- Text Size +
They all arrived at the hotel. The boys had some time before they had to go to sound check for the show that night, so they decided to spend it together at the hotel. AJ and Kat wandered off from everyone. They only had about an hour, so AJ knew that it was not enough time for them to talk and get everything out, so he made sure to talk to her that night after the show.

They all decided to get there early so they could all just relax at the club. AJ kept Kat close by him at all times. She didn’t mind it, so she didn’t complain.

It was time for them to do their sound check. Kat and Tierja just sat in the back by the bars of the club, sipping on Pepsi while listening to them.

“I never knew they were so good,” Tierja said.
Kat was hypnotized by AJ’s voice. “I know.”
“Your man is pretty damn good,” Tierja smiled.
Kat just sighed happily. She was completely lost in AJ. His voice captured her like nothing had ever captured her before. He stared at her as he sang words to the song.

God she’s beautiful, he thought to himself.

She smiled and watched him singing, and he could feel his heart banging against his chest.

Slowly she could feel the world freezing around just the two of him as he sang, staring into her eyes.

The sound check ended and they all went back to a restaurant near by to grab some food before the show. They were seated in the back so they could all eat peacefully. The boys loved their fans to the fullest, but there were those times that they wanted to eat in peace or have some time to themselves.

“So are you guys excited about the show tonight?” Kat asked.
“Hell yeah! I love performing. If I don’t perform, I am basically climbing the walls and pulling my hair out. I love it,” AJ replied, putting an arm around his girl.

Dinner ended and it was about time that they all had to get ready to go to the club to practice one more time. By the time the concert was to start, they knew they would all be relaxed and ready to go.

The concert had been going on for about an hour and they were breaking into their love ballads. Tierja and Kat were both in the front of the crowd. Every so often, AJ would kneel in front of her, grab her hand and kiss it, or sing romantic lines to her, put his hand to his heart and sing to her, etc. when they were singing their ballads. Kevin would do the same for Tierja. He even danced in front of her.

As the introduction to I’ll Never Break Your Heart came through the speakers, Kat and Tierja gripped each others hands. Kevin and AJ looked at each other as they all harmonized and grinned. They walked over to Tierja and Kat and grabbed their hands. They pulled them onto stage. Hugging her close and dancing with her, AJ sang into Kat’s ear and Kevin did the same, holding his girl close to him. The girls’ hearts were soaring through the club, beating faster than ever. They knew they got good guys this time around.

The song ended and Kevin waved for the band to stop playing.

“What’s up New York!” Kevin called out. He gripped onto Tierja’s hand. Fans cheered and screamed.
“Kevin, the guys, and I all just want to thank you for all of your support over the past 12 years. Without you, we’d be nothing!” AJ screamed out, holding Kat close to him. “We just hope you will continue to be so supportive as Kevin and I embark in new relationships with these two beautiful ladies here on stage with us.”
“This is Tierja,” Kevin said, kissing her on her temple.
“And this lovely lady is my Katrina,” AJ said, kissing her on her neck. The fans went silent.
Tierja and Kat let go of their men and walked to the front of the stage, smiled and waved ecstatically. Fans screamed.

The concert ended and Tierja and Kat were escorted backstage to where the boys were leaving to go to their vans. AJ extended his hand to Kat and she grabbed it, running to his van with him. Tierja did the same with Kevin. As soon as the doors closed in the van, Kevin rolled down the window to wave to his fans. Once they left the area, Kevin rolled up the window and brought Tierja close to him. He kissed her deeply.

Once they arrived at the hotel, AJ grabbed Kat’s hand and ran into the back entry of the hotel and scurried to AJ’s room. Earlier, AJ had said he wanted to talk to Kat so she figured it was time. Although it irked her, she let him take his time.

Meanwhile, Tierja and Kevin were sitting at the café. They were talking and laughing as if they had known one another for years. It wasn’t anywhere near that. However, there was an instant connection between the two of them.

“How did you like the show?” Kevin asked.
“I loved it!” Tierja smiled. Kevin put an arm around her and kissed her temple.
“Yeah, you know you liked the little bit that AJ and I did for you,” Kevin smiled.
If only you do shit like that in private, she giggled to herself.

~*~*~*~

Back in AJ’s room, they were outside on the porch smoking a cigarette and talking.

