- Text Size +
Chapter 49

Felicia’s eyes bolted open. What the….where am I? she thought as she glanced around, noticing she was no longer in front of Nick’s old house, which she remembered was sold a couple month’s back. She was instead in her and Nick’s bed in her house, and Nick was sound asleep next to her, snoring like a baby. She glanced down at her hand and noticed the beautiful ring was still holding its spot on her right ring finger. She placed her hand over her heart as she tried to calm it down; that small movement moved Nick and he lazily opened his eyes.

“Hey baby,” he mumbled and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her neck. “Why are you up?”

“Is there someone else?” Felicia asked softly, still confused with what was real and what was not. Considering her dreams had always meant something in the past and she had a dream in a dream just then, she didn’t even know if she was still asleep. “I mean, I know that you respect my decision to not have sex until after we are married, but it doesn’t mean you don’t go to someone else for that…”

“What?” Nick asked, fully awake after that question. “Why would you ask that? You know I only want you…”

Felicia turned to face him as he reassured her that she was his only one, but didn’t hear a word he said. All she had to do was look in his eyes and know he was hers. She hugged him tight and buried her face into the crook of his neck as she cried quietly, but this time they were happy tears.

“Shh…is something else wrong?” Nick asked as he rubbed her back. “Do I stink real bad?”

Felicia managed a chuckle and wiped her nose, pulling back and smiling at him. “No, you don’t stink real bad. You-you stink like normal,” she said through her hiccups, but Nick could see that the smile didn’t reach her eyes.

“Well that’s a relief!” Nick smiled. “I thought I might have put on too much road kill cologne,” he joked, trying to cheer her up some.

Felicia managed a small giggle and snuggled closer into Nick’s arms.

“So, want to tell me what your dream was about?” Nick asked as he stroked her hair.

Felicia tilted her head up. “How did you know I had a dream?”

“Your Felicia; you ALWAYS have dreams,” Nick chuckled and kissed her nose.

“True…” Felicia said softly, trying to process what the dreams meant, if anything.

“Well?” Nick tried again.

“I don’t even know myself,” Felicia half-lied. Even though it was clear that the two dreams were about drowning and being cheated on, she knew neither were possible nor issues to make Nick worry. Especially with her brand new goal to never go surfing