- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys. Just a warning, this week has been very stressful with me finding out about an exam on Friday, sorority issues, and more exams to come in the next two weeks, and that isnt even the half of it. So while I am posting an update tonight, I wasn't able to write another one. I am hoping I can catch up by Saturday with my writing so my updates don't get behind, but I dont want to promise anything (next weeks update will happen, its a matter of the updates after that. I do have ideas though, its just a matter of finding time to write. Hope you enjoy this one!
Chapter 54

“I’m so cold Erica,” Felicia uncharacteristically whined. “Why can’t we go to the fire?”

“Because its not your time,” Erica said softly, still walking to the door, wrapping an arm around Felicia in hopes of making her think she was warmer.

Felicia quieted down, and continued to think about her old family and her old life, even just how she got there. Penny! I wonder if the bear got her, she thought as her eyes welled with tears.

Erica sighed. “Felicia, Penny is from Camp Wise. You were just dreaming about her before you found me.”

Felicia gave Erica a funny look as she nearly doubled over in pain from her stomach. “If I was dreaming when why is my stomach killing me and my head feeling like its about to burst?” she asked, talking like herself again.

Erica sighed, knowing she had to explain what happened. “What do you remember last? Before you went on your ride with Penny?”

Felicia tried to remember but when she tried to concentrate her head hurt even worse.

“You can do it,” Erica encouraged and rubbed Felicia’s back.

Felicia took a deep breath and tried again.Christmas time……we were going to celebrate Christmas….

“That’s right,” Erica encouraged.

“Okay, that’s is just REALLY freaking me out now,” Felicia complained.

“Then just say what your thinking.”

“Alright…….Howie…..Howie and I were driving to Brian’s place,” Felicia recalled. “Howie started to sing “Poison”, and I mentioned a snowball fight, and then---”

“And then you were in a car accident,” Erica spoke softly and opened the wooden door, showing the hospital room Felicia was placed into. “Now your in a coma….”

“What?” Felicia breathed, never believing that could happen to her. She froze in the doorway as she watched Nick and A.J., between hers and another bed, keeping vigil over her broken and bruised sleeping body. “How long?”

“A week. Its New Years Eve Day,” Erica said as Lenni came in with some food for Nick and A.J.. Felicia looked over to the other bed in the room and finally recognized Howie.

“Howie was hurt too?” she asked as she walked over to his bed.

“Not as bad as you, but yes. He woke up the first day. Your friends have been around the both of you, but ever since the doctor said the longer you stay in the coma the worse it looks for you, they all stay near you when Howie is asleep,” Erica said sadly. A jingling noise softly went off drawing both Felicia and Erica’s attention. Erica looked up at the ceiling with an annoyed look. “Do I have to?” she asked to no one.

“What was that? Who was that?” Felicia asked as she walked back to her sister as A.J. and Nick ignored their food.

“Mommy and daddy,” Erica grumbled. “They said I have to leave now.”

“Mommy and daddy?” Felicia asked.

Erica nodded. “You can take your time going back, but this way you can see how much you need to go back to your family. Once you are ready to go back to them, just lay down on the bed. You won’t be able to remember any of this once you wake up, but that is because it’s not your time yet.”

“But you guys are my family! I want to remember seeing you!” Felicia nearly shouted, feeling the need to stay quiet even though no one would be able to hear her.

“Yes we are,” Erica smiled. “And we are always watching over you. But this is your new family now as it was destined to be, and like I said, its not your time, not yet. We were the ones killed by a drunk driver, that’s not apart of your destiny,” Erica hugged Felicia as tight as she could. “We’ll be watching…,” she said and let go of her big sister. She walked through the door they came through and closed it behind her, leaving Felicia to face this on her own.