- Text Size +
Chapter 19

Felicia awoke to her comfortable bed. Someone must have taken me up here. Felicia thought back to last night, trying to remember what happened. Dinner, Babes in Toyland, the mistletoe…. the mistletoe, Felicia sighed. She didn’t feel anything when they kissed, so now she knew it would be better if they just stayed friends. She looked over at her clock; it was 7 am. Before she got out of bed, AJ bounded into her room.

“Ya ready for presents?” AJ asked, looking like a little kid, well, on Christmas morning.

Felicia laughed. “I guess. Did I fall asleep before everyone left?”

“Uh huh. You and Nick looked real comfy together too,” AJ said, raising his eyebrows.

Felicia just rolled her eyes. “Lets go.”

AJ pulled her downstairs. “Present time!”

Felicia laughed. “Did you have sugar or something?”

“Christmas IS my sugar,” AJ said and started opening up his presents.

Felicia opened hers as well. She got some clothes, a few picture frames from Kevin, Howie, and Nick, another journal from AJ, and a coupon for free guitar lessons from Brian. “I didn’t know Brian plays guitar.”

“Yeah, he’s pretty good at it,” AJ said.

“You two are up bright and early,” Denise said as she came downstairs. “Do you like your presents?”

Felicia and AJ nodded. “Thank you,” Felicia said, giving her a hug.

“Your welcome. Don’t forget to look in your stocking,” Denise said.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot,” Felicia said and went over. Denise winked at AJ. Felicia took all of her stuff out and sat on the floor. Lets see…candy, lots of candy, an envelope. “What’s this?” Felicia asked.

“Open it,” Denise smiled.

I wonder what this is… Felicia opened it and read the letter.

Mrs. McLean,

It is with pleasure that we inform you that the adoption papers for Felicia Levine have been accepted. If Felicia wishes to change her last name, please inform us. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Orlando Social Services

Felicia’s eyes went wide. She ran over and gave Denise the biggest hug she could. “I want to change my name,” Felicia mumbled.

“Really?” Denise asked.

Felicia nodded her head.

“Okay, we will write to them tomorrow. The mail wouldn’t be going out anyways,” Denise said.

“Uh, I’m slightly clueless,” AJ, said, scratching his head.

Denise laughed. “I thought you got the idea when I winked. The papers went through.”

AJ’s eyes went wide and he joined the hug. No one can take her away now.