- Text Size +
A/N: I first heard this song on American Idol sung by Kimberly Lock. I loved it when she sang it and then I began searching for it. I serached for it at windowsmedia.com and singingfish but all that came up was Brittany Spears. So I type it in at yahoo then I went to cdzinc.com and it had her. You have to have Window's Media to listen to it though.

Under Luck of Draw cd:

http://cdzinc.com/16K/rock/M_R/raittbonnie.html

Reviews are appreciated.

~Turn down the lights, turn down the bed
Turn down these voices inside my head
Lay down with me, tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don’t patronize~

The only thing that shown was the silver stars as cool black waves gently slapped against the beach. The two heard the soothing sound as the tension grew. She lay on his chest and his arm remained around her slim shoulders. He breathed in the scent of her black sweet hair as it blew with the gentle wind. Suddenly she was sitting up with hands in her face.

“What baby what?” Kevin Richardson asked and she sighed letting her shoulders slump.

“It’s just…” Julia McNeil ran a hand through her hair and she sighed again covering her face.

“It’s me.” He said, “I’m sorry.”

“No Kevin. It’s me.” She said standing turning to him, “I’m sorry.” She said taking his hands into hers and he looked away.

~ Cause I can’t make you love me if you don’t
You can’t make your heart feel something it won’t
Here in the dark, these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I’ll feel the power
But you won’t, no you won’t
Cause I can’t make you love me
If you don’t~

“I know, I know.” He whispered and she closed her eyes.

“I can’t lie to you any more. Please sit down so we can talk.” She said softly and he looked away into the ocean.

“About what?” he asked and she squinted against the darkness. She couldn’t see if he was crying. It didn’t sound like it. Kevin didn’t cry. He couldn’t. At least that was what she though.

“Kevin, please.” She begged and he turned and slowly began to walk away. She hopped to her feet and ran to him. Sand clung to the bottom of her pants and feet and she grabbed his arm. His back was still covered in sand and she smiled softly.

“Kevin please listen to me.” She said as she looked into his green eyes.

“Why?” he asked and she starred at him.

“Kevin, I can’t lie to you anymore. I love you. But…but not like you love me.” He looked away and she let his arm drop.

“Let’s just go home.” He said and they walked to the jeep. He opened the door for her and she slipped in. Slamming the door he walked to the other side. She leaned against her seat and closed her eyes. Gosh, she was killing him. He got into the jeep and started the drive home.

~I’ll close my eyes then I won’t see
The love you don’t feel when you’re holding me
Morning will come and I’ll do what’s right
Just give me till then to give up this fight
And I will give up this fight~

It was then after a quick breakfast when she hugged him that he knew he couldn’t fight the tears and she felt him fall into her. She hugged her arms around him.

“I’m sorry Kevin, I’m so sorry.” She whispered but he didn’t hear it. He didn’t want to hear it. He had clung onto something he knew wouldn’t have lasted. He knew but she was so good, such a good actor. He pretended he never noticed, he pretended he never saw.

“I love you Julie, I loved you.” He said pushing her away and turning around. He was still and she starred at his back. Seconds later she looked away.

“I tried Kevin, I tried. Believe me I tried to love you. I can’t.”

“Why who do you love? Who’s the other guy?”

“Nobody.” He looked at her.

“The why the hell is it so hard to love me?”

“I…I don’t know.” She said falling into a chair, “I don’t know.”

~ Cause I can’t make you love me if you don’t
You can’t make your heart feel something it won’t
Here in the dark, these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I’ll feel the power
But you won’t, no you won’t
Cause I can’t make you love me
If you don’t~

The sky was pink and orange. The sun was fading into the ocean slowly. She walked up behind him and she slipped her arms from behind him.

“Hey.” he said softly and she leaned against his back closing her eyes.

“Hey.” She said back opening as she took a deep breath. He stepped forward and she looked at the sand she squished her toes in.

“It just hurts so bad.” He said softly, “It just slowly kills me. I’m dying. I love you. I still love you.”

“I’m sorry!” she yelled covering her face, “I’m sorry I’m hurting you, I’m sorry I hurt you, I’m sorry for everything.” She said plopping down on the sand and he starred at her, “I just wish I could help you. I’ve never been in your situation before and I didn’t want to do this to you but I didn’t want to live a lie either and I’m-I’m just so fucked in my head and everything is just so-so wrong right now.” She said falling back into the sand and he sat down looking at her.

“I know. I know we can work through this. Together.” She closed her eyes and nodded.

“Yes we can.” She whispered as he pulled her up into his arms and hugged her.

“Friends?”

“Got it,” he said, “let’s do this.”


Lyrics by Bonnie Raitt

Bluefire Productions
Copyrighted 2005 ©
All Rights Reserved