- Text Size +
Chapter 45

~December 2001~

It’s New Year’s Eve, and Lenni and AJ are still a couple. Well, to them they are. To everyone else they are just really good friends. They didn’t want to tell Felicia in case she was upset that her brother was dating her best friend.

The gang was at Nick’s house to ring in 2002. Instead of watching the ball drop on TV and all of the special programs before it, they decided just to have a small party instead. Lenni and AJ were trying not to be obvious, so they decided to sit at opposite ends of the room. The girls, including Howie’s new girlfriend Trisha, were talking about all their pets, while the boys were talking about the football playoffs.

“I’m telling you! The Bucs will make it to the Super Bowl this year!” Nick exclaimed as the others laughed at him.

“Nick, okay. They WILL make it to the playoffs, but the Super Bowl?” Brian said between laughs, trying to calm down.

“Just watch,”Nick mumbled and crossed his arms. “They will make it and then all of you will be wrong.”

“Uh huh. Sure,” AJ shook his head and made eye contact with Lenni. He gave a slight nod to the kitchen that no one else saw then turned his attention back to the guys. “I’ll be back guys, I need a smoke.”

Kevin sighed as AJ walked towards the kitchen, where the back porch was located. “If only he stopped smoking too.”

Howie shrugged and leaned back into the couch. “At least he gave up something.”

“True.”

~*~*~

How long should I wait? I don’t want to seem rude, but I don’t want AJ to think I forgot about him, Lenni thought as she “listened” to Leighanne talk about Tyk playing tug of war with Brian when he was trying to get ready.

“It was just hilarious. Everytime he got a new sock, Tyk decided he wanted to add it to his collection.”

Everyone laughed, so Lenni forced a laugh because she had no idea what they were talking about. “Um gals, I’ll be right back. Gotta use the facilities.”

Felicia laughed and gave Lenni a slight shove once she got up. “You don’t gotta tell us the details gal.”

Lenni giggled before going to the bathroom across the hall from the kitchen. When she got there she checked to make sure if anyone was looking that way, and was pleased when they weren’t. She managed to zip into the kitchen and saw AJ leaning up against the island.

“Took ya long enough,” he joked before meeting her halfway from the door.

“So sorry. Let me make up for it,” she said and wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist.

“How do you plan on doing that?”

“Like this,” she whispered before covering his lips with hers.

~*~*~

By now, except for AJ and Lenni who are making out in the kitchen, the entire gang was playing pictionary and Howie was drawing….SOMETHING.

“BIG BIRD!” Nick shouted out as Howie shook his head.

“5….4….” Leighanne counted down, as the other girls were conferencing about what it was, laughing at the boys futile attempts.

“HOT AIR BALLOON!” Brian tried his luck, but Howie shook his head again.

“3….2….1…. Okay, our turn,” Leighanne laughed as the boys kept arguing over what it was

“You guys suck,” Howie said, still standing by the easel. “I can’t believe you didn’t get it.”

“Let’s see, okay?” Kevin said. “If the girls don’t get it, then you are just bad at drawing.”

“We think,” Trisha cleared her throat, “It’s a pregnant woman.”

“THANK YOU!” Howie exclaimed and twirled her around. “I knew I had a smart girlfriend.”

“Howie’s bad at drawing, eh?” Kristin laughed and went to sit on Kevin’s lap.

“Be quiet,” Kevin sulked.

“Aww,” Kristin gave him a peck on the lips and cuddled into him.

Felicia smiled and drank the last of her Code Red. “I’m going to get some more to drink. Anybody want anything?” She was met by everyone shaking their heads no, except for Nick who had a puppy face. She went over to him. “What do you want sweetie?”

“I have some jelly beans….somewhere…” Nick chuckled.

“And you want me to find them, right?” she smirked, crossing her arms.

“Well….if your going into the kitchen ANYWAYS….” he trailed off, putting the puppy face back on.

“Fine, I’ll find your jelly beans,” Felicia laughed before going off to the kitchen. She opened the door and was shocked when she saw AJ and Lenni involved in a heavy make-out session against the dishwasher. “What in the…”

Lenni heard Felicia and pulled away from AJ abruptly. She blushed furiously and couldn’t look Felicia in the eye.

AJ turned around and saw Felicia’s shocked look, but he took it for disgusted. “Aw shit…”

“Guys, what-“

“Excuse me,” Lenni said softly before jetting out of there and heading to the bathroom.

“Lenni! Wait!” Felicia called out, but Lenni already shut the door.

AJ sighed before sitting down on a stool, resting his arms on the counter and laying his head down.

Felicia sat down next to him, still in some shock. “Are you two a couple?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah..”

“How long?”

“Halloween. Before we made it to your place.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Felicia asked, sounding hurt.

“We thought you would freak if you knew your brother was dating your best friend,” AJ said, moving his head so it was still laying down on his arms but facing her.

“Alex, I’d hate to break it to you, but I am dating one of your best friends,” Felica sighed, putting her head on her arms and facing AJ.

“Yeah….but…Hell, I don’t know what we were thinking,” AJ chuckled.

“I am happy for the two of you, I really am. I just wish I didn’t find out like this, ya know? It’s sort of a shocker.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that. If this happens again, I will be sure to let you know,” he said, sitting up.

“Well, I hope it doesn’t happen again,” Felicia smirked.

“Huh?”

“If something like that happens again, then it means you broke up with Lenni, and you would need to deal with me.”

AJ laughed before hugging her. “True. So, you forgive us then?”

Felicia hugged him back. “Of course.” She looked up when she heard sniffling coming from the doorway, and saw Lenni giving an apologetic smile.

“Sorry gal, we were just paranoid I guess,” she said sheepishly.

“It’s okay, now get back over here with your boy toy. And remember to be back for the countdown!” she laughed. She gave Lenni a quick hug and went back to the living room, forgetting to look for the Jelly Beans.

Lenni went over and hugged AJ from behind. “We have got to be less paranoid,” she said, resting her head on his shoulder.

AJ smiled and turned around, wrapping his arms around her. “That might be a good thing to do,” he said before leaning in to kiss her. He was interrupted though when Felicia came back with her hands over her eyes.

“Sorry! Forgot the Jelly Beans!” she said before crashing into things.

AJ and Lenni laughed at her when she bumped into the refrigerator. Lenni buried her face into AJ’s chest. “How did she become a dancer?” she asked between laughs.

“I don’t know,” he laughed and kissed her head.

“I heard that you two. Ow, ow, ow,” she said, taking her hands off of her eyes and rubbing her shin as she faced the pantry. “GOT EM!” she yelled before leaving the kitchen.

“That’s my sister for ya,” AJ chuckled before bending his head down to kiss her, this time without interruption.