- Text Size +
Chapter 17

~December 1993~

It was the week before Christmas. Since the trial, Felicia’s grades have improved significantly. She had also given up on trying not to fall for Nick. She figured that if it happened, then it happened. One day, Brian, AJ, and Felicia went over to Nick’s place to play some basketball.

“I’m still not used to there not being any snow,” Felicia said as they walked up to the door.

“I know, it’s so weird,” Brian said as he knocked.

“Oh yeah, I forgot your from Kentucky,” Felicia giggled.

“What, did you think only a select few Floridians have that accent?” AJ joked.

The door opened, but instead of being greeted by Nick, a little version of him appeared.

“Hi AJ, hi Brian,” the little kid said.

Brian bent down to his level. “Hey Aaron, is Nick here?”

“Yeah, he’s getting ready,” Aaron said and looked up at Felicia. “Your pretty. Who are you?” he cocked his head to the side.

Felicia giggled. “Why thank you. I’m Felicia, AJ’s sister.”

“Ohhh,” Aaron said and looked towards Nick’s room. “Nick! There’s a pretty girl here for you!”

Felicia blushed. AJ and Brian laughed as Nick came downstairs with his basketball. “Thanks munchkin.” Nick said as he closed the door behind him.

“Your welcome!” you could hear Aaron yell from behind the door.

“He is adorable Nick. How old is he?” Felicia asked as they went to the hoop.

“You say adorable, I say annoying,” Nick laughed. “He just turned six.”

“Well, for a six year-old, he IS quite the charmer,” Felicia joked.

“Okay, enough small talk,” AJ, said. “Brunettes versus the blonds.”

Brian laughed. “Okay, it’s on!”

~*~*~

After Nick and Brian KILLED Felicia and AJ at basketball, they all went inside to watch “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”. Brian kept imitating Bueller’s teacher, even though that part of the movie had been over with for a while. Felicia and Nick ended up falling asleep next to each other.

“Aww, aren’t they cute?” Brian said.

“Yeah. Actually, I’m surprised nothing is going on between the two of them yet.” AJ said as he ate more popcorn.

“I know! It’s like, they flirt, but they don’t know it.”

AJ looked at his watch. “We should get going. We need to help mom with the decorations.”

Just as if she knew that they needed to go, Felicia woke up right then. “What time is it?” she asked as she yawned. “Did I miss the movie?”

“It’s time to go. We need to get home. And yes, you missed the movie, but you weren’t the only one,” AJ said as he nodded towards Nick. Felicia blushed and stood up.

Brian went over to Nick. “Hey Frack, you gotta get up now.”

Nick just moaned and turned away from Brian.

Brian sighed. “Fine, then I am taking your Game Boy with me.”

Nick’s eyes opened wide. “Don’t take it!”

Everyone laughed at that. “Hey man, we hafta get going. We’ll see ya later,” AJ said as he stood up.

“Bye,” Nick said as he rubbed his eyes.

As Brian drove Felicia and AJ back home, Felicia fell asleep in the back seat. AJ looked at her through the mirror. I know they should be together, but I wonder when they will figure it out.