- Text Size +
A couple days went by and the two of them, plus Tierja and Kevin all got to know each other. But now it was time for Kevin and AJ to leave for their club tour. The girls were packing to leave. The Backstreet Boys had interviews to go to before they started their club tour and so the girls couldn’t get to them until March 21 when they were in New York. AJ had sent a limo to Kat’s house to get them and take them to the airport.

“I can’t believe we’re going to New York!” Tierja smiled.
“I know, me too!” Kat said. They threw their arms around each other.

Seconds later, they heard a car horn. The limo was outside and waiting. They grabbed their things that they knew they would need for the carry-on and dragged their luggage down the stairs. The chauffer picked up their bags and put them in the trunk of the limo.

Arriving at LAX, the girls checked in and found the gate number that they were at. Their plane was just boarding. They were boarding last because they were in first-class.

“Man, AJ really didn’t have to do all of this,” Kat said as she admired first-class.
“Yes he did. He loves you,” Tierja said.
“We don’t know that, Tier. Don’t go saying that,” Kat said. Tier shrugged and put on her headphones. Kat did the same but pulled out her paper and pen and started to write.

Six hours later, the plane landed in Newark airport. They didn’t land in JFK or LaGuardia because it was too crowded and they didn’t have direct flights. The girls got up out of their seats and right through the terminal. They went to baggage claim and got their things. There was a man standing with their names written on a sign for them.

“That’s us,” Tierja said to the man. He tilted his hat to them and snapped for someone to help them with their bags. Their bags were taken from them and they were led to the limo that was waiting outside for them. Their luggage was put into the trunk and the door was held open for them. Tierja got in and then Kat followed her.

Hanging from the ceiling there was a note from Kevin and AJ.

Hello our beautiful ladies.
Right now you’re probably wondering where you’re going, huh? Well you’re being taken directly to the hotel where you have an hour to shower up and dress and whatever you please. But you have an hour. We put you in the nicest suite in the hotel. We miss you and hope you are enjoying yourself thus far. After an hour has passed, be waiting in the lobby for your driver to come in and get you. Go with him.
We’ll see you later.
Kevin & AJ


The girls smiled and couldn’t wait to see their boys. They held each others hands as the limo started driving off to the hotel. They were staying, they guessed, in the same hotel as the guys were.
Half an hour later, their limo stopped. They had arrived. Their luggage was taken from the limo and they were directed inside. Everyone was taken care of. They were handed keys to their room and they went towards the elevator. Their room was on the 14th floor, which they didn’t 100% like, but they knew they would deal with it because they figured that the boys were on the same floor. Their suite was the last one at the end of the hall. It had two floors to it with two bathrooms.

As soon as they entered their suite, the girls threw their suitcases on the bed and picked out clothes to wear and grabbed their shower stuff.

“I’ll take the top bathroom,” Kat said. Tierja nodded and walked towards the bathroom. Kat walked upstairs and into the bathroom.

Within half an hour, both girls were out of their showers and getting dressed. Tierja wore her favorite blue-gray shirt with her blue jeans and boots. She was just applying a little bit of makeup and fussing with her hair.

“Leave it down,” Kat suggested with a smile.
“You think so?” Tierja asked, looking in the mirror.
“Yes,” Kat smiled. She picked up her favorite black top and her favorite jeans with her black timberlands. She applied a little bit of makeup and threw her hair up in a clip. She made it a half ponytail. Her hair was dark blonde and really long.

There was a knock at their door. Kat raised an eyebrow and walked to the door, opening it. It was the bellboy asking them if they were ready to go. The girls nodded and grabbed their jackets. It was cold out in New York. They got into the elevator to go to the lobby and then out to the limo.

“I wonder where we’re going,” Kat said.
“Well, I guess we’re going to one of their interviews,” Tierja said. “It’s too early for a show.”
“That’s true,” Kat said.

Within a couple of minutes, they had arrived wherever they were meeting the boys.
“The empire state building? Why are we here?” Tierja asked.
“We’ll find out soon enough,” Kat said. They were escorted inside. They could see a line of girls at the bottom of the building, so they knew their boys were there, but didn’t know why.
“What’s going on?” Kat asked one of the frantic girls.
“THE BACKSTREET BOYS!” the girl screamed. Kat’s eyes widened and followed Tierja inside.
“Apparently our boys are in here,” she whispered to Tierja. Tierja smiled at her and they walked inside. They were led to the elevator and taken to the top floor. There was a sign at the top that said Z100 on it. The girls were right. The boys were doing an interview. The guard handed them passes and then he opened the door.

“Someone is here,” they heard a guy say. The girls quietly walked to the back where they were pointed to go.
“Oh my god!” AJ exclaimed. He got up out of his seat and ran over to Kat, hugging her tightly. Kevin did the same.

“Two girls just walked in. Presumably they are friends of AJ and Kevin,” a chubby blonde guy with headphones said. Kat and AJs lips pressed together.
“Scratch the friends thing,” the DJ said. The girls were led by their boys to sit down with them. AJ linked his hand with Kat’s and Kevin did the same.
Silence.
“And who are these lovely ladies?” the DJ with a name tag that said “Cubby” on it asked.
“These are the two most amazing girls in the world,” AJ said, kissing Kat on the cheek.
“This is my girl Tierja,” Kevin said, putting an arm around Tierja and holding her hand with his free hand.
“And this is my baby Katrina,” AJ said with a smile. The girls could feel their faces turning red.
“It’s nice to meet you girls. My name is Paul “Cubby” Bryant. I’m a ZJ here at Z100. I’ve been here for about 20 minutes with the boys just doing some questions and whatnot,” he said, shaking their hands.
“Hi. It’s nice to meet you too,” Kat smiled.
“The same,” Tierja said.
“Kevin your girl is so full of words,” Cubby cracked. The crowd of girls laughed.
“Kevin and I just want to say one thing. We don’t want our fans bashing on these girls. They’re the sweetest and kindest girls you could ever meet. We’ve only been seeing them for a week or two, but we can already say that they mean the world to us. Please, just show respect to them. They love you just as much as we do, and we hope you’ll accept them,” AJ said.
“We don’t think you will bash on them, but we just want to be careful. We were scared to bring them here and keep them secret, but we wanted to be honest with our fans,” Kevin said. The girls clapped their hands and cheered. One of the girls was raising their hand, calling out to Cubby.
“Hang on, I think someone has a question,” he said. He called the girl over and she got up and walked over to Cubby.
“Hey girls, hey guys! I just wanted to say that you both are so beautiful. You’re lucky to have such great guys. I think I can speak for a lot of girls in here when I say that they’re welcomed by your fans. Welcome to the land of Backstreet,” the girl smiled. Every girl in the room cheered and clapped. Kat and Tierja smiled, got up and hugged the girl.
“Thank you,” the girls said in unison. Kat sat back down and leaned against AJ and he wrapped an arm around her, kissing her forehead. The fans cooed.

The interview ended and the boys signed some autographs. One of the girls who looked about 16 years old came over to Kat and Tierja and asked for their autographs as well. The boys waved to their fans and left the building, exiting through the back.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” Kevin said, kissing Tierja.
“I am too. I missed you so much,” Tierja smiled.
“We’ve got to talk,” AJ whispered into Kat’s ear before kissing her neck.
“Okay,” she replied.