“Katrina. There’s something I have to tell you,” AJ said.
“It better not be that you’re gay!” she exclaimed.
“Hell no! But seriously, I do have something to talk to you about,” he said.
“What is it?” she asked him.
“About us,” he said, flicking his cigarette.
“Okay,” she said.
AJ sat on the cement and faced her, tugging at her shirt for her to sit in front of him.
“Baby, all of this is so new and so quick for me. I mean, I meet you not too long ago and, I mean, I will be honest. I don’t usually call girls back or date them too seriously due to touring. But Katrina, there is something about you,” he said. He was going to continue talking, but he was interrupted by his cell phone.

“Damn it!” he grunted. He got up and answered it.
“Hey sweetie!” Denise’s voice rang through the phone.
“Hey ma!” AJ said with a big smile on his face.
Aww! He gets so cute about his mother calling! AJ smiled. AJ held his index finger up to Kat as if he was saying “one minute” to her.
“Alex? What is this I am hearing about a new girlfriend?” Denise asked.
“Yeah! Mom you will love her!” AJ smiled.
“Alex what did I tell you about those random girls you meet at clubs?” Denise asked.
“No mom - this one is different. She’s kind of straight-edge,” AJ said.
“Just be careful, sweetheart,” Denise said. “I don’t want another Sarah.”
“I am,” AJ said.

They exchanged their I love you’s and hung up. However, seconds later, AJ’s phone rang again.
“Yes mother?” he asked, trying to be a smartass.
“Open the door!” Denise said.

AJ hung up his phone and walked towards the door. He looked through the peep hole and saw his mother with a big smile on her face.
“Mom!” AJ exclaimed, throwing his arms around her.
“Hey sweetpea!” she smiled, returning his embrace.

Kat emerged from the balcony, standing in the glass doorway. She had her hair hanging around her shoulders and she was wearing her South Pole Sweats and a black t-shirt.

“Oh! Mama, this is Katrina. Kat, this is my mom, Denise,” AJ said, introducing the two.
“Hi,” Denise said, only half interested.
“Hello,” Kat said with a small smile. “I think I am just going to go.”
“No! Stay!” AJ said, holding onto her waist.
“Nah. You and your mother have a lot to catch up on. I’m just going to go lay down or something,” Kat said. She pecked his lips. “It was nice meeting you.”
“You too,” Denise said, completely uninterested.

Kat walked out of AJ’s room and went down the hall to her room. She put the key in and as soon as she opened the door, she closed it. She had walked in on Tierja and Kevin.

God, I can’t even go to my own room. Now where am I going to go? She asked herself.

She decided to go out the back where the pool was. She sparked a cigarette and tossed her lighter on the table beside her. She could hear two people arguing in windows a couple floors above her.

“Why do you have to be like that ma?” AJ asked.
“I don’t trust her,” Denise said nonchalantly.
“You don’t even know her!” AJ exclaimed.
“I don’t have to know her,” Denise shrugged.
“Ma,” AJ said.
“Forget it Alex. I want her to go home,” Denise said.
“No! You need to leave!” AJ growled.

Well I think I need to leave, Kat thought with pain in her heart.

She got up and began walking towards the lobby from the pool.

“Ma! I love her!” AJ screamed at his mother.
“You don’t even know her, Alex,” Denise said to him.
“I know her enough to know that I love her mom,” AJ protested. He put his hands to his head and took a deep breath.
“Can you please leave?” AJ asked. Denise nodded her head and left AJ’s suite.

Kat was just wandering around the hotel before she got fed up with annoyance. She got upstairs and barged into her room.

“Sorry to interrupt, but don’t you think you could do this in your own room, Kevin?” she asked. The two nodded and left. Kat grabbed her suitcase and started to pack her things to go home.
“I don’t belong here,” she said.

An hour had passed and Kat had fallen asleep on her bed. She was done packing and she had laid down to watch TV. When she woke up it was just about 7am. She grabbed a piece of the hotel stationary and wrote AJ a note.

My Dearest AJ,
I am sorry to say that I have decided that it was my time to leave. Your mother doesn’t like me and I over heart you two talking from the pool. I think I should just go home. I’m catching a 12:00 flight back to California from JFK to LAX. I’m so sorry baby. It’s just too awkward now. I don’t think I fit in well, so I am just going home.
See you when you get home!