- Text Size +
PART 3


Kevin looked at each one of them then made a wide smile. “Kristin just announced that she’s pregnant.” Then he started typing on his keyboards.

“Wow! I never thought that cybersex could get one pregnant, and fast!” AJ laughed. Brian slapped high fives with him as Howie and Nick extended his congratulations to Kevin. Kevin is so proud he even announced it to their bus driver, their security on board and sent a radio message to the two buses following behind them.

“Shut up, J.” Kevin said with a silly grin and returned to his seat. He read what was on the screen. “It seems like she knew about it since yesterday but would like to wait until I come home.”

“But she couldn’t hold the surprise to herself and told you anyway.” Nick said, looking over Kevin’s shoulders and reading Kristin’s chat message.

“Get off my back, Nick!” Kevin shooed him away. Nick went away and sat back to the chair beside Howie again.

“I guess I’ll have my pineapple cinnamon back, huh, Kevin?” Nick told him.

“Probably.” Kevin laughed, as he is on a very light mood today. “Whew! What a good thing to start a day!” He stood up from his seat, his laptop in hand. “This is it for me now, guys. I need to sleep. Kristin needs a charming husband and my child needs a healthy father.” He winked at them then retired to his own bunk.

Brian cackled. “I’m glad. I’m happy for Kev. And it seems like each one of us are going to have a nice day. I just read here that a group of fans are having a charity event to support Healthy Hearts.”

“Wonderful, Brian. So do mine.” AJ said and they exchanged high-fives once again. Nick watched them as he scratched his head. He turned to his laptop and stared at the wallpaper on screen. Howie noticed his silence.

“Anything wrong, Nicky?”

Nick shook his head. “I think that I should start surfing the net. Who knows? I might get lucky on something too.” He scratched his head once again. The three men chuckled, finishing off their Starbucks drinks, and just sitting there. It seems like they finally had enough of surfing.

“You will, Nicky.” AJ said then yawned. “Well, I guess that’s the cue for me to rest.” He stood up, stretching his body from left to right. “Good morning, pals. I need to sleep now.” He yawned as he made his way towards his bunk.

“I think I’ll have mine as well.” Brian added as well. “Anyway, there’s five hours more before we reach Boston.”

“Boston? That’s our next destination?” Nick asked.

“Get into the habit of reading our itinerary, Nicky, for your own sake,” Howie said and yawning as well. “I suddenly feel sleepy too. ‘Morning, Nick.” Howie followed Brian towards where the bunks are.

Nick is now left alone at the pantry, staring back once again at his mobile notebook. It’s almost five in the morning and he doesn’t feel sleepy at all. His rest earlier was enough. He isn’t hungry and he doesn’t want to play any video games. What is he going to do? Maybe surfing the Internet will do the trick to keep him busy.