin. I have some other files from your new album. No one has them, and only Tierja has heard them,” Kat said to him, playing him another song.
“Kat, will you come with us?” AJ asked.
“Where?” Kat asked.
“Come on tour with us. This club tour, but this world tour too,” AJ said.
“I’d love to,” she smiled. He smiled at her, brought her closer to him and kissed her.
“We do need to talk. I think we need to talk about us and get to know each other better,” AJ said.
“I agree,” she replied. They kissed again.