- Text Size +
i dont know if im too happy with this chapter. might re-do it, dont really know. was sorta stumped, and i want to move it along. anyways, here it is.

and, i know the casper slide was released after 1999, i just love the song lol. so much fun!

Chapter 30

That night, Felicia, Lenni, and all of the boys would be hanging out at AJ’s place for a going away party/ graduation party. The boys would need to leave the next morning to continue with the tour, so they wouldn’t be able to go to the girl’s graduation party in a couple days. It wasn’t going to be big anyways, just a party with their fellow dance squad members. But since they were the only seniors on the squad, they decided to have one party.

Anyways, after graduation, Lenni’s parents and Denise went out to eat while the boys took Felicia and Lenni to AJ’s place.

“I can sense a repeat of prom, I just know it,” Felicia smiled. At prom, it was the best night of her life. There was no Amanda, or as she liked to be called, Willa, to stop her from dancing with Nick. Of course, Felicia didn’t have feelings like that for Nick anymore, but sometimes she just wanted to hang out with him, and Willa would try to stop that at all costs. At prom, he and AJ were going crazy with the dancing, something Felicia and Lenni wouldn’t let them live down; they took pictures and showed them to the guys.

“Uh….don’t think so girl,” AJ said, giving her a noogie.

“Hey! Watch the hair! Its frizzy enough already!” Felicia giggled. Luckily, they were at a stoplight, so she didn’t need to worry about him crashing while doing this. Felicia, AJ, Brian, and Nick were in one car, while Howie, Lenni, and Kevin were in another.

“I can’t believe we hafta go tomorrow. At 6 am too,” Nick complained as they pulled into AJ’s driveway.

“We can sleep on the plane Frack, don’t worry about that,” Brian said as they stepped out of the car, Kevin pulling up behind them.

“Lets get this party started!!” Lenni squealed, running up behind Felicia and jumping on her back.

~*~*~

“Hey guys, remember this?” AJ asked as he put in another cd.

“Funky, funky…..funky, funky…..everybody clap your hands…” the stereo played.

Felicia and Lenni squealed as the Casper Slide came on and started to dance. “And I thought you said this wouldn’t be a repeat of prom,” Felicia scoffed.

“So sue me, this dance is fun!” AJ said as he and Nick joined the girls. Brian, Kevin, and Howie just gave them a look that said ‘what the hell is this?’.

“Come on guys! It’s the easiest dance to do. They tell you every move you need to do,” Nick said, stomping his feet.

“Yeah, if Nick can do it, you guys can definitely do it,” Felicia joked.

Everyone laughed but Nick, who swatted her arm. “Yeah, yeah, pick on the uncoordinated one. Laugh it up,” he said as he continued.

“Slide to the left,” the stereo played. Felicia was standing on Nick’s right side, and managed to correctly slide to the left. Nick, however, went the wrong way, and collided into Felicia, causing AJ and Lenni to laugh more so than the other three.

“Nick, didn’t you learn your left’s and right’s from last time?” AJ asked, referring to prom. Nick did the same thing then, and obviously history is repeating itself.

Even though Nick was bigger than Felicia, he was the one who ended up on the floor, rubbing his arm. “It’s not my fault the dude changes around when he says left or right,” Nick mumbled.

Felicia helped him up and saw his arm was scrapped pretty badly. “Come with me, I’ll get you a band-aid for that.”

“No, really. It’s okay.”

“Nick, do you really want it to get infected before we go on tour?” Kevin asked. “Go with Felicia and clean it up.”

“Yes daddy,” Nick mumbled before Felicia dragged him into the house.

~*~*~

“I know the antiseptic is around here somewhere,” Felicia said to herself as she looked in the medicine cabinet. She found the gauze and medical tape, and decided to use that cause band-aids would be too small for this. Nick was sitting at the kitchen table with a wet washcloth over the scrapes.

“You don’t hafta do this,” Nick said, holding the arm.

“Found it! And yes I do,” Felicia said, sitting down with all of the supplies. “Roll up your sleeve.”

“Do I hafta?” Nick whined.

“Yes.”

Nick sighed and reluctantly rolled it up, showing more scrapes from the fall and other brusies. Felicia noticed this as she was cleaning his arm. “Nick Where did that come from?”

“What?” Nick asked before looking down at his arm. “Oh, those…..the fall,” he said, not too convincingly.

“Nick,” Felicia said seriously. “I know what bruises look like from when you fall. Those are not ‘falling down’ bruises, those are something else. What are they from?”

“How do you know what ‘falling down’ bruises are?”

“Because I always fell when I started dancing. And don’t change the subject. What are they from?” Felicia asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Willa,” Nick said softly, looking down at his feet.

“What? Oh god,” Felicia said softly. “Does she do this a lot?”

Nick nodded, not saying another word.

“Nick….I think you should break up with her,” Felicia said, looking into his eyes. Maybe this time he’ll listen to me.

“Already did….sorta,” Nick mumbled, avoiding her look.

Felicia was now confused. “Huh?”

Nick sighed and looked up. “This morning…well, she dumped me. Said she didn’t need me anymore. I didn’t tell the guys yet, figured they would play the ‘I told ya so’ game.”

Felicia sighed and gave him a comforting hug. “You know they wouldn’t do that. But I’m sorry about this Nick. You deserve better than that bitch.”

Nick looked up at her, shocked. “Felicia, did you just swear?”

Felicia giggled. “Yeah, I am AJ’s sister after all. Had to start sometime,” she joked.

Nick shook his head slightly before returning the hug. “Thanks.”

“Your one of my best friends Nick, I will always care about you.”

Nick smiled and pulled away. He looked down at his arm and back at Felicia. “um, wanna finish cleaning the scrape? They might think we did more than that if I go out with nothing on my arm," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Felicia laughed and worked on it. “You wish.”