- Text Size +
for all of you who want jono to get his just deserts.....your gonna need to wait one more chapter lol

and its the name game! lol....dr karno is named after this girl i met at orientation....as far as i know her dad isnt a doctor, so its not the same guy lol. and detective gray is named after....the color gray lol. no interesting story there.

Chapter 36

Once the ambulance arrived, Felicia was whisked into the ER, and AJ saw Denise and Lenni huddled together, so he joined them. Not long after, Nick, Brian, and Howie arrived.

Thirty minutes later, a doctor came out in green scrubs. “Felicia McLean?”

AJ looked up. “How is she?”

“She is going to make it,” he said, resulting in big sighs all around the waiting room. “However, her injuries were severe.”

“How….how bad were they?” Denise asked.

“She had some internal bleeding, but we managed to fix that up. She had many broken bones from the baseball bat, plus her collarbone. Her face has many bruises, but she only managed one cut.”

“Then why was there so much blood?” AJ asked.

“Whoever did this to her opened her up very badly. She needed 15 stitches to close it up. And because of the amount of blood lost, she is very pale, and going to be very weak. But other than that for the face, she just has bruises, scrapes, and some splinters. She was also strangled, both by the bat and by hand. You can see the different bruises on her neck. They aren’t very pretty,” he said, warning the group. “She was moved to her own room, not long ago, its room 214. Do you have any other questions?”

Nick looked up. “Was….was she raped?” he asked softly.

The doctor smiled. “Thankfully she wasn’t. It appears the man who did this was going to, but he was interrupted, as her panties were still on. And we didn't find any traces of semen.” The detective who was with AJ in the ambulance was with them now and wrote down that bit of information.

AJ looked over at Nick. “That was probably when we got there,” he whispered.

The doctor didn’t miss the comment. “Then it’s a good thing you got there when you did. If you need me, my name is Doctor Karno.”

“Thank you so much,” Denise said, smiling slightly.

“Your welcome,” Doctor Karno said before heading off to work on another patient.

“We should head up….so we’ll be there when she wakes up…” Lenni said softly. Howie went over to her and wrapped a comforting arm around her as she stood up. The whole group, including the detective, went up to 214.

~*~*~

“I’ll be out here. I want to talk to her as soon as she wakes up so we can work on the case,” the detective said, standing next to the doorway to Felicia’s room.

AJ nodded and led the whole group inside. Felicia was hooked up to the same type of machines that were in the ambulance, along with a few extra ones. Denise rushed over to the chair next to the bed and sat down, taking her hand. AJ sat down next to her. On the way up, Nick was holding onto Lenni instead of Howie, so they sat on the other side of the bed. Howie and Brian both pulled up some chairs and sat at the end of the bed.

After a couple minutes of silence, Felicia’s eyes fluttered open. She looked around, confused with why everyone was sitting around her, and why she ached all over. Seeing this, Howie went to get the detective from the hallway.

“Hey sweetie,” Denise said, kissing her forehead.

Felicia tried to talk, but the oxygen mask made it muffled. When she realized that she had one on she started to panic.

“Shhh. Calm down,” Nick said.

“If you calm down I think we can take it off,” AJ said.

Felicia took a couple of deep breaths and nodded, indicating she wanted it off. Nick gently took it off and put it next to her.

“What…what happened?” Felicia asked, her voice hoarse.

AJ was concerned. “What’s the last thing you remember?”

Felicia tried to think back. “I…I was getting ready for the cookout. Bagel made a mess, and I went to my room to clean up,” she said before realization hit her. “Oh god…..”

“Would you mind if I speak to her alone?” the detective asked as he came in. Felicia didn’t notice him come in, still in shock about what happened to her. The others stood up and went to leave. When Felicia noticed this, she grabbed AJ’s arm.

“Is it okay if I stay?” he asked, not really wanting to leave anyways.

The detective sighed but nodded. “Okay, but only you.” He looked as the others had already joined Howie. AJ sat back down and smiled softly at Felicia.

“Miss McLean, I’m Detective Gray. I would like to ask you a few questions about the attack.”

Felicia nodded softly, playing with AJ’s fingers.

Gray took this as a signal to continue with the questioning. “Do you know who did this to you?”

Felicia continued to play with AJ’s fingers, starting to tear up.

“Sweetie,” AJ said, bending his head down some. “Please, if you know who it was, you need to tell him.”

Felicia continued to stare at AJ’s hand. After a moment, she spoke. “Jono…” she said softly.

Gray wrote it down as AJ’s face paled. “Jono? Jono roadie Jono?” he asked, not wanting to believe it.

Felicia nodded softly as one of her tears fell on his hands.

“What’s his last name?”

“Novak,” Felicia said, finally looking up, still crying silently.

“Can you give me a physical description?”

“He’s…he’s about 6’3”. Very big, very muscular. He has blonde hair, almost brown. Hazel eyes……” she trailed off, gripping AJ’s hand even tighter.

“Could you tell me what he did to you?”

Felicia drew in a shaky breath but nodded. “I went up to my room to get ready for a cookout. I washed off my face, and when I looked up, he was in the mirror. He was telling me how he still loved me, and he was very drunk.” She paused for a moment, trying not to break down.

“You said he said he still loved you? Were you going out at one point?”

Felicia nodded. “We broke up last week,” she said before continuing. “I made it to my bedroom, but he tore the phone out of the wall. I..I went over to my bed, I keep a bat there in case someone breaks in. I tried to swing at him, but he grabbed it and pinned me against the wall with it,” Felicia said, now crying, but trying to finish. “I-I kicked him, and r-ran to the stairs. H-he either pushed me o-or hit me, but that’s the l-last thing I remember.”

AJ was silent during the whole thing, still in shock that it was Jono who did it. I thought he was my friend.

Detective Gray nodded and closed up his notebook. “Thank you, we will be sure to ask him about this,” he said before making his way out.

Finally, AJ spoke up. “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

Felicia looked at him confused. “W-why? It’s not your f-fault he got drunk off h-his ass.”

“I introduced you to him.”

“That doesn’t m-make it your fault,” she said, pulling him into a hug. Once she did that, she sobbed into his shirt. AJ joined her in crying and the two stayed like that.

~*~*~

As Detective Gray left the room, he was asked by the other’s if she said who did it.

“A Jono Novak. If you will excuse me, I need to catch up with my partner,” he said before going to the elevator.

“I knew it,” Nick said coldly, not particularly to anyone.

Everyone just sat there, processing this bit of information. Once Felicia was heard crying in her room, Lenni snapped. That son of a bitch is toast.

and lenni, i know last night i said i was going to be on till 10, but tonight i decided 11, just cause i realised i usualy stayed up that late when i went to school anyways....but you werent on at 10:40, so i got off so we wouldnt lose track of time or anything if you got on lol